PDA

View Full Version : Will Omega Flight be made an ongoing?

mreeez
08-10-2007, 01:34 AM
I say thee nay!

Legerd
08-10-2007, 02:59 AM
Right now I have to say no, but hope (like disappointment) springs eternal, so who knows?

JayCanuck
08-10-2007, 04:45 AM
I voted "yes" mainly because of the Newsarama interview and because what Scott Kolins said "There are plans brewing for Marvel's Canadian super-group, but I wanted to tell you here first - it doesn't seem to be in my future just now. I hope it's a great book and I'll be watching with envy. "

DelBubs
08-10-2007, 06:58 AM
I voted yes, but can't see it in the immediate future. Maybe a few more MCP stories and guest shots first.

cmdrkoenig67
08-10-2007, 11:56 AM
The more time that passes, the less likely for any Omega Flight book...Interest will wane quickly, the mini has ended and the team already needs rebuilding.

Striking while the iron is hot apparently isn't one of Marvel's strong points. They could have relaunched a revivified and stronger Alpha Flight after their supposed "deaths" in New Avengers (when interest in Alpha Flight was at it's peak), with a cast of the survivors...But they didn't. They blew that opportunity and they're probably going to screw this up too.

Dana

PWalk
08-10-2007, 12:21 PM
I don't see it happening. But then again I didn't expect to see a Vol 2 or 3 of AF either.

HappyCanuck
08-10-2007, 12:27 PM
I voted "yes" mostly out of sheer desperation and with a hint of "Oh God! PLEASE!!! Please let it be!!" :P

Garry/Al-Fan
08-10-2007, 12:40 PM
If the book selling well was the only criteria for considering an on-going, and that criteria was met, then MARVEL---being business-minded---should figure that publishing more Omega Flight would be a profitable decision...if the book selling well was the only criteria for considering an on-going.

I admit I bought at least three-to-four copies of each issue to help support OF, and gave a copy of the 1st three issues to someone who shares an interest in comics. However, I don't know if this person was interested enough in the comic to get/continue with the series on his own.

And this is the main problem I have with OF's conceptual foundation as presented: Jeff Brown can't get any Canadian's other than Walter and Elizabeth to defend Canada? What about Snowbird, whose whole reason for being is to protect Canada/earth from The Great Breasts? Earthmover, Shaman's supposed protege? If these folks turned Brown down---or worse, decided to shirk their responsibility---then that should have been presented somewhere in this five-issue limited series.

Personally, I hope that Snowbird's absense doesn't have anything to do with Yukon Jack, since any connection to the ill-conceived 3rd volume is going to create severe, major credibility/plausibility problems.

I wouldn't mind reading about an Omega Flight team that has Elizabeth, Walter, Beta Ray Bill, Arachne and her daughter on it, but I've had my fill of USAgent (as presented in the limited series; I liked the 8-pager) and Michael Pointer and don't look forward to reading about them in the future.

Given what there is to work with, OF should get another limited series, offered as such and structured as such.

Manikin
08-10-2007, 10:15 PM
I voted no. Mostly because I don't think it's not going to happen any time soon.

:(

SmurfInABlender
08-10-2007, 10:15 PM
I think again Marvel sees this in two ways.

They have something that will sell, but had trouble selling in the past

So rather than give us an ongoing, why not just have another 5 part mini, split up into a 12 month span, and get the loyal Flight followers to buy MCP, a new comic they are pushing.

I would rather have a story on Arachne, Talisman, Sasquatch and Agent brown as such.. but I really don't mind Michael anymore, he seems to have been done well.

As for USAgent, I too have had my share of him from the comic. He seemed interesting in the beginning and seemed to become the "iron man" of this comic, and by that I mean he became the center of a comic that wasn't supposed to revolve around him

Guardian
08-11-2007, 12:56 AM
It should become an ongoin'.

As for USAgent. He's a favorite of mine. So the more the better.

DaVeO
08-15-2007, 12:02 PM
I said no. I've been burned before with Marvel getting my hopes up. That's why I'm mainly DC/Vertigo now. I'll get MCP and pray though.

nygfan
08-15-2007, 01:48 PM
No it won't happen and here is why....The powers that be at Marvel right now (Joe Q are you listening?) just doesn't like AF. Its that simple. You have a mini that sold well beyond expectations, a rabid fan base and you had two top notch creators that were committed to the book and they still will not move forward on an ongoing.

Joe Q has ALWAYS stated his disdain for Alpha at every convention I've ever attended (NY & Baltimore for the last couple of years). When asked on panels in the past or in person (By myself) he always blows off the idea or right out mocks Alpha Flight. Omega Flight sold well, even reported to that effect in Wizard, and recieved excellent reviews (at least before changes were made forced upon the writer to make it a mini rather than on going). He refused to allow any involvement by Omega in WWH or any major crossover that could have even helped sales. Making OF an ongoing would be a no brainer if money was all they were concerned with.

