PDA

View Full Version : World War Hulk ROCKED!! *SPOILERS*

Dfense75
06-17-2007, 02:21 AM
Well that new Iron Man Hulk Buster armor worked pretty well BUHAHAHAHAHA!! But its ok. At least Tony can go fix it in Stark Tower BUHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh wait that got destroyed as well. Besides OWNING Iron Man. The vaunted Black Bolt fell before the Jade Giant as well. WWH issue #1 was AWESOME. If you want pure knock down, drag out, epic, and earth shaking action. Pick up World War Hulk #1. OMG did Hulk Smash.

Legerd
06-17-2007, 10:32 AM
I was considering picking this up for the collecting value, but I really want to see Stark get whumped! :twisted:

Powersurge
06-17-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm looking forward to the crossover; even though from the previews I've seen Hulk seems to have been made absurdly powerful. eg. unflinchingly taking a whisper from Black Bolt while saying he came to make the King of the Inhumans scream.

Personally, while I know I probably won't get it, I want to see the Hulk get trounced. I want to see the heroes of the Earth unite if necessary to either, 1) Cure him or 2) Send him away with his tale between his legs.

People shouldn't constantly have to pay, materially, physically, and emotionally/spiritually, for one man's well precedented inability to control himself.

As for those who prefer to see the U.S..A.'s Weapon Alpha, Iron Man, get 'is arse beat; I've read that he is going to be paid a visit by the newly "reborn"(?) Thor in one of the opening issues of the new Thor series. I doubt that a fight is a forgone conclusion, but you gotta know that the Almighty One is going to own Stark in one way or another.

Dfense75
06-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Yes Thor will be confronting Iron Man in Thor #3 later this summer. I dont think he will be to happy about his actions. Hulk has always been absurdly powerful. In the early 90's at one point he was seperated from Banner and was a mindless beast. The first wave against him was Hercules, Iron Man, Namor, and Wonderman. It was no contest. Hulk is a force of nature. There has never been proven to be a limit to his strength. The angrier he gets the stronger he gets. As Dr.Strange put it in WWH 1 The hulk has never been angrier. Why shouldnt he be. Not only did mister righteous himself sabotage the ship so that it would blow up. It killed 1,000,000 innocent people when it did including Hulk's wife and unborn child. It can be said that the death's where unintentional. That only Hulk was meant to die. But it can also be said that creating a bomb of that magnitude to go off anywhere with no knowledge of who could be hurt was irresponsible. Hulk has every right to seek revenge. Because again Iron Man and the ones who followed him created their own justice with no trial or due process. For someone that claims to be looking out for the best interests of mankind. He sure does make his own rules along the way. Alot like the very thing he claimed he was fighting against in Civil War. For Iron Man the ends justify the means.

Manikin
06-17-2007, 08:42 PM
It reminded me of AF dying off panel when Black Bolt was suddenly a mess in the next frame. It does upset me that Hulk won that fight off panel as I really fail to see how he could have won it without tricks of some sort. And what about the royal guard of the Inhumans, Karnak? Gorgon? Where the heck were they to protect their King?

Still a cool bit to watch though. I like the battle between Ironman and Hulk, though I doubt Stark was really in that Hulk-killer suit. I would only bet that it is a ploy to get the Hulk less angry after thinking that he has skilled Tony, thats when the rest of the team waiting in the wings, including Sentry and Reed Richards, will pounce.

Just my opinion, still a good read :)

Dfense75
06-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Yeah the thought crossed my mind that Tony might not be in the suit. As far as the Black Bolt. I was looking foward to it as well. Dont think he is dead. But...If you look closely in the panel when Hulk is going back into his ship after showing Black Bolts body. In the middle panel of the page it looks like a black dot falling from the ship...Black Bolts body? Maybe. Also we are probably gonna see the actual fight in Hulk #107. Like Civil War WWH is gonna be the main stuff with the rest in the supporting stories.

Powersurge
06-18-2007, 02:09 AM
Yes Thor will be confronting Iron Man in Thor #3 later this summer. I dont think he will be to happy about his actions. Hulk has always been absurdly powerful. In the early 90's at one point he was seperated from Banner and was a mindless beast. The first wave against him was Hercules, Iron Man, Namor, and Wonderman. It was no contest. Hulk is a force of nature. There has never been proven to be a limit to his strength. The angrier he gets the stronger he gets. As Dr.Strange put it in WWH 1 The hulk has never been angrier. Why shouldnt he be. Not only did mister righteous himself sabotage the ship so that it would blow up. It killed 1,000,000 innocent people when it did including Hulk's wife and unborn child. It can be said that the death's where unintentional. That only Hulk was meant to die. But it can also be said that creating a bomb of that magnitude to go off anywhere with no knowledge of who could be hurt was irresponsible. Hulk has every right to seek revenge. Because again Iron Man and the ones who followed him created their own justice with no trial or due process. For someone that claims to be looking out for the best interests of mankind. He sure does make his own rules along the way. Alot like the very thing he claimed he was fighting against in Civil War. For Iron Man the ends justify the means.

There's no questioning anyone's rights. Sure, the Hulk has a "right" to seek revenge, just as humanity has a right to defend itself... even without trial or due process. Hulk fans are often fond of justifying his rampages by saying that he is a "force of nature", well then, fine, so is a wolf or a rabid dog. Bang!!!

And, yeah, I've been reading comics for a couple of decades now, so when I say that the Hulk seems absurdly powerful in WWH, I mean exactly that.

Anyway, here's to enjoying all of the smashing, bashing, and rampaging that WWH promises!! Weeeeee!!!

