PDA

View Full Version : ORANGE SASQUATCH or WHITE SASQUATCH?

S. Michael Simms
03-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Not asking about story lines here, just aesthetics:

mos_def
03-11-2008, 01:35 AM
that is still a question depending on point of view. I like Walt in his body but the look of Snowbird's Sasquatch form was a better look.

Bill P
03-11-2008, 04:15 AM
Orange without a doubt.

Ryan Maxwell
03-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Orange, though I like the thought of AF fighting a villain that would require the strength of both Sasquatches to beat him/her.

DelBubs
03-11-2008, 01:57 PM
I prefer the original Sas, but the cover to #23 remains one of my all time favourites.

HappyCanuck
03-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I prefer Walter in the Orange look, tho have to admit, the Wanda stories lead a lot for possibilities... I know this would have been unheard of in the late 80's, early 90's, but they could have done so much with the sexuality aspects and ramifications of it, not to mention dealt more with being a woman from a man's perspective...

...Would that make Walt Marvel's first Transexual??

Mystic
03-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Aesthetically, I honestly prefer the white sasquatch. Not sure why, but there's just something about it. Not saying I liked the whole 'Wanda' thing...I like the alternate reality Sas with Heather being Sas.

-K-M-
03-13-2008, 11:59 PM
Orange, as when she/he was white Sasquatch looked like Wendigo sans a missing tail. All though I do like Wendigo

Manikin
03-14-2008, 02:30 AM
White. I like the Snowbird version of Sassy much better :)

HappyCanuck
03-14-2008, 03:48 AM
...sans a missing tail...

Am I the only one who noticed the wording in this post?

Sorry, Mungi, but the way you phrased that, Sasquatch has a tail ('sans' means 'minus', thus if he was 'minus' a missing tail, he'd have a tail...)

Love,

Your friendly neighbourhood grammar police :P

S. Michael Simms
03-14-2008, 12:47 PM

No, you're just the only one who felt the need to point it out.

I have all but given up trying to correct people's grammar, spelling, etc. on discussion boards as not only does it piss people off half the time, it kinda makes ya look a little pompous. I think if you can understand the point someone's trying to make, that's all that really counts-- it's not like we're in school or even at work where such things matter.

If ya sweat the small stuff, yer gonna give yerself a Grammar Headache (cuz it's everywhere ya go, seriously). Be that as it may, a spell-check option wouldn't be a bad idea for those whose browsers do not feature one, as does Firefox. Probably be a pain to add one though.

Live, love, laugh & be happy,
Smikes

-K-M-
03-14-2008, 02:04 PM

Sorry, Mungi, but the way you phrased that, Sasquatch has a tail ('sans' means 'minus', thus if he was 'minus' a missing tail, he'd have a tail...)

Love,

*claps*....was that really necessary? Basically it was a goof, as I know what "sans" mean, but I put "missing" in after as a mistake.

HappyCanuck
03-14-2008, 08:24 PM

Love,

*claps*....was that really necessary? Basically it was a goof, as I know what "sans" mean, but I put "missing" in after as a mistake.

yeah, I know. I do apologise, Mungi. I was in a nitpicky mood when I wrote that. it wasn't meant to insult or imply anything.

-K-M-
03-14-2008, 09:20 PM
yeah, I know. I do apologise, Mungi. I was in a nitpicky mood when I wrote that. it wasn't meant to insult or imply anything.

No harm done then

syvalois
03-15-2008, 01:40 AM

No, you're just the only one who felt the need to point it out.

I have all but given up trying to correct people's grammar, spelling, etc. on discussion boards as not only does it piss people off half the time, it kinda makes ya look a little pompous. I think if you can understand the point someone's trying to make, that's all that really counts-- it's not like we're in school or even at work where such things matter.

If ya sweat the small stuff, yer gonna give yerself a Grammar Headache (cuz it's everywhere ya go, seriously). Be that as it may, a spell-check option wouldn't be a bad idea for those whose browsers do not feature one, as does Firefox. Probably be a pain to add one though.

