PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Marvel will Kill the Hulk at the end of WWH?

Manikin
09-03-2007, 04:39 PM
**MINOR SPOILER ALERT**

The more I read this storyline about the Hulk, the more I am thinking that this will happen. I had heard that the whole Planet Hulk series was supposed to have been an end to the Hulk's story. Leaving him on a distant planet and happy with his bride and child. Because of the popularity of the Planet Hulk series, Marvel descided to take it a step further and go for a homerun with World War Hulk. (Seem like it's on strike 2 for me though)

My primary reasoning for this though, is that he is just too damn powerful now. I have no doubt that if Galactus showed up right now on earth, Hulk would take him down single-handed. Just look at how he jobbed the X-men and the Avenegers. Even Eloe, who has no powers that I saw in Planet Hulk, took out Spiderman, Echo, and Ronin, single-handed.

I could go on and on about the problems with the WWH series, but that's not the point of this poll.

Cast your vote, and post your opinions :)

varo
09-04-2007, 09:10 AM
no way, he has a movie coming out.

Dfense75
09-04-2007, 09:24 AM

So does Captain America...

Legerd
09-04-2007, 12:48 PM

At which point they will bring Cap back.

Dfense75
09-04-2007, 01:36 PM

Agreed...

Manikin
09-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Legerd wrote:
Dfense75 wrote:
varo wrote:

Agreed...

Lol, too true. I hadn't thought of it from that point actually. The movie does kinda kill the idea of killing the Hulk. I am left to wonder at how they will end the rampage considering that he has really, and consciously this time, broken some laws and hurt people. He can't really go back from that....

Besides, I think it is going to take a combination of Sentry and Blackbolt at the same time to end the Hulk for good.

Legerd
09-04-2007, 11:55 PM
Lol, too true. I hadn't thought of it from that point actually. The movie does kinda kill the idea of killing the Hulk. I am left to wonder at how they will end the rampage considering that he has really, and consciously this time, broken some laws and hurt people. He can't really go back from that....

Besides, I think it is going to take a combination of Sentry and Blackbolt at the same time to end the Hulk for good.

I really wonder how they intend to end this without someone dying. The Hulk wants revenge, but will he actually kill? If not, a lot of readers will feel cheated (IMO) with all the build up. If he does, will it be one of the main players who he blames, or will they wimp out and make it a second stringer?
Whether or not he kills, how will the world deal with the Hulk now? Will he be an outcast (once again) hunted wherever he goes, or will some little country offer him sanctuary in return for his muscle when needed? Or will he and the Warbound take over some nation hostile towards the US (which means they won't lift a finger to help), and go on to become the Maestro?
Marvel has painted itself into a corner. If the Hulk doesn't get his revenge, a lot of readers will be upset. If he does get his revenge (ie: he kills one or more of the Illuminati) a lot of readers will be upset. If it ends in some other way, a lot of readers will be upset. Unless there is one helluva great ending, I think a lot of readers are going to be upset.

SmurfInABlender
09-05-2007, 02:04 AM
he'll kill stark and take over shield and end up being in EVERY COMIC EVER RELEASED..apparently runnign shield did that for stark

SephirothsKiller
09-05-2007, 08:12 PM
He'll join the initiative after Stark builds a device which allows him to go back in time and rescue his baby?

Phil
09-05-2007, 09:22 PM
They'll kill Rick Jones.

Manikin
09-06-2007, 12:57 AM
Or maybe even Amadeus Cho.
That way I would be able to stop yelling out...
"MATH IS NOT A SUPERPOWER!!!"

...everytime I see him.

Legerd
09-06-2007, 01:34 AM
They'll kill Rick Jones.

I bet that is what will happen. Rick will die and the Hulk will blame himself and surrender, or go off somewhere to hide in shame. This is the kind of cop out I was talking about though, a second stringer dies instead of a main character despite the build up. It will lack a real feeling of resolution for me if this indeed is the ending.

Joe Q seems to be majorly retooling the MU with all these deaths/revelations/politcal manuevers going on. He kills off Cap and puts Iron Man up as the new standard, but what kind of role model is he to be? Do you think the MU has become a darker place now where there are no heroes anymore, just people choosing sides?

Manikin
09-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Legerd wrote:

Joe Q seems to be majorly retooling the MU with all these deaths/revelations/politcal manuevers going on. He kills off Cap and puts Iron Man up as the new standard, but what kind of role model is he to be? Do you think the MU has become a darker place now where there are no heroes anymore, just people choosing sides?

I think that the MU has to become this way. Marvel has been creating time-travelers and 'dark future' storylines for a long while now, since the 80s, and all of them seemed to take place after the year 2000+. My question always has been, when will we finally get to these supposed dark futures in the current MU timeline. I like the idea of Tony being the man of the hour, and that he is dark and misguided, yet still one of the good-guys. The 50 states initiative is a lead-up to the whole tyranical government that must eventually come to pass. Hence a reduction of heroes (M-day, Civil War, WWH, Annihilation).

I don't mind that characters are dying, or than old characters and making a resurgence, but I agree that the way it is being done is rather disappointing.

Beta Ray Daz
10-02-2007, 08:36 AM
I don't think they'd get rid of the Hulk, especially because of the movie.. I've never been a fan so it doesn't really bother me.

Manikin
11-16-2007, 12:59 AM
They'll kill Rick Jones.

Nice call Phil :)

cmdrkoenig67
11-16-2007, 04:29 AM
I really don't see the point in killing him (just as i didn't with Captain America)...But...What the heck...They should kill him off, Spidey also...Don't forget to kill Tony Stark/Iron Man just before his movie comes out too...Ugh.

Dana :roll:

HappyCanuck
11-16-2007, 05:34 AM
Better idea: Kill off the ENTIRE Marvel Universe, and just start all over again.

cmdrkoenig67
11-17-2007, 12:34 AM
LOL....Allan, you're a genius!