Dfense75
06-18-2007, 09:42 AM
By no means am I justiftying Hulk's previous actions. Just his revenge. Ill have to find the issue but there is an interesting point about his previous rampages. Amadaeous Cho better known as Mastermind Excello had a debate with Reed Richards recently about this very topic. Reed made the point that Hulk has been a menace to the world because of all the destruction he has caused. Mastermind Excello (who is a great up and coming character and will have a pivotal role in WWH) Pointed out exact reasons why Hulk had gone on paticular rampages in the past. From him being controlled or out right provoked and forced into battle. He disected each instance to Reed. At the end of the debate Reed had admitted his lack of knowledge about these instances. By and large Hulk has always just wanted to be left alone. Yes he has caused alot of pain. But has been a hero just as many times.

Barnacle13
06-18-2007, 11:25 AM

Seems to me Tony should be wearing an awfully prickly Penance suit after this! It's only fair!

SephirothsKiller
06-18-2007, 11:59 AM
It reminded me of AF dying off panel when Black Bolt was suddenly a mess in the next frame. I

Agreed, I was like "wtf?" when I saw that.. Despite the fact that Hulk wanted a scream, the whisper DID blow him back quite far so... Yah. The scream should have annhilated him if he did give it. A normal voice should have sent him off the moon.

PWalk
06-19-2007, 06:36 PM
One of the best books I read in the last year. It was everything I wanted to see in the first issue.

Here's a question we've been debating here in the office...
Hulk's child would have come out half human because essentially it's Banner's DNA. But would the child have also had the ability to turn into the hulk?

Powersurge
06-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Seems to me Tony should be wearing an awfully prickly Penance suit after this! It's only fair!

I'd say that you definitely have a "point" there!

DaVeO
06-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Well, it was certainly entertaining. I did want to see more Hulk vs Black Bolt, (maybe in Incredible Hulk?) but it was still fun. The four Illuminati must answer for the genocide they inadvertantly caused.

Powersurge
06-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Here's a question we've been debating here in the office...
Hulk's child would have come out half human because essentially it's Banner's DNA. But would the child have also had the ability to turn into the hulk?

Well, thanks to the Celestials humanity has the potential for "infinite" evolution, with the potential for taking the "next step", presumably, being more imminent in some people than others. Afterall, does everyone exposed to gamma rays or cosmic rays or radiation gain superpowers? Is everyone a mutant? No.

So, the potential for, ahem, "benign" mutation is more imminent in some humans than others. Banner is clearly one of those "on the cusp" of the next step, so to speak. It's part of his genetic make-up; tough he is differentiate from a mutant for the fact that is mutation required a catalyst... gamma radiation in his case.

I would thus think that it is enterly likely that Banner would pass his genetic potential along to any offspring, meaning that they would either be susceptiable (to some degree, relative to the mothers genetic influence) to benign mutation given the right catalyst, or perhaps even be a mutant.

I guess the big question would be how irradiated with gamma rays Banner is? Would it be passed during, errr, intercourse and be part of what fertilized the mother's egg?

All-in-all, unless the mother's dna had somekind of counteractive influence on Banner's, I'd expect something "unique" from his offspring. Whether or not said offspring's "uniqueness" would manifest exactly as his fathers did is, on the otherhand, open to question.

Anyway, I don't think that any world is ready for a little *Hulk* going through the terrible twos or puberty.

SephirothsKiller
06-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Well, thanks to the Celestials humanity has the potential for "infinite" evolution, with the potential for taking the "next step", presumably, being more imminent in some people than others. Afterall, does everyone exposed to gamma rays or cosmic rays or radiation gain superpowers? Is everyone a mutant? No.

Ugh... I can't stand the Celestials. I find the very idea of them contradictory to the numerous Gods in the MU, and the several people who have talked about the beginning of the world in non-"it was created by celestials" terms.

Powersurge
06-20-2007, 08:06 PM
I finally read the opening volley of the WWH crossover today; as opposed to just the prologue and previews. I think that I'm going to like it, despite the Hulk's absurd level of power.

I don't like that kid who manipulated Herc by having the SHIELD guys open fire on him, et al. And between that, and having read many a comic, I can't say I would trust the brats word all that far regarding the Hulk's innocence.

I actually liked Namor, and appreciate his grasp of the situation.

I also liked IM, despite my usual apathy/dislike of him. I apprecaite him owning up to his mistakes, taking rtesponsibility for his decision, and his willingness to sacrifice himself in order to, hopefully, lessen the Hulk's anger.

And while I appreciate the Hulk's outrage, I draw the line when he starts threatening all of the Earth.

kozzi24
06-23-2007, 11:03 AM
I too was disappointed in the LACK of a Hulk/Black Bolt confrontation. We should have seen the Hulk teear through the Inhumans.

This lack of SHOWING battles extends beyond this and the AF death. Hero vs hero SELLS, so I think Marvel editorial has been dropping the ball in the last couple years. POST Civil War, we should be seeing many such fights. The post CW issues of Iron Man were kind of boring. Why such a distant tale, when Iron Man could be facing other heroes in high profile battles...a Cloak & Dagger fight would have been great characterization, considering the self-revelation aspects of their powers. By that score I thought the best CW crossover was Black Panther. There should have been more issues that tied into #7 that showed details of the big fight. They certainly had enough time to plan such "extra" issues.

Instead of seeing a Black Bolt and Inhumans fight, we see the same Hulk/Iron Man fight in two different issues. It left me disappointed.

firestar
06-28-2007, 10:10 AM
just a question...
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3052/frontline1ft9.jpg
it's from hulk frontline 1... the blonde from atlantis, who called Namor "cousin"... who's she?

Manikin
06-28-2007, 07:14 PM
it's from hulk frontline 1... the blonde from atlantis, who called Namor "cousin"... who's she?
She is Namora, old school...
http://www.marveldatabase.com/Namora_%28Earth-616%29