Smikes

I don't mind if someone said my mistakes in a gentle and kind way. But I'm the obsessive with perfection kind of girl. And well, I must be doing tons of mistakes in my english, but I'm loosing it right now because I don't practice enough.

cmdrkoenig67
03-15-2008, 06:48 AM
I'd have to go with the orange original...Though I do have a fondness for the white version too, but he'd blend a bit too much with the Wendigo (should he have to face him).

Dana

syvalois
03-15-2008, 08:52 AM
I'd have to go with the orange original...Though I do have a fondness for the white version too, but he'd blend a bit too much with the Wendigo (should he have to face him).

Dana

I agree with you

Le Messor
03-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Aesthetically, I honestly prefer the white sasquatch.

I think I like the looks of the white one better, but I wouldn't like it so much without the orange one. I like it because it's a new version of something I already know. I'd probably like the orange one better if that was the rarer variant.
(There's a great Dinosaur Comics (http://www.qwantz.com/archive/001185.html) bit about songs sung in different genres, but I'm not sure how to find that specific strip right now.)

...sans a missing tail...

I think if you can understand the point someone's trying to make, that's all that really counts

Allan, But maybe he has a tail, it's just not a missing tail?
OtherMichael:
After watching... (Drew Barrymore is a reporter, goes back to school to do an exposé), and seeing her come across as pompous for correcting a meaningless bit of grammar, I decided the same thing you did; except if:
1) The bad grammar makes whatever somebody is trying to say unclear.
2) It makes the new sentence funny.

I put Allan's comment under 2).

- Le Messor
"... when I heard you playing Fleur-de-Lys..."
"What? Oh, you mean Für Elise."
- me, in real life (she confused me; not only did she get the name wrong, she had to change languages to do it!)

S. Michael Simms
03-16-2008, 12:41 AM

No harm done then

Yeah, I apologize too for butting in. I was in an even nitpickier mood that night; no harm intended. We're all friends here. But while we're on the subject, please, anyone, feel free to point out anything questionable in my writing. I fancy myself a bit of a writer, so I honestly do appreciate when others chime in from time to time (I actually misspelled the word 'perhaps' for nearly a decade before someone was kind enough to point out my mistake)— I just also know that I used to piss a lot of people off by trying to correct their language mechanics and/or occasionally have a little snicker at their expense in both real life and discussion forums, because let's face it (as le Messor so eloquently phrased it): sometimes bad grammar's just plain funny...I think Happycanuck was both trying to be helpful and have a little snicker at the same time...again, I apologize for my slightly negative spin on it.

On another note, though indeed most people just want to relax and say their peace in a discussion forum without fear of repercussion for lax mechanics, The Alphanex, as has been discussed elsewhere, is a different matter entirely. We should strive to maintain as accurate and grammatically sound a database as possible. I will be endeavoring over the next month or so to edit/proofread at least one entry a day; I hope some of you (particularly those keen on nitpickery) will join me in the effort. Pherhaps we'll knock it all out in a month or two and have it gleamin' like Wild Child's incisors on Fried Chicken Day at the Golden Corral.

Smikes

Le Messor
03-16-2008, 01:24 AM
On another note, though indeed most people just want to relax and say their peace in a discussion forum without fear of repercussion for lax mechanics,

You made a mistake there.
imms"]Pherhaps

Okay, that one you did on purpose! :D

As for Alphanex... I never managed to get editing rights. Dunno Y.

(I don't think I have the time now, neither.)

- LM
"Fain would I climb, yet fear I to fall."

HappyCanuck
03-16-2008, 03:45 AM
As for Alphanex... I never managed to get editing rights. Dunno Y.

To my knowledge, Mik, you never asked! :P

Le Messor
03-16-2008, 07:37 AM
:P Not you, personally, no...

- Mik
"We put the 's' in 'hit', you know!"
- Morris Major and the Minors

Richv1
12-20-2008, 08:54 AM
I almost always go with the original versions. I like the orginal one better. I don't know that version just seems like he blended in better on the team. The white version is a version I think of as Snowbird being able to change into not Walter.

Trewqp
12-20-2008, 02:45 PM
White version.

The Irredeemable Shag
08-20-2010, 11:11 PM
From a purely aesthetics point of view, it's the white Sasquatch for me. From a character perspective, I prefer Walter in his own body. Soooo... How about Walter in his own body, and then he just bleaches his fur white. Works for me. :)

Raja
08-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Irrespective of storylines? I like the look of the white sasquatch more than the classic orange.

