PDA

View Full Version : The Order? Winner or Loser?

SmurfInABlender
07-17-2007, 04:20 PM
I have seen ALOT of promotion about this new Marvel title called "the order" which is based on the initiative and the crown jewel of tony starks government super hero idea.. so I was curious as to what you guys are expecting from this or if you think it will acomplish anythign or looks like a dud

let the conversation begin

mreeez
07-17-2007, 05:01 PM
This was supposed to be the Champions re-launch but the name was changed due to the RPG of the same name.

I put it on my pull list so I'll give it a chance.

SmurfInABlender
07-17-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't know, i'm buying alot now a days with the Green Lantern cross promotional story and X-men: Endangered Species (Which has been pretty disapointing thus far) so i dunno, plus it looks like another version of "Avenegers: Initiative" which is jsut a bunch of kids beign trained in their powers.

Mokole
07-17-2007, 07:36 PM
It looks and sounds bad as Avengers: initiative. My 'local' comic store has had people drop Initiative and they said they had lower orders for Order too. DC comics like Flash and Green Lantern have gone up, they have more orders for Omega Flight (fancy that), plus X-Men. But most other Marvel titles, DT says, are seeing drops in orders.

SmurfInABlender
07-17-2007, 08:51 PM
cause Iron man is a tool end of story

rplass
07-17-2007, 10:36 PM
I've been looking for a new title to pick up for a while, but I've been waiting for a #1 issue to get started. Maybe this will be the one.

The kids on the team, are they all brand new characters or were they dredged from the bottom of the OHOTMU reject team?

Does anyone know?

Love,
rplass

SmurfInABlender
07-18-2007, 03:30 AM
I believe they are all new characters

Legerd
07-18-2007, 08:05 AM
I checked out the characters at newsarama, and they all seem pretty bland. Not to mention, even if you like the characters you know they're going to be gone from the title sooner or later, since they only serve for a year. What's with that? After all, what happens with them once they're let go from the team? Do they go and serve on another team as per the law? Are they forcibly retired from any duty? How many superheroes does California have if they can mandatorily retire them after a year? (Hull House anyone?) At first sight this idea doesn't seem well thought out. :roll:

I guess it's a, "wait and see".

SmurfInABlender
07-18-2007, 10:25 AM
not to mention that by the time they are propperly trained with experience they are forcibly retired...

DaVeO
07-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah, but how long is a year in "Marvel Time." It could be twenty issues in which case your bound to see members come or go anyways. I'm going to grab issue #1 before I decide. I like Kitson's style and some of the upcoming storylines seem kind of cool in an off-beat sort of way.

Legerd
07-19-2007, 12:39 AM
Yeah, but how long is a year in "Marvel Time." It could be twenty issues in which case your bound to see members come or go anyways. I'm going to grab issue #1 before I decide. I like Kitson's style and some of the upcoming storylines seem kind of cool in an off-beat sort of way.

True, but "Marvel's Marvelous Sliding Time Scale" aside the actual logic of SHIELD only having agents operate for one year on this team isn't there. Why this team and not every team? Why only a year? This just strains the suspension of disbelief for me is what I'm trying to say.
It could end up being a good book, which is why I'm taking a wait and see attitude.

rplass
07-19-2007, 01:05 AM
Right, and maybe after they get officially disbanded by their official government sanctioning body, they can take a page from Mac's book and reassemble the team as a quasi-governmental affiliate using the same name...

Love,
rplass

SephirothsKiller
07-19-2007, 07:31 PM
I hated it. That is all.

SmurfInABlender
07-19-2007, 08:11 PM
good to hear, means I did a good move by not buying it

Legerd
07-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Right, and maybe after they get officially disbanded by their official government sanctioning body, they can take a page from Mac's book and reassemble the team as a quasi-governmental affiliate using the same name...

...And then get killed.

rplass
07-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Spoiler space

... dum de dum....

So it appears that the members don't get kicked off the team after 1 year arbitrarily. Their designer powers come from an artificial enhancement whose effects only last 1 year, so that's why they have to leave. That's like, SO L.A.

The 1st issue was very introductionny, so most of the members didn't have much to say. I still think Mulholland Black is a Zuzha clone, well, at least in her looks. Her powers are supposed to be that she wields a giant glowing blue hammer and she has a "Psycho-kinetic connection with L.A. itself," a relatively scary thought for denizens of either coast. Not too bad looking on her skin-tight training costume either :shock: but nowhere near as gagagaga GAGAGA :lol: as Veda's costume.

Also they have LOTS OF PANELS PER PAGE and it took me more than 30 seconds to read. Good. One page has an unbelievable 9 panels with over 13 speech bubbles. It's not too talky, though.

I'm looking forward to issue#2 when they finally do something. Ok so they assembled the team and gave a quick background in 1 tightly packed issue, nice job.

Love,
rplass

varo
07-20-2007, 11:45 PM
i really didn't like this series all this much. i try my best to support new series (new warriors, iron fist, moon knight.....) but this one confused me more than interested me.

i'll catch the next couple, as i always try to do for other fans what i'm always begging other fans to do for us.

SephirothsKiller
07-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Her powers are supposed to be that she wields a giant glowing blue hammer and she has a "Psycho-kinetic connection with L.A. itself," a relatively scary thought for denizens of either coast.

Apparently in the MU American's don't even have a right to the privacy of their own minds.

HappyCanuck
07-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Apparently in the MU American's don't even have a right to the privacy of their own minds.

Dunno, sounds quite American to me...

Beta Ray Daz
08-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Haven't checked it out, my local said it was pretty good but I couldn't be bothered + can't afford to get into any more new titles.. sounds like I didn't miss anything

kozzi24
09-01-2007, 12:45 PM
The first issue was OK, but with the marketplace so crowded, I had to be wow'd, especially for a book with new characters.
I gave it to Issue #2 because I like the Soviet Super Soldiers, and feel ripped off that the adversaries for the issue were'nt Vanguard & Ursa, et al.