PDA

View Full Version : THE IDEAL OMEGA FLIGHT HQ??

Banshee
02-21-2007, 07:02 AM
Personally, I always liked Tamarind Island, nice place for spooky storylines, but I know, a bit isolated. Anyone any idea(especially Canadians, love to hear your views) on where the team would be based that would give good story opportunities?? This would help MA Oeming when we succeed in making the title ongoing. :D

Ahab
02-21-2007, 08:51 AM
I have to say, when I saw the title of this new message roll up on the first Alpha Waves screen, I mistook the Q in HQ for an O. I thought - well that is an easy one - either Aurora or Murmur... :D

Uncle Toxie
02-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Hahaha, good one Ahab!

I had gone back to re-read Vol. 1 and get the issues that I never read and was thinking about this. I don't recall where I am at the moment, I know I just finished Building Blocks, when they switched creative teams. Point being, they had just moved into a new HQ and have not really finished it.

I never thought that the island got enough time as an HQ, as soon as they got set up, it was destroyed. It would be nice if they were able to get a place and keep it for more than a few issues!

SmurfInABlender
02-21-2007, 02:26 PM
I still wish they had kept the base in northern canada that bedlam made... Though it became a spaceship so Omega wouldn't use that but I liek the idea of seclution.. canada is the perfect place for that with its low populated northern terretories!

Mokole
02-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Really I have no preference. Tamarind Island, Department H, Moncton. Though since OF is 'spinning' out of Civil War, having an eastern HQ makes more sense, since Civil War seemed to exist out east.

Captain Primate
02-21-2007, 04:07 PM
It would be nice to see the HQ being on the prairies or in the maritimes.

SephirothsKiller
02-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Balancing on top of the C.N. tower?

But seriously, located in toronto is probably the best. Maybe the Calgary what with its oil. And my dream would be that they would establish a base in Citadel Hill!!

Snowsquatch
02-21-2007, 08:38 PM
I think it should be in Ontario, at the meeting point of James Bay and Hudson Bay! :twisted:

Just put them in Ottawa. Presumably, Talisman can teleport them anywhere in a hurry.

SmurfInABlender
02-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Which Is why I liek the idea of a secluded base in the northern terretory away from people but they coudl teleport where needed... don't want the american government extraditing anybody

Canucklehead
02-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Really I have no preference. Tamarind Island, Department H, Moncton. Though since OF is 'spinning' out of Civil War, having an eastern HQ makes more sense, since Civil War seemed to exist out east.

They can hang out at my place!
:D 8)

Obsidian3d
02-22-2007, 01:45 AM
If there's only one team and have to rely on mechanized transportation I'd say someplace geographically central like Winnipeg or even Saskatoon would be best. Granted, not likely much going to be happening there though. Simple truth is that Canada is far too large a land mass to be patrolled by a squad of six.

Corvus
02-22-2007, 04:15 AM
Giant Stanley Cup shaped tower. :D

Canucklehead
02-22-2007, 06:37 AM
If there's only one team and have to rely on mechanized transportation I'd say someplace geographically central like Winnipeg or even Saskatoon would be best. Granted, not likely much going to be happening there though. Simple truth is that Canada is far too large a land mass to be patrolled by a squad of six.

They'll probably be centrally located (Montreal/Ottawa/Toronto) but I hpoe when Oeming said they'd run into farmiliar faces, that he means there's at least one former AF member per city (not a "Canada Initiative" but just to see that OK, Flex is covering Manitoba, the Twins have Quebec etc etc) that they can meet and teamup with when they are in the area.

Banshee
02-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the input guys! Seclusion is well and good, but if the teleporter leaves, you better have a quinjet!

SmurfInABlender
02-25-2007, 05:42 PM

They'll probably be centrally located (Montreal/Ottawa/Toronto) but I hpoe when Oeming said they'd run into farmiliar faces, that he means there's at least one former AF member per city (not a "Canada Initiative" but just to see that OK, Flex is covering Manitoba, the Twins have Quebec etc etc) that they can meet and teamup with when they are in the area.

