PDA

View Full Version : When will Marvel Announce Omega Flight as an Ongoing?

SmurfInABlender
04-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Just thoguht since its obviouse that Omega flight has been a success, I was wondering how long it iwll be before marvel says the word

SmurfInABlender
04-11-2007, 05:07 PM
I think it will be after 4, and then they'll promote the new #1 to come the month following issue 5 (Atleast thats what I hope)

Barnacle13
04-11-2007, 05:38 PM
I think WHEN Omega Flight #2 shows strong numbers they'll get things lined up for the ongoing. When it'll be announced remains to be seen. While I'd like to think issue #1 is enough to ake it a reality, if I were putting up my money on the project I'd want to see at least the same amount of success out of #2 and possibly #3. I'd be lining things up in the background though to keep Oeming and Kolins around for a looooong time. If the book ultimately failed before the end of #5, I'd put them on another project together. They seem to work very well together! I'd expect it'll be in issue #4, but I voted after #2 (with my heart)! I'll be voting with my wallet for the rest of the mini-series!

SmurfInABlender
04-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Oeming and Kolins have given fans the glory that has been needed to the flight. If omega doesn't continue and they work together on a project i'll spend my money there!

Barnacle13
04-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Oeming and Kolins have given fans the glory that has been needed to the flight. If omega doesn't continue and they work together on a project i'll spend my money there!

You are abso-smurf-ly correct! I'll move my money as well to follow them.

Mokole
04-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Well, since "Initiative" was made an ongoing before issue #1 came out and thus had no sale figures, just projected sales, and "Initiative" harkens back to New X-Men: Academy X (by Philippis and Weir) (which was cancelled/rebooted because it didn't focus on a core group of characters, just like "Initiative" which follows the same "various teams in training and competition" theme), I figure they'll make OF an ongoing after issue #3.

BTW, I read New X-Men: Academy X but HATE New X-Men as it is written/drawn now, so I don't buy Yost's version. Academy X was much more interesting than Initiative is, too.

SmurfInABlender
04-11-2007, 09:01 PM
I havn't even thought about x-men cause I hate characters that are knock offs... like i know i'll get yelled at by some one here, but the hwole idea of a wolverine-esque chick just is stupid, plus i think Marvel over-saturates the audience with Wolverine, yeah he's cool and can kick tail, but that doesn't mean he has to be everywhere, and doesn't mean when he's not there you have to make a knock off of him

I'm just bitter

then again, IRONICALLY, Omega flight which is made of what soem might say are "knockoffs" I don't constitute as knock offs because they are done in a way as to make them seperate.. (well U S Agent is pushing it but his personality is very different then Captain America so it works)

DelBubs
04-12-2007, 02:25 PM
If it does become an ongoing, I don't think Marvel would announce to after figures are in for the whole limited. Then they might release a TPB of the limited to coincide with any ongoing.

SmurfInABlender
04-12-2007, 06:35 PM
yeah, I can see that, I figured if they anounced it it woudl take soem time before the new one started...but how long does it take to make a tpb?!

DelBubs
04-12-2007, 06:50 PM
I can't see it being a large amount of time, they have the content etc.

Garry/Al-Fan
04-13-2007, 12:29 PM
...and if they are close to what OF# 1 does, then an on-going may get green-lighted. I doubt tptb will jump the gun, given the sales trajectory of volume 3, no matter how much we die-hard fans might want or expect it.

Even more than hoping that the level of quality stays consistent throughout the entire 5-issue run, I hope MARVEL will give a little extra added value by adding a page or two as the series moves along, so we get the full effect of this new team.