PDA

View Full Version : Buying Back Issues Just Got Easier...

Le Messor
07-15-2007, 02:01 AM
Canberra has long had a dearth of back issue stores. Oh, we have three comic shops; but one of them (Dee's) hasn't stocked back issues for years. Impact got sold a couple of years ago, then re-opened with no old stock; all its back issues are from after that time. (It was also a CD shop, and that's the part that got sold.) House of Heroes is only a couple of years old, and is in a similar sitch.

... Dee's is going to be opening up a new back issue shop soon. They'll have a lot of old stuff, some obscure. There's stuff in there I've been looking for.
It's not open to the public yet. It's not nearly ready; right now, they've hired some guy to sort out their Marvel back issues, and then they'll do DC.
Did I say 'some guy'? I meant 'me'. :D

It's gonna be soooo cool!

- Le Messor
"Even the truth is a lie with her."
- Basic Instinct 2

Legerd
07-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Nice job if you can get it... oh wait you did. Congrats man! :D

DelBubs
07-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Yea congrats! :evil: . Best job in the world goes to a Skrull residing in Australia, while I put up with East London youths winding me up. Congrats again Mik (Do I sound bitter ? )

Dfense75
07-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Grats bro! Thats a nice hook up. I used to volunteer at my LCS on Wednesdays and help them with the new books. They gave me a discount nothing more. But it was a blast and I looked foward to it every week. So now that your working in the industry Le Messor. Got any inside info? Like maybe if that fantastic book Omega Flight is gonna be an ongoing? :wink: :wink: nudge nudge.

Legerd
07-15-2007, 11:23 AM
So now that your working in the industry Le Messor. Got any inside info? Like maybe if that fantastic book Omega Flight is gonna be an ongoing? :wink: :wink: nudge nudge.

Yeah, can you talk to one of your Skrull brothers at Marvel and get the inside scoop for us?

Le Messor
07-17-2007, 08:26 AM
They don't tell us who the other agents are, in case one of us gets captured. Why else do you think I don't know Tony Stark is a skrull?

Thanks for the 'grats, guys. Del, I've paid my dues by now. So don't be too bitter. :?

- Le Messor
"Even though I was their captive, the Indians allowed me quite a bit of freedom. I could walk freely, make my own meals, and even hurl large rocks at their heads. It was only later that I discovered that they were not Indians at all but only dirty-clothes hampers."
- Jack Handey

DelBubs
07-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the 'grats, guys. Del, I've paid my dues by now. So don't be too bitter. :?
What ? Time after time ? :shock:

Le Messor
07-21-2007, 11:52 PM
What ? Time after time ? :shock:

I've done my sentence...
but committed no crime.

Legerd
07-22-2007, 10:11 AM
I've done my sentence...
but committed no crime.

And bad mistakes...?

HappyCanuck
07-22-2007, 07:58 PM
I've done my sentence...
but committed no crime.

And bad mistakes...?

I've made a few...

DelBubs
07-28-2007, 12:03 PM
I've done my sentence...
but committed no crime.

And bad mistakes...?

I've made a few...

I've had my share of sand kicked in my face...

Le Messor
07-28-2007, 10:07 PM
I've done my sentence...
but committed no crime.

And bad mistakes...?

I've made a few...

I've had my share of sand kicked in my face...

But I've come through...

Legerd
07-28-2007, 11:56 PM
We are the Champions... wait, I meant Alpha Flight! At the very least the Defenders. Ah, forget it.

HappyCanuck
07-29-2007, 01:02 AM
LMAO, was wondering who'd be the one to end the song :P

(at least it's a good song)

Le Messor
08-05-2007, 01:08 AM
One of the advantages is I can do things like put a couple of copies of 'Sabretooth: Open Season' in the Alpha Flight section.

- Le Messor
"Every creature has within him the wild, uncontrollable urge to PUNT."