DIGGER
08-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Gotta be the original orange all the way. Based on the posts in this query sounds like we not only need Alpha Flight but also GRAMMA Flight!

DIGGER

Flightpath07
08-21-2010, 02:24 AM
Gotta be the original orange all the way. Based on the posts in this query sounds like we not only need Alpha Flight but also GRAMMA Flight!

DIGGER

#-o ](*,)

Oh, and "orange" for me, thanx (and I meant to put an" x", not a "ks", okay?).

Le Messor
08-22-2010, 03:51 AM
that is still a question depending on point of view. I like Walt in his body but the look of Snowbird's Sasquatch form was a better look.

Oh, and btw, Mos, you'll find that many of the truths to which we cling depend greatly on one's point of view.
(I can't believe it took two years to say that! I must be slipping!)

Flightpath07
08-22-2010, 04:10 AM
Oh, and btw, Mos, you'll find that many of the truths to which we cling depend greatly on one's point of view.
(I can't believe it took two years to say that! I must be slipping!)

Yes, Mos definitely you are slipping, Le M!

Le Messor
08-22-2010, 04:20 AM
Mos definitely, or Mos Eisley?

Flightpath07
08-22-2010, 04:21 AM
Oy vey...

Sasquatch17
08-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Orange....absolutely!

Mrfurious87
09-18-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm going to have to go with white as not only issue 23 my favorite cover but after rereading the series though I hated mantlo for killing of bochsie and forgetting about marrina, his team of jeffries heather white sasquatch purple girl and manikin are my favorite issues (besides of course the 2 3 part marrina stories byrne did).

ClawMaraud
09-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Hello All

I voted orange because I was given two choices. What would look really good though, is Sasquatch all done up in black. Nice!

... or, even better, the black and tan colours and markings of a german shepherd!

Le Messor
09-23-2010, 04:34 PM
My German shepherd was white, so Sasquatch does look like him. Sometimes.

- Le Messor
"Here comes the orator, with his flood of words and his drop of reason."

DIGGER
09-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Hello All

I voted orange because I was given two choices. What would look really good though, is Sasquatch all done up in black. Nice!

... or, even better, the black and tan colours and markings of a german shepherd!

But then he would have to join X-Force just to go with the color scheme. I had also thought about how he would look brown but then every artist would have to draw him blurry/out of focus-like.

DIGGER

ClawMaraud
09-23-2010, 11:39 PM
The german shepherd colourings and markings was more a joke. And, thinking further along, Sasquatch being black would make him look like one of those ghastly Ewok teddy bears from Return of the Jedi. Shudder

DIGGER - Just went and looked at some images of XForce on google and you are right - That is a lot of black going on there. Think they are taking cues from movie adaptations much? Ha Ha Ha

Uncle Rich
09-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Orange.

Hard to change the original.

MajorMountie
04-22-2011, 05:00 PM
The "orangeness" of the Sasquatch really made him stand out, and I loved it.

Le Messor
04-22-2011, 05:47 PM
The "orangeness" of the Sasquatch really made him stand out, and I loved it.

LOL!
Sorry, it's just... have you read my comments on the released cover yet?
Everything in comics these days is washed out in orange, so his orangeosity is why I found him really, really hard to spot on a cover where he's out in the open.

- Le Messor
"I was reading about how countless species are being pushed toward extinction by Man's destruction of forests. Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
~ Calvin

MajorMountie
04-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Keep in mind, I'm more of a retro guy. From a time where orange didn't dominate the pages. ;)

At least, I don't remember it dominating the pages. Maybe I've been brainwashed to only love orange...

Le Messor
04-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Keep in mind, I'm more of a retro guy. From a time where orange didn't dominate the pages. ;)
At least, I don't remember it dominating the pages. Maybe I've been brainwashed to only love orange...

No, it didn't used to, and that did help Sas be unique.

- Le Messor
"I was thinking about old age and decided that old age is 'when you still have something on the ball, but you are just too tired to bounce it.'"

Gilgamesh
05-28-2011, 11:39 PM
The Orange with good Dr. is the only true Sasquatch in my humble opinion.