PDA

View Full Version : New Warriors #2

SmurfInABlender
07-06-2007, 04:32 PM
If you are not reading this it is probably some of the best writing on the shel;f today. This is such an interesting story in the making. I love the idea of not only a team of heroes.. but alot of them ebing ex-mutants finding ways to still fight! I love it! This is seriously an amazing issue, its picking up and catching my interest, if only it was a weekly series! that is how good it is!

SPOILERS

Jubilee is on the team.. just made me like this team even more

leonmallett
07-07-2007, 11:27 AM
The only problem I have with the series so far, is that it is slow to explain itself, and ther appears a large cast to be introduced to, with only a few issues left in which to do it.

Beside that though, good stuff.

SmurfInABlender
07-08-2007, 01:13 AM
a few issues? why only a few issues? it is an ongoing

leonmallett
07-08-2007, 08:35 AM
I thought this had been stated a mini like OF. My mistake. Nonetheless, a team that takes too long together will struggle to establish itself in some ways, as the formation of the team becomes the story and not the purpose fuelling the stories.

DelBubs
07-08-2007, 10:16 AM
I thought tjis had been stated a mini like OF. My mistake. Nonethelss, a team that takes too long together will struggle to establish tselfin some ways, as the formation of the team becomes the story and not the purpose fuelling the stories.

Good point, the formation of the team seems to be the focal point. They did this in the first series, but there seemed to be tighter writing there, FabNic kept interest going by concentrating on the conflicting personalities. Not really seeing this yet in the latest vol. Although it is way better than vol 2 and 3... Sounds like AF :lol:

SmurfInABlender
07-08-2007, 03:21 PM
well, I don't knwo I mean from what it soudns like in New Warriors the conflict is this may very well be the team to overthrow the SHRA. I just feel liek these guys are goign to be a big deal in the time to come. I think the first issue lacked a tad with what was goign on and after words i wasn't too sure but i liekd the idea. But this issue I think was really strong in peeking my intrest. For nayone who hates the SHRA I think this is great because it shows strength in fighting off the act. Plus heck it puts some de-mutantised X-men back in the swing of things. I see this as being the counter culture.