PDA

View Full Version : Re: Tom Brevoort's New Blog Comments

Flightpath07
02-12-2007, 04:23 PM
An open letter of thank you to Site Administrator Ben,

Ben just wanting to thank you for the information you posted under the Recent Updates section of AlphaFlight.net, regarding Tom Brevoort's blog posting at Marvel. com.

As always, you did a wonderful job of stating your case with class, and pointing out the link so that others could read it and make their own decisions on the matter.

I read Mr. Brevoort's blog, and all the responses, yours included.

I really had trouble believing, from the apparent tone of the blog in question, that Mr. Brevoort had any intention of using his inflammatory speech to drum up sales for Omega Flight the mini-series. It seems to me he was having way more fun calling the fans irate and stupid (not a direct quote). I found his comments to be wrong, uninformed, and extremely questionable, most definitely upsetting. However, I found that your words back to him were careful, precise, passionate, and respectful.

Good luck on that public apology. I doubt you will get anything but a further kick in the teeth.

But I did want to thank you, Ben. Your class has shown through, once again. You handled it much better than I could have, and you did us all proud.

Garry/Al-Fan
02-16-2007, 02:11 PM
...I really had trouble believing, from the apparent tone of the blog in question, that Mr. Brevoort had any intention of using his inflammatory speech to drum up sales for Omega Flight the mini-series. It seems to me he was having way more fun calling the fans irate and stupid (not a direct quote). I found his comments to be wrong, uninformed, and extremely questionable, most definitely upsetting. ...Good luck on that public apology. I doubt you will get anything but a further kick in the teeth.

But I did want to thank you, Ben. Your class has shown through, once again. You handled it much better than I could have, and you did us all proud.

I'll say it again: you're the man, Ben. In the face of such a venom-filled attack on the very people who are supporting and promoting Omega Flight like a professional editor is supposed to do, you handled this situation with a lot more restraint than I would have.

I re-read the article in Wizard detailing Tom Brevoort's work over the past year, and the man has been very busy. Perhaps, asking the former editor from DC who worked on 52 to steer Omega Flight with Andy Schmidt might relieve some of the work-load off of Mr. Brevoort.

I still think that OF deserves an editor who demonstrates a true committment to its success.