PDA

View Full Version : Buffy 8X3 (Spoilers)

SephirothsKiller
05-03-2007, 01:25 AM
Did anybody else find this issue slightly confusing? I think it's the artist's fault mostly, sometimes what was happening (mostly the witch fight) was pretty confusing.

Also: felt that after seven years of Willow's speech patterns being established the phrase "bone a thricewise" came out of nowhere...

And: Willow's still dating Kennedy apparently, boo for that! Talk about a hackneyed, too fast not-meaningful love story.

Similar to: What looks like might happen between Xander and Renee.

Did anybody else: Think that it was Willow who kissed Buffy? (Everybody else was too embarrassed to come out of the closet or something? I doubt the Xander thing.)

Props for: Dawn being handled the way she was. Loved it.
And: For using Ethan Rayne again, one of my fave not-quite-villains. If only I could tell it was him easier, but of course the art looked nothing like him.
And: For hints that Clem might appear in the series soon.
And: Warren, yay!! Now all we need is Jonothan back!

Finally: One last beef about the art, who is the artist looking at when he's trying to draw Andrew? Because it clearly is not the guy who actually played him in the series.

Bottom line: It's really hard to appreciate this series like it deserves to be appreciated with the art we're given. I enjoy the expressions the artist pulls out though. The cover artist is especially amazing: http://www.whedon.info/article.php3?id_article=21843

P.S. Almost done Season three. That'll make Seasons 1,2,3,5,6,7. Don't know if I'm gonna bother with Season four. Might move on to Angel.

Manikin
05-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Just a quick word SK, if you are going to post spoilers, please make a note so that people don't read what you had said by accident.

That being said, I enjoyed the book. I found the 3rd issue better than the first two, and I am enjoying the quirky humor. I tend to not have as much of a beef with the art, having no trouble recognizing characters. (It was Angel and Spike who were to two naked men hugging nurse Buffy) I personally don't really buy comics based on the artwork. I feel that the story and dialog are what makes them a good read.

SephirothsKiller
05-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Oh I can recognize everyone fine, like I immediately recognized Angel and Spike and Joss when they appeared, I just feel that the resemblance isn't what it could be. Particularly with Andrew. And Buffy's face is drawn with features which are not suited to someone her age (compare the facial structure of Cover Artist Buffy to interior artist Buffy.)