PDA

View Full Version : Inane Subject of the Week. #1

DelBubs
06-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Now I'm not sure where I read it, but I believe that the Hulk has a mega pair of lungs and he can breathe under water for a very long time. How? Heay have a big pair of lungs etc, but he has to provide oxygen to a vast body with powerful muscles. Surely his lungs would work like normal, having the capacity only to supply the body. I'm sure there's some perfectly good scientific theory which highlights what a complete load of bolloxs I'm talking, but I'm curious, as this seems like an anomaly to me.

Manikin
06-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Midicloreins?

DelBubs
06-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Oh, so you had to go and make me have a quick google. Midiclorins (http://blogs.starwars.com/dpov/4), prolly not :? :)

Mokole
06-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Maybe his radiation absorption abilities give him an edge, he can use the energy and store it in ATP and thus doesn't need to have oxygen available as the final electron receptor in cellular respiration. Then, he don't need to eat either, right?

Dfense75
06-20-2007, 10:24 PM
He cant actually breathe under water. He can just hold his breath for a very very long time.

leonmallett
06-21-2007, 06:43 AM
He cant actually breathe under water. He can just hold his breath for a very very long time.

In an early Avengers he is underwater for hours or possibly days, holding his breath (Stan Lee is not the greatest teller of stories the world has seen...). If we can accept the mass addition and loss with the transformations, the lack of parity between musculature and lifting ability, the pants staying on when shrinking from Hulk size down to Banner size and so on, then surely the lungs issue isn't really a great stretch...

kozzi24
06-23-2007, 10:48 AM
His irradiated blood must be better at storing the oxygen in his blood stream, because, as said, he can't breathe underwater, just hold his breath for a very long time.