That would be good if they bumped into people in the cities... not perminant members but still oens willing to help, maybe even have become local solo superheroes for the city that they are in

Legerd
02-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Probably they'll be in Ottawa for the simple reason USAgent needs to stay close to the US embassy.

Obsidian3d
02-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Want to know what's really pathetic?

This link
http://www.usembassycanada.gov/

Follow the next one for an even bigger fun-plosion.

Adam
02-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Not that it makes a lick of sense story-wise, but I'd love to see the HQ somewhere a bit forested. I loved the imagery of Department H surrounded by pine trees (Vol 2 had a lot of that). Stick `em in Northern Ontario somewhere out on the shield.

kozzi24
03-10-2007, 10:42 AM
After the damage to NYC in CW #7, it would seem to make more sense to have Omega's HQ in a secluded, non-populated area.

cmdrkoenig67
03-11-2007, 09:23 AM
I agree...Somewhere secluded and maybe even secreted from the general public would be best. I've always felt secret super hero bases were the best, anyway.

I'd rather Xavier's School was still thought of as just an exclusive school for "Gifted" students...Not widely known as a mutant school...It makes the kids far too vulnerable to attack from both mutant-hating humans and evil mutants(remember many of the kids were crucified by a human anti-mutant group shortly after the school went public).

I feel the same about most other super heroes. Take the Avengers or the Fantastc Four as examples...Having a mansion/sky-scraper in the middle of Manhatten is cool and all, but how many villain attacks have happened over the years and put the general public in deadly danger, because everyone knows where they are based?

Dana

Banshee
03-13-2007, 11:10 AM
After the damage to NYC in CW #7, it would seem to make more sense to have Omega's HQ in a secluded, non-populated area.

I concur.

Mario
03-13-2007, 01:11 PM
What if OF headquartered in Skuttlebutt?

(Skuttlebutt is Bill's sentient starship)

-K-M-
03-13-2007, 01:21 PM
What if OF headquartered in Skuttlebutt?

(Skuttlebutt is Bill's sentient starship)

I would like that, but they would properly stay more to a Canadian locale.

SmurfInABlender
03-14-2007, 01:42 AM
I'm sorry his ship is named SKUTTLEBUTT?

Le Messor
03-14-2007, 02:03 AM

That's the word around the Mess...

- Le MESSor
Andy Dick: "That's Morpheus. There's going to be a big orgy at his place later... At least, that's what many of us have heard."
Morhpeus: "It is true what many of you have heard!"

Mario
03-14-2007, 02:34 PM

That would be the English translation of her Korbenite name, yes. :D

I actually wrote a mini-fic, years ago, where I created the Korbinite equivalents to their names. As I recall, they were:

Bedh Arrae Bel: Machine-Beast Bel and

Skad Ul Bedh: Great Sky Machine

Totally non-canon, of course. :mrgreen:

HappyCanuck
03-16-2007, 03:05 AM
I know we'd ll like to forget that Volume 3 existed, but how about the Plodex ship in the Arctic? it's secluded, it can tessaract, and has a slue of possibilities.

(Oh, btw, I'm NOT dead. Just internetless fro the time being. I'll pop in every now and then)

Banshee
03-18-2007, 02:55 PM
I know we'd ll like to forget that Volume 3 existed, but how about the Plodex ship in the Arctic? it's secluded, it can tessaract, and has a slue of possibilities.

(Oh, btw, I'm NOT dead. Just internetless fro the time being. I'll pop in every now and then)

NOOOOOOO! Volume 3 is just a Bobby Ewing shower scene!!

I read somewhere they are in Parliament Hill. Wasn't that where Department H was originally??

Canucklehead
03-18-2007, 07:22 PM

Even though the ship is cool, I'd hate for a Canadian team to have an HQ in a place of constant snow. Parliment Hill is at least fitting.

PS
Good to hear from ya again!

Mokole
03-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Yes, they'll be based 'under' Paerliament Hill. Old or new Department H digs?