PDA

View Full Version : AF #29A - "RETCON 1" with apologies to Bill Mantlo

Garry/Al-Fan
06-22-2007, 12:42 PM
FULL-PAGE SPLASH: Hulk coming out of the Crossroads and slamming his fist into Box.

CAPTION (top): Vancouver, British Columbia...Canada!

Box's word balloon: "Wait! That's not Dr. Langkowski!"

Puck's word balloon: "It's---The Hulk!"

Hulk's word balloon: "Hulk smash metal man...for bringing Hulk here!"

CAPTION (bottom): The massive laboratory of Roger Bochs.

PAGE 2

Panel 1: Box's left fist hitting Hulk.

CAPTION: Instinctively, Box lashes out with his good arm, reacting reflexively...as if the spirit of Walter Langkowski still resided within!

Box's thought balloon: "Can't let The Hulk...wreck my lab!"

Panel 2: Close-up of distraught Heather.

Heather's word balloon: "Oh my---Walter! ROGER!"

Panel 3: Close-up of determined Puck.

Puck's word balloon: "Don't worry, Heather. I'll help Box."

Puck's thought balloon: " 'though goin' up against the Hulk ain't high on my list of things ta do."

Panel 4: Close-up of concerned Madison Jeffries.

Jeffries' word balloon: "Bochs, keep up the attack! Bochs! What's wrong with you?"

Panel 5: Close-up of Northstar.

Northstar's word balloon: "Box is seizing up...the damage done must be affecting him!"

Panel 6: Close-up of shocked Aurora.

Aurora's word balloon: "Please, someone---tell me what 'as 'appened? Is that...my cher Walter?"

Panel 6: Multi-image of Puck leaping into Hulk.

Puck's word balloon: "No, Aurora, that ain't Walt. And until proven otherwise...I'd have to say our big oaf...is dead!"

Hulk's word balloon: "Little man...leaping at Hulk?"

Panel 7: Hulk's fist narrowly missing a leaping Puck.

Hulk's word balloon: "Bah! Stand still, little man! Stand still...so Hulk can swat you!"

Puck's word balloon: "Sorry, Hulk, but I prefer to play this game...my way!"

Page 3

Panel 1: Close-up of Heather talking to depressed Shaman.

Heather's word balloon: "Michael, Box is down...the twins aren't reacting...and Puck doesn't stand a chance, alone! Michael!"

Shaman's word balloon: "I hear you, Heather, but---"

Panel 2: Close-up of Shaman.

Shaman's word balloon: "---what do you think I can do?"

Panel 3: Close-up of peeved Heather.

Heather's word balloon: "I think you can get yourself together---and help your teammates!"

Panel 4: Hulk tagging Puck, sending him flying; Shaman instinctively pushing Heather out of the way.

Hulk's word balloon: "Hah! Got you at last, little man!"

Puck's word balloon: " yeeowch! "

Shaman's word balloon: "Look out!"

Heather's word balloon: "The team needs you, Michael...you're the only one left!"

Panel 5: Northstar speeding up to enter the fray.

Northstar's word balloon: "Do not count me or my sister out, just yet...for we can act...in the blink of an eye!"

Panel 6: Northstar multi-punching Hulk.

Panel 7: Close-up of pleased Aurora.

Aurora's word balloon: "Frere! You are staggering the green monster! And if you can do that, alone...just think of what we can do when we combine our powers!"

Panel 8: Aurora, glowing, reaching out to Northstar.

Northstar's word balloon: "Oui. Oui! Let's do it, sister...like in the old days..."

Aurora's word balloon: "...when we were partners! Shield your eyes, mes amis!"

Page 4

Panel 1: Close-up of surprised Aurora.

Aurora's word balloon: "Oh!"

Panel 2: Close-up of equally-surprised Northstar.

Northstar's word balloon: "Aurora!"

Panel 3: Twins falling to the ground, hard.

Northstar's word balloon: "What have you done to us?"*

* words of Bill Mantlo.

Panel 4: Background - Hulk rubbing his eyes; Foreground - Shaman looking quizzically at Heather.

Shaman's word balloon: "What's wrong with them?"

Panel 5: Stern Heather.

Heather's word balloon: "Instant recap: the twins aren't twins in superpowers, anymore."

Heather's word balloon: "Look, are you in this fight or not? Alpha Flight needs your power...the power of Shaman!"

Panel 6: Apathetic Shaman.

Shaman's word balloon: "But my power is founded on my faith that I am worthy to wield the magic of my ancestors! Without faith...I have no more power than you.* Still, my friends are in trouble..."

* words of Bill Mantlo.

Panel 7: Shaman reaching into his medicine bag.

CAPTION (top): Michael Twoyoungmen reaches into his medicine pouch...

CAPTION (bottom): ...careful even in his despair not to look into it...

Panel 8: Shaman's hand emerging empty.

CAPTION (top): ...but the hand that seeks power to help Alpha Flight against the Hulk...*

* words of Bill Mantlo.

CAPTION (bottom): ....emerges---empty!"

Panel 9: Crouched over Box, Jeffries starting to fuse the nearly-ripped off robotic arm.

Jeffries' word balloon: "Geez, Bochs! Things are fallin' apart all around us! Looks like it's up to you an' me!"

Box's word balloon: "I...I can't! I told you! The Hulk smashed me up, good! I'll never be whole again! Never!"

Panel 10: Close-up of stunned Box.

Jeffies' word balloon (from off-panel): "Stop whinin', 'cause now ain't the time for it! I'm here...and as long as I am, I can repair whatever damage has been done!* But when I'm through, you need to get back out there...if yer man enough!"

* words of Bill Mantlo.

cmdrkoenig67
06-23-2007, 02:13 AM
I don't understand what you're trying to say here, Garry.

Dana :?

Garry/Al-Fan
06-25-2007, 11:27 AM
...I thought it would be better to try to fix the problem, since it has been my contention that Alpha Flight went way off-track starting with # 29.

This story would incorporate elements of the Hulk/Alpha Flight fight, but would soon focus on a different series of events. It wouldn't prohibit the possibility of a RETCON 2, for someone who wanted to go in a different direction, since the Crossroads fits in with all the time-traveling stuff.