PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight... Contains traces of Spoilers

Le Messor
07-20-2008, 01:04 AM
First, when I first saw Batman Begins, I wasn't as impressed as everyone else. After I got used to it, and saw it a few times, I kind of am.

Remember that while reading the following; I could get used to this one and enjoy it muchly.

I did enjoy it this time, but I had one problem with it. (I'll get to that.)

There were things I loved. Lines like 'This could stand up to cats' (when I thought about it, and then about Selina...)

I have never seen Two-Face done well onscreen.
Until now. They did a brilliant job with him, imo.

I liked that they had the courage to kill off the girlfriend. How often does that happen in superhero movies? (Not comics. Happens a lot there.)

The theme of Batman Begins was fear. The theme of The Dark Knight was the fine line between heroism and villainy (and how it inspires ordinary people).

I mentioned a problem. It's kind of a big one: I didn't like their take on The Joker. I didn't buy it.

It wasn't Heath Ledger's acting job (though I wasn't fond of the way he smacked his lips all the time). It was the look as much as anything. It... lacked elegance. If this movie can be compared to a Tim Burton movie (and I think it can), he looked to me more like Beetlejuice than The Joker. (Ironic, considering the casting.)
He looked like the Joker might look after a year on the streets in a cardboard box.
That made it hard to buy him as 1) a foil to Batman and 2) the villainous force-of-nature villain he is.
They did, however, make me buy him as somebody incredibly dangerous; and yet able to gather together minions.

I can't give an overall score yet. I'll probably have to see it more times first.

(I don't know if there was anything post-credits, sorry.)

- Le Messor
"It's curtains for you, Dr. Horrible! Lacey, breezy curtains."
- Hammer

Trewqp
07-20-2008, 02:33 AM
To be honest, i really liked him, i thought the way he acted and talked was GREAT!!
i think of it as a new bat man, new villaians, new cars, new everything.
and hey i liked bettle juice!!!!
BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE AND BEETLEJUICE!!!
haha le messor, prepare to get beat up by bettle juice, :lol:
R.I.P. Heath ledger

Le Messor
07-20-2008, 03:04 AM
I loved Beetlejuice! (But I can't believe you used his name three times. Agh! Not the giant snake!)
I just don't think his look works on the Joker.

OTOH, I've seen the Joker done well. So, if I don't love everything they do, it might as well not be that. or something.

- LM
"Wait'll they get a load of me!"
- Jack Nicholson.
as the Joker.
But you knew that.

Trewqp
07-20-2008, 04:36 AM
well to bad lemessor you cant always get it your way, because if pamela anderson and me ever do things, thats when you will have it your way!!
but so far i've only been with her in my dreams!!!
BE REAL!!!!

Ummm... did i say this out loud? :oops: