PDA

View Full Version : Thor

Beta Ray Daz
05-27-2007, 07:34 AM
Is anyone else excited about the new Thor series?

here's an interview with JMS about my favourite God of Thunder..
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=83671

This Dell'otto variant for #2 is awesome..
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/aug07/Thor2Delloto.jpg

please hit me if someone else has already posted this drivel..

Dfense75
05-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Very much excited! I love the writer and artist. Plus Thor's new look ROCKS!!

DaVeO
05-27-2007, 02:00 PM
What type of armour is Thor wearing on his arms and legs? It looks like padded mail, but then it wouldn't be metal or shiny. And it certainly doesn't look like chain, plate or brigadine. Sorry, I'm a bit of a stickler for armour portrayl in a visual medium. Especially for a norseman who traditionally wore hide, leather or a mixture of the two.

Ok, it's just a comic, I know. The geek will shut-up now. :roll:

Legerd
05-27-2007, 03:01 PM
What type of armour is Thor wearing on his arms and legs? It looks like padded mail, but then it wouldn't be metal or shiny. And it certainly doesn't look like chain, plate or brigadine. Sorry, I'm a bit of a stickler for armour portrayl in a visual medium. Especially for a norseman who traditionally wore hide, leather or a mixture of the two.

Maybe it's +2 leather armour with a glamour? :P

Hyperstorm
05-28-2007, 05:07 AM

Judging from other pictures of the armor it looks like it's supposed to be scale.

DaVeO
05-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Hmm, scale eh? I think some homework needs to be done.

Oh, Legerd. A D&D player, are we? :wink:

jay042
05-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Well, they are gods after all. So his armour might be some kind of magical cloth

Powersurge
05-28-2007, 06:29 PM
In the interview that discussed the new Thor series, it was said that they were going to be moving toward a more traditional Anglo-Nordic garb, a la the Riders of Rohan in LotR.

But that said, I don't have a clue what kinda armour Thor is wearing in that picture.

Beta Ray Daz
05-29-2007, 10:17 AM
i'll check with some knowledgeable sources guys..

Corvus
07-08-2007, 10:14 PM
So, what did everyone else think of Thor #1? I thought it was great.

If OF becomes ongoing, I think there's great potential for a Thor/OF cross over or guest appearances with the BRB-Thor connection.

Dfense75
07-08-2007, 11:29 PM
I say thee YAY!! sorry I couldnt help it :D Yeah i really like the first issue. The creative team was on the top of their game and Im very excited to see where this book goes. I also agree that a Omega/Thor crossover is not only inevitable...but will make for a great story.

Beta Ray Daz
08-27-2007, 10:01 PM
I was very impressed with the first two issues! Anyone else's thoughts?

Dfense75
08-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Yeah im really enjoying the series so far. I cant wait for issue #3 to see yet another Marvel hero whoop on Iron Man.

Flightpath07
10-01-2007, 03:08 AM
I agree, the first two issues were very compelling. It's been added to my pull list.
Thor rocks!

Beta Ray Daz
10-02-2007, 08:28 AM
*SPOILERS*

Twas good to see Shellhead get his arse kicked! It's what everyone's being waiting for and Thor didn't hestitate to deliver!

Thor had good right to be pissed off! "you took my genetic code, and without my permission, without my knowledge, used it to create an abomination"

I also loved- "If any mortal comes univited to Asgard on behalf of those who suppose themselves to be powers within the hour they will learn what true power is"
haha THOR is definately back.. and MIGHTIER than ever!!

Flightpath07
10-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Oooo...
Sounds cool. Can't wait to read it!
(Did I mention that Thor ROCKS!)?

Powersurge
10-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah, the first two issues rocked.

The first made me think of a poem I wrote back when I was a teen...

"I was lost, in a dark yawning void,
the taste of life bitter in my mouth,
dreams shattered at an age far too young.
I cried out, but no one answered.
For centuries I sat and withered,
waiting for a reply,
then, just as hope began to fade,
a low rumble of thunder echoed in the distance.
Far to the North lightning flashed,
revealing a realm of gods, heroes, and hope.
Soon, the lightning ceased,
the gleaming spires faded from view,
but ever did the thunder beckon me onward!
Always offering the strength to fight one last battle,
the will to take one more step.
Til I stood at the gates of the Golden Realm,
armed and gird, in gleaming mail,
and shining with the light of ancestral troth.

ANYWAY, I also liked issue 2. It was hard to watch IM get his arse kicked... yet again, but everyone knows he deserved in for messing with Thor's reputation.

I liked his stance on the entire SRA thing, the wolfish conflict that set "brother against brother"... which only served to reinforce the fact that, whatever my personal ideas on the SRA, I'm ultimately pro-Thor.

I would be so sweet to see Thor show up in the finale of WWH to give the Green Troll a proper spanking. We won't get to see that, but it would be the most epic of finales... 'specially if, oh, i dunno, someone wanted to kill the Hulk off at the end of it.

A guy can dream....

Flightpath07
10-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Powersurge!
Nice poem!
=D>

Blackpanther
03-25-2008, 08:02 PM
No way man!!!! The original Thor rocks!!! That armor kinda looks like jammies! :lol: