PDA

View Full Version : Reviews and Recommendations

Dfense75
04-22-2007, 11:24 PM
Hey all :D Other than our mutual favorite comic out there. I have a rather large pull list at my comic store and read about as much as I can get my hands on (and afford). If anyone wants to know any info or opinions on a certain title or character post here or start a new one Ill be happy to drop some knowledge on ya. :D

SmurfInABlender
04-23-2007, 01:05 AM
this is actually about an old comic.. but I've been really looking into buying the old Powerman Iron fist comcis and was wondering if any one has read them and what they think

Dfense75
04-23-2007, 09:01 AM
The old Powerman and Iron Fist comics where great. It was and still is today one of the best "buddy" books. It tackled alot of issues like racism and other economc and social dynamics in a bit more of a realistic setting than other books of its time. There are many great moments between Cage and Iron Fist. You watch their friendship grow into them becoming more like brothers. The supporting cast to was good with the sexy gals from Nightwing crew. Plus you just cant beat some of the adventures they would go on. They would range from extra dimensional to street level adventures. It was a fun ride while it lasted. Sadly they are not currently in reprint so getting the originals is your only bet ATM.