PDA

View Full Version : What Did You Get This Week ? (Minor Spoilers ?)

DelBubs
07-14-2007, 09:47 AM
This week I picked up

Omega Flight #4 : Talked about elsewhere.

Nova #4 : Don't look good for Rich at the end there.

New Warriors #2 : Jubilee, what they done to ya, you gone all Trenchcoat Mafia on us :-).

Armoury Wars #1&2 (http://merchnow.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=m&Product_Code=AMORVOL001-CB00&Category_Code=CC&Product_Count=0): Not read them yet, but my daughter was well impressed, but then she listens to 'Coheed & Cambria' all the time so there could be bias.

Loners #4 : I hope the end of the limited isn't the last we see of 'The Loners', they have a lot of potential.

Annihilation Wraith #1 : Just enjoying the whole Annihilation story immensely and this fits in well.

Sin City 'The Big Fat Kill' #1-5 : Been promising myself I'd start picking these up since the Film came out and Bubs grabbed them while my back was turned.
[/url]

Adam
07-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Omega Flight #4: Of course.

New Avengers #32: I still like this series and I think post CW it's finally got some direction. Plus I like Yu (even though something about this arc's art has seemed really dark and muddy to me).

B.P.R.D Garden Of Souls #5: The BPRD miniseries (which all go 5 or 6 issues then the next one starts the next month) taken together beat most ongoings in my opinion. I absolutely love the Mignola / Arcudi / Davis team.

Green Lantern #21: I hop in and out of DC for event stories I find interesting. I did 52 and I liked it, but I'm not doing Countdown. The Sinestro Corps special was fun and this arc is the next part in that story. If this balloons to anything more than a handful of issues I'm probably out.

firestar
07-14-2007, 12:31 PM
well, this week I took some interesting stuffs... thangs God I work, or, well, I could say "bye bye" to comics.. but let's focus onthe topic...
New Warriors #2 Never been a Warriors fan, but forever a mutant fan, and this title is going to be a "almost all mutant" title. Welcome back Jube, i missed you so much!
New Avengers #32First: yu. it was the artist i first "met" when i started to red x-men titles years ago, so I've a certain feeling for him... second: wherever clint barton is, there's my heart, too. third: can't wait to see logan say " I can be a skrull, me too, because I'm everyone at the same time". I thinl it's the second time someone noticed it in few years. I remember Kurt sayd someting like that years ago to Bishop on Uncanny, right after the Fury almost killed them...
x-factor #21 boring issue. don't like it. just two interesting things...
Omega Flight #4 I thought i was going to hate Guardian, but... I'm in love with this character! the writer did a great work!
Green Lantern #21 a friend gave me Sinestro corps weeks ago. it's the first issue i buy myself, and i like it very much... amazing story!
[/i]Countdown #42

SmurfInABlender
07-14-2007, 01:56 PM
New Warrior #2: Loved it! (I'm a huge Jubilee fan)

Omega Flight #4: Loved it!

X-Factor #21: Boring, I'm following the X-men Endagered species and h avn't really read any X-men titles so i'm gettign my first look, and so far of the three i've read only Uncanny X-men is worth possibly pickign up after this event is over.

Green Lantern #21: I'm a huge green lantern fan, always have been, and this is what I was looking for, this is the glory of it all..This Sinestro Corps series has been really good and exciting in my opinion.

Star Wars Rebellion #8: This was for a friend of mine, he wants to start readign the star wars comics and was at work so I picked him up one when I went, I read it and it wasn't anything to special, I won't pick up another, i'll let him

Dfense75
07-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Omega Flight #4 Rocked of course

New Avengers #32 Love this book

Sub-Mariner #2 Really good so far. Was also nice to see him Whoop Tony's ass again.

Le Messor
07-14-2007, 10:47 PM
New Warriors #2 Never been a Warriors fan,

Wait... your screen name is Firestar and you've never been a New Warriors fan?

This week? I bought Omega #4 and that only. It's my off-week, I wouldn't have bought anything, but, hey, Omega.
The only reason I was even in a comic store is... Actually, I'm thinking of starting a new thread about that.

Last week? I hadn't picked up all month, and I suddenly had a lot of money. I picked up a lot. Including the Absolute Kingdom Come, excellent.

- Le Messor
"Even if you’re certain that you are included in the will, it is still considered tacky to drive a U-Haul to the funeral home."
- Top Tips

Dfense75
07-14-2007, 11:28 PM
My girl got me Absolute Kingdome Come for X-mas. OMG do I love that story. The first time I read it I was in a Barnes and Noble. I just happened to grab it off the shelf because a friend recommended it. I sat in the cafe and read it front to back. Couldnt put it down. Kingdom Come is in my top 5 favorite comic stories of all time.

rplass
07-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Just OF#4 for me (see other random previous post about a flat tire). I only buy Alpha Flight related comics, and BSG75 comics.

Love,
rplass

firestar
07-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Well, the story is that... I've got a brother, 10 years younger than me (almost). so, when hewas the age to go to kindergarden, when he was at home, I was the right age to baby.sit him. at the time, we had just one tv, and he looked just two things : the VHS "THE MASK" (i mean, the movie), something like 4 or 5 por day (he know every word!!) and the cartoon "SPIDERMAN AND HIS MAZING FRIEND" it was the very first time I met Bobby and Angelica. the fact is, it arrived in Italy only on the second half of the 90's...And, here in Italy, the warriors (as the thunderbolts) never had too luck. you see, here the only serie with her and justice was !Avengers..."

New Warriors #2 Never been a Warriors fan,

Wait... your screen name is Firestar and you've never been a New Warriors fan?

Le Messor
07-22-2007, 12:22 AM
the cartoon "SPIDERMAN AND HIS MAZING FRIEND" it was the very first time I met Bobby and Angelica.

Actually, that was the first time everybody met Angelica. She was on that show before she was in the comics.

- Le Messor
"Every absurdity has a champion to defend it."

DaVeO
08-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Week of Aug 8th

Wow, first time ever it was all Marvel.
Omega Flight
New Excalibur
Exiles

Beta Ray Daz
08-24-2007, 01:55 AM
Thursday August 23rd-
OF #4&5
Thor #1&2
Thunderbolts #116 & one-shot
Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born #7

firestar
10-29-2007, 02:14 PM
this week i took:
marvel comics presents 1 &2
green alntern corps (not too batiful, i just took it because i'm readiung sinestro war)
x-men 204
die by the sword 2

cmdrkoenig67
10-31-2007, 12:31 AM
My comics buying has dropped to about one book...

Last week I purchased the Marvel Universe Handbook Update (Apparently, the last issue). I plan on buying the Doom Patrol/Flash issue of Brave and the Bold in November.

rplass
10-28-2008, 01:17 AM
I wish this thread hadn't died out... it was interesting!
Bump!

This week
New Exiles #13 - an amazing cover lured me in, and I wasn't disappointed. Wonderful art, especially the underwater scene.

Quasar #50 - a brief Alpha Flight appearance, couldn't pass it up for $1.12, as well as 11 other back issues for $1.12 on sale at the LCS.

Love,
rplass

Powersurge
11-17-2008, 06:40 PM
I picked up the Avengers/Invaders mini-series last weekend, and am enjoying ti enough to put the rest of the series on my "to get" list. In fact, it comprised the entirety of my "to get" list.

It's interesting to see the Invaders, and especiallly, 1950's Cap, brought into the postCW timeline. 'Specailly the interaction between Stark and Cap.

I also grabbed the Byrne issue of FF in which Gladiator makes his first appearance out of the .99 cent bin. Love that comic.