PDA

View Full Version : What Did you get this week? (July 25th)

SmurfInABlender
07-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Wow some amazing stuff this week:

X-men #201: The Endangered species series has really disapointed me so far, but this issue changed everything! The issue it self was amazing and action packed, I loved it! and the Endangered species part at the end was really impactful aswell. Great issue (Four Stars)

Green Lantern Corps #14: If you arn't reading the Sinestro Corps war you are an idiot.. strait up. It is soem of the best stuff out there right now, and i'm not just sayign that because I'm a huge green lantern fan. (Four and a Half stars)

Immortal Iron Fist #7: Wow, I mean this was the one I was lookign most forward to, I love Iron Fist and to get entire issue devoted to Wu Ao-Shi...wow...let me just say this is quickly becommign my favorite comic series (the work in here is just phenominal, yes even better than omega flight) WOW (Five Stars plus a thumbs up!)

an AMAZING WEEK!

(I dropped mighty avengers this month.. it wasn't doign much for me so I dropped it from my list of comics I buy, I am curiouse to fidn otu if any of you liked the issue)

cmdrkoenig67
07-28-2007, 05:27 AM
Uh...Let's see...I picked up the Marvel Handbook, the latest Buffy The Vampire Slayer (season 8) and Anihilation: Conquest - Star Lord #1 (because of Bug from the Micronauts, although I have no idea how he's even in this book...No good explanation is given)...Oh...And a Legion of Monsters: Morbius that was held for me from last week...Not much really.

Dana

DelBubs
07-28-2007, 11:58 AM
This week was the first time I've been for a couple of weeks so grabbed

Red Sonja #24 : Looking forward to #25 and the show down between Sonja and Kulan Gath (sp).

Wolverine #55 : Yea well the stories done so won't pick up Wolvie again until the next AF/OF connection.

Starlord #1 : Just cos it's part of Annihilation, which seems a better written event than WWHUlk.

Quasar #1 : See above

Sin City 'Booze, Broads & Bullets' TPB : Hoping to get all Sin City stories eventually.

Le Messor
07-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Uh...Let's see...I picked up the Marvel Handbook, the latest Buffy The Vampire Slayer (season 8)

I assume you mean (season 8 ).

Is that #5? Ooh, what was the last Astonishing out and when?

I'm looking forward to reading both!

- Le Messor
"Every advance in civilization has been denounced while it was still recent."
- Bertrand Russell

cmdrkoenig67
07-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Uh...Let's see...I picked up the Marvel Handbook, the latest Buffy The Vampire Slayer (season 8)

I assume you mean (season 8 ).

Is that #5? Ooh, what was the last Astonishing out and when?

I'm looking forward to reading both!

- Le Messor
"Every advance in civilization has been denounced while it was still recent."
- Bertrand Russell

Yeah...I meant Season 8 (darn those smileys...LOL). I believe it was issue 5 too. It was okay...I love Buffy the show, but I just can't seem to enjoy any of the comics anywhere near as much.

Dana

SmurfInABlender
07-29-2007, 09:54 AM
I never really got into Buffy while it was on, but lately I have been looking towards soem of Darkhorse's Star wars comics.

firestar
07-30-2007, 09:52 AM
welll well well....
this week i took X-MEN 201, teen titans 49 and countdown 40

Le Messor
08-05-2007, 01:01 AM
I got Origins annual #1, and the concept boggled my mind. Highlander #9, New Warriors #3, Wolverine #55 (aah!), Exiles #15 (the trade, not the series), the final Dark Tower, Fallen Angel #18, Teen Titans #49, and Buffy #5.

But most intriguing cover of the week goes to:
Illuminati #4.
It shows the wives / significant others of all the team members--but no Marrina or Dorma for Namor. However, Sue is on that cover...
(No, I haven't read any of them yet, why do you ask?)

- Le Messor
"Every cloud engenders not a storm."

SmurfInABlender
08-05-2007, 10:21 AM
well you won't be let down by New Warriors #3

Le Messor
08-11-2007, 11:12 PM
I found myself wanting more of WaitressGirl.

Does anybody believe it's Night Thrasher?

- Le Messor
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of."
- They Might Be Giants, Where Your Eyes Don't Go