PDA

View Full Version : Oeming makes first trip to Canada!!!

Oeming
06-04-2007, 11:08 AM
I'll be at the Toronto con this weekend.
If you are part of this board, PLEASE tell me if we meet, and dont be shy!!!

Bring as many copies of flight for me to sign, I usually ask for a small donation to Heroes Fund to sign a pile, but just a buck or whatever.

Tonight, Im meeting up with Marvel editors for a little Omega Flight party, I'll post some pics!!

See you guys!!!
M!

Also, a side plug, just opened a site to order MICE TEMPLAR shirts!
http://www.cafepress.com/micetemplar

Ben
06-04-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm there...if you someone wants to fly me to Toronto, and run my restaurant and bar for me while I'm gone.

Ben

Transmetropolitan
06-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Now, if I can just get this teleporter to stop disintegrating stuff...

Mokole
06-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Hmmmm, a 2000+ km trip while I'm teaching 12 courses a day and coaching baseball and packing up my room as my school is closing forever this month, and my wife sees her doctor for an update on her pregnancy... if I can get my Physics kids to finish the Molecular re-Integrator instead of cleaning up after grad, I'm there! :lol:

Have fun all!

maniac mike
06-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Will we have any news about OF becoming a "ongoing" series, Mike?

MM [-o<

-K-M-
06-04-2007, 06:02 PM
I actually might be going, havn't decided yet

Barnacle13
06-04-2007, 06:20 PM
I actually might be going, havn't decided yet

KM,
You should go! Represent us all well, and send us autographed goodies! We'd love you forever! :D :P :!:

-K-M-
06-04-2007, 06:49 PM
I live in Barrie, so I would have to drive in..and oddly enough I have this weekend off from work? hmmm...

Canucklehead
06-04-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm there...if you someone wants to fly me to Toronto, and run my restaurant and bar for me while I'm gone.

Ben

Count on me Ben!

On a completely unrelated note... where do you keep the beer reserves? 8)

Legerd
06-04-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm going to see if I can take a day off work to go, but it may not be possible. :( It's a busy weekend for us.

syvalois
06-04-2007, 10:10 PM
I can't, it's the F1 week-end. :twisted: I hope to get invited to Guy Laliberté big party, (the Cirque du Soleil owner). Everyone will be there. Wonder what I will wear...hum... maybe Versace... :roll: :lol: :P

-K-M-
06-04-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm talking to my buddies to see if they want to drive to TO

Heck, tommorow I'm during the big 2-3...and yes I'm starting to feel old

Barnacle13
06-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Happy B-Day KM! If you're feeling old now, I'd hate to think how you'll feel when you're as old as Del and I. Keep fighting the good fight and I'm sure you'll as spry as a spring chicken!

varo
06-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Tonight, Im meeting up with Marvel editors for a little Omega Flight party, I'll post some pics!!

wait. ha?

hopefully that meeting consists of "should we relaunch at #1 or continue at #6"

wished i lived near canada. hope someone from the board can make it.

Mokole
06-05-2007, 06:42 PM

gosh, 23, seems like I know that number...Ron lancaster wore it, hmmm. 23.... I know I was 23 once....

Enjoy the day and the year!

SephirothsKiller
06-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Ooh, my godmother has an open invitation for me to fly to TO whenever I want. If only I had the time. Stupid 9-5 job, why can't cancer take a break for a weekend so I can get back to fighting it later?

On that note: If anybody wants to hold a Terry Fox event... Or put up a poster in their shop or bar... Or maybe donate some signed comics for the cause or something like that...

Canucklehead
06-05-2007, 10:20 PM

Be careful King. According to a reliable source, nobody likes you when you're 23. It's that weird age where you're too old to still act immature but too young to be taken seriously by anyone.

As a Gemini you enjoy mystery and supernatural stories as you delve and probe until you discover truths. Your lucky numbers are 5 & 9. If a priest ever randomly comes up to you and asks "Can I marry you?" without knowing whether or not you have a girlfriend: RUN.

-K-M-
06-05-2007, 11:34 PM
haha well I went to a few pubs tonight and let's just say we didn't make a great impression. Oh booze.

rplass
06-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Well I just got a nifty shiny card in the mail for the Big Apple Summer Sizzler Comic Book, Art, Toy & Sci-Fi Show (http://www.bigapplecon.com/art.htm) June 23-24 in NYC.

Featuring: one Michael Oeming!

Yay! I hope he will sign my comic books.

Love,
rplass

Le Messor
06-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Is that Toronto, Ontario; or Toronto, New South Wales? 'coz I maybe could make the second...

varo
06-10-2007, 07:07 AM
how come there is no news coming out of this convention?

Captain Primate
06-10-2007, 10:18 PM
how come there is no news coming out of this convention?

I agree - I haven't heard anything from the con at all.

Mokole
06-10-2007, 10:37 PM
I wonder why there hasn't been any news. Very odd to me. :?

Canucklehead
06-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Agreed. Wasn't it the TO Con last year that they annouced Omega? You'd think any news, ongoing or no, would be annouced here. Unless they are still undecided or don't want to reveal it til the mini is over.

PWalk
06-11-2007, 12:53 AM
Philly is where I'll more than likely be his coming weekend. Bendis is getting all of the hype but I could care less for him right now.

Corvus
06-11-2007, 04:23 PM
I wonder why there hasn't been any news. Very odd to me. :?

Hang-overs? I dunno.

DaVeO
06-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Probably because it wasn't the BIG ONE. That'll be end of August I believe. The Canadian National gets all the hype, even though the Paradise show get's more respect.

Legerd
06-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Probably because it wasn't the BIG ONE. That'll be end of August I believe. The Canadian National gets all the hype, even though the Paradise show get's more respect.

I think it would have more to do with the timing of the series. The last issue of the mini comes out in August, so it makes sense to hold an announcement then rather than halfway through.

DaVeO
06-13-2007, 11:44 AM
That makes sense as well.

Theta_Ray_Bill
06-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Hurrah, I already met him in Seattle. My Canadian military advancement past the southern border worked. Any day now Washington state will submit to the will of Canada! ... >.>... <.<... Please? :(

I'd love to fly out to Toronto to meet and greet again, but sadly, I'm sorta... In the Vancouver area, so getting there is sort of a... shall we politely say, female dog.

rplass
06-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Just got back from the Con... didn't see MAO. I wonder if he was there only on Saturday? I looked for him like, 10 times. Oh, well!

Anyway I did pick up some really cool Alpha Flight stuff, and I got 7 free Alpha Flight comics from filling out a survey, and I got a free poster for my nephew.

Love,
rplass