PDA

View Full Version : Salvation Run

Flightpath07
01-17-2008, 01:46 AM
Anybody out there but me enjoying DC's Salvation Run?

-K-M-
01-17-2008, 01:52 AM
I like it, it's fun and I love what Joker did to Psimon

Is #3 out yet?

Flightpath07
01-17-2008, 03:53 AM
Not sure if Issue 3 is out yet. I have only read the first two so far. But the entire series is on my pull list, and it really has not disappointed so far. I get my comics via mailordercomics.com, and all my stuff gets mailed to me once a month, and takes about two weeks to arrive by mail; the wait sucks, but the savings that I get by doing it this way are well worth it.

Considering that I have not been much of a DC fan, this has really pulled me in, kind of like a really warped Secret Wars type of thing happening here.

Naturally, we know these villains are going to make it back to the real world, but how? And how many? And how pissed off will they be? And who is behind this all? And how badly are they going to pay for what they have done? These are the things that really keep me turning the pages.

I think DC has done well with this mini-series. This, and the Teen Titans of late, have turned me half-ways onto DC.

-K-M-
01-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Well I actually prefer DC than Marvel and who is behind the death world? I'm almost positive it's Darkseid and Dessad as it sure seemed like them at the end of #1

HappyCanuck
01-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Honestly, between all the Crisis crap in DC and Civil War crap in Marvel, I'm trying to find a different avenue to go down... Heck, I'm at a point where I'm ready to say "screw the publishers" and make my own...

-K-M-
01-18-2008, 12:20 AM
It's one majort event after the other and it does get tiresome as they don't give breathing space between them.

HappyCanuck
01-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Not only that, get do all these "big changes" don't really mean much. In three years time, everything will be back to the status quo. What's the point of these "big changes" if they don't mean anything? How many big deaths have we seen that doesn't mean squat? I mean, "the Death of Superman" - lasted all of maybe a year, and poof! back to normal. Colossus died to save the mutants from the Legacy Virus, and Whedon ruined that act of nobility (which is saying something, since I'm a HUGE Colossus fan - I actually cried when he died). Death of Phoenix - ditto (tho I'm still not sure if that was a bad move, bringing her back). Xavier, Magneto, Batman, Hawkeye, you name them, they've died, been brought back to life, died, brought back, the list goes on on and on and on and on. The return of Jason Todd, Bucky Barnes, hell, Illyana Rasputina in new X-Men...

Civil War. In the end, what does it matter? How's this any different than when the Avengers took over the US government? Infinity Crisis. Okay, I haven't really been paying attention, only because it's so damned convoluted, but in the end, what's it going to matter? Superman, Batman, the JLA, they will always be around, writers new and old are going to retcon some of the best stories, best moments out of existence. There's all these great ideas, but in the end, they mean squat... So I ask, why bother?

Flightpath07
01-18-2008, 05:17 AM
Honestly, between all the Crisis crap in DC and Civil War crap in Marvel, I'm trying to find a different avenue to go down... Heck, I'm at a point where I'm ready to say "screw the publishers" and make my own...

Image's Dynamo 5 series is simply amazing. Check that out!

HappyCanuck
01-18-2008, 09:28 AM

Thanks, FlightPlan, I may just look into that series. Who works on that series?

-K-M-
01-18-2008, 12:40 PM

Yeah that's definetly an awesome series

Thanks, FlightPlan, I may just look into that series. Who works on that series?

Jay Faerber and artist Mahmud A. Asrar