Sorry, but no is probably the answer until a change in Management occurs. I hope he surprises me and proves me wrong because the book would sell like hot cakes. Far better than the futures of The New Warriors or The Initaiative I promise you.

Flightpath07
08-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Never.

cmdrkoenig67
08-18-2007, 06:31 AM
I think again Marvel sees this in two ways.

They have something that will sell, but had trouble selling in the past

So rather than give us an ongoing, why not just have another 5 part mini, split up into a 12 month span, and get the loyal Flight followers to buy MCP, a new comic they are pushing.

A possible problem with that is...Many AF fans do not like Pointer (or that an American is wearing the Guardian suit)...That whole debacle peeved many fans off.

Speaking for myself...I won't be buying it, because I dislike the character so much...I have standards (even if Marvel doesn't).

I would rather have a story on Arachne, Talisman, Sasquatch and Agent brown as such.. but I really don't mind Michael anymore, he seems to have been done well.

As for USAgent, I too have had my share of him from the comic. He seemed interesting in the beginning and seemed to become the "iron man" of this comic, and by that I mean he became the center of a comic that wasn't supposed to revolve around him

I found USAgent being co-leader of OF as offensive as Pointer as Guardian. This is supposed to be a Canadian team of heroes...He's a "loaned" hero from the US...He should not be leading the team.

It's also not very believable that the Canadian government couldn't find a soldier or civilian to be trained and wear the Guardian suit.

Dana

Mokole
08-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Well, maybe in the first issue of the ongoing the team will beat Titanium man and his minians outside a nuclear plant or some such thing, they get back to C.S.I.S. HQ only to find that USAgent has been made head of the 50 State Initiative in Pennsylvania and Pointer has been reclaimed by SHIELD (now that he's trained and any rookie mistakes he may have made would be Flight's 'fault') and becomes Peacemaker, Agent of SHIELD.

Then a host of more palatable characters (the twins, Box, Lil, a true Guardian like a Corbo, Feedback, someone from Weapon PRIME..., someone like Arachne...) would be available a new writer's team.

Sasquatch, Arachne, one of the Double Trouble twins, Persuasion, Guardian, and (OK, I have no idea who else was against Civil War Registration that would be valuable or still available). They can reclaim BRB later, Talisman too if she gets bored.

Beta Ray Daz
08-24-2007, 01:56 AM
I want it to so badly but I just don't think it will, especially with Scott now leaving Marvel HQ..

cmdrkoenig67
04-05-2008, 12:57 AM
Well, maybe in the first issue of the ongoing the team will beat Titanium man and his minians outside a nuclear plant or some such thing, they get back to C.S.I.S. HQ only to find that USAgent has been made head of the 50 State Initiative in Pennsylvania and Pointer has been reclaimed by SHIELD (now that he's trained and any rookie mistakes he may have made would be Flight's 'fault') and becomes Peacemaker, Agent of SHIELD.

Then a host of more palatable characters (the twins, Box, Lil, a true Guardian like a Corbo, Feedback, someone from Weapon PRIME..., someone like Arachne...) would be available a new writer's team.

Sasquatch, Arachne, one of the Double Trouble twins, Persuasion, Guardian, and (OK, I have no idea who else was against Civil War Registration that would be valuable or still available). They can reclaim BRB later, Talisman too if she gets bored.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

HappyCanuck
04-05-2008, 03:49 AM
(the twins, Box, Lil, a true Guardian like a Corbo, Feedback, someone from Weapon PRIME..., someone like Arachne...)

Wait, Mokole... You're WILLINGLY drudging up the crap that was Weapon PRIME?? And here I thought you LIKED the series!!

I would gladly welcome them back if it meant they get nuked! ... or disembowelled with a rusty spoon... which ever happens first...

cmdrkoenig67
04-05-2008, 01:46 PM
I'd love to see the original Alphan Flight kick Weapon P.R.I.M.E.'s butts...Hard!

What the heck does P.R.I.M.E. stand for for, anyway?

Dana

rplass
04-05-2008, 05:42 PM
P.R.I.M.E. = PRototype Induced Mutation Echelon

Don't ask. I googled it.

Love,
rplass

-K-M-
04-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Rolls off the tongue doesn't it?

cmdrkoenig67
04-05-2008, 07:39 PM

Don't ask. I googled it.

Love,
rplass

Ick! Thanks, R...LOL!

HappyCanuck
04-06-2008, 03:50 AM

Don't ask. I googled it.

Love,
rplass

and here I thought it stood for "Pointlessly Reaccuring Imitations Marvel Enjoys"... :P

DelBubs
04-06-2008, 01:45 PM
So looking at Weapon P.R.I.M.E, who actually had an induced mutation?

Tony the Tigerstrike had a copy of Macs suit. GW Bridge was a Nick Fury wannabee. Kane was Cybernetically enhanced. Yeti could have beem Wendigo. I could go on, but I think the point is that Marvel could put a little more effort into their Acronyms :-)