PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Legends Guardian

Hyperstorm
07-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Hasbro showed the new Wal-Mart exclusive ML wave at SDCC's preview night and one of the figures is Alpha Flight's very own Guardian. He'll come with a piece to build Ares and will be available in September.

Ryan Maxwell
07-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Very cool, looking forward to seeing photos. Despite the over articulation the Legends line has, I'm hoping for an improvement over that old mail-away figure I got years ago.

Unless of course, it's the Ultimate version, with the landing lights... :?

PWalk
07-24-2008, 01:44 PM
A buddy who is big into the Legends line called me this morning saying this very same thing. I'll be picking one up for sure.

Ryan Maxwell
07-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Found a couple of photos online

http://i33.tinypic.com/n4idna.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/oi7szs.jpg

Ryan Maxwell
07-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Looks like a metallic red like on the Bowen bust. It also looks like they got the lines on the maple leaf wrong (why is that so difficult to get right?). The right leg joint puts a big red splash where it doesn't belong, probably an easy repaint. It also looks like they went with the cowl versus the original helmet, so the nose sticks out like Batman's.

Ryan Maxwell
07-24-2008, 02:51 PM
And one more

http://i36.tinypic.com/2v3pnp0.jpg

Mokole
07-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Maybe the ball joint twists like normal so they had to choose a complete colour. Don't know why the maple leaf is so hard or the striping below it, but OK.

Bah!
07-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Yeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!!!!

<---happy

Dfense75
07-24-2008, 11:49 PM
Looks like one more thing ill have on my desk when it comes out

Trewqp
07-25-2008, 03:09 AM
agreed Dfense7 :)

cmdrkoenig67
07-26-2008, 01:43 AM
That looks like a pretty good Guardian figure (he'd be the only figure I'd get from that series, though)...The others hold interest for me.

Dana

-K-M-
07-26-2008, 01:51 AM
Wait a tick...

http://marvellegends.net/News/articles/MarvelLegends.Net080725A.php

Do I just read that Nemesis is getting a figure, and it's a build figure? It's most likely a mistake

cmdrkoenig67
07-26-2008, 02:53 AM
Wait a tick...

http://marvellegends.net/News/articles/MarvelLegends.Net080725A.php

Do I just read that Nemesis is getting a figure, and it's a build figure? It's most likely a mistake

Canadian Nemesis or AOA Nemesis (A.K.A. Holocaust)?

Dana

DelBubs
07-26-2008, 06:13 AM
The link on the page takes you to an area with no pics, but text stating that it's the former Alphan.

-K-M-
07-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Canadian Nemesis or AOA Nemesis (A.K.A. Holocaust)?

Dana

I assume Holocaust, but the link goes to Canadian Nemesis

Ryan Maxwell
07-26-2008, 02:00 PM
When you hit that 2nd page, hit Nemesis again. Takes you to a Holocaust bio page

Trewqp
07-26-2008, 07:51 PM
whos nemesis and holocaust?

-K-M-
07-26-2008, 08:31 PM
whos nemesis and holocaust?

Apocalypse's "son"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_%28comics%29
----
Just to note this page says it's him getting the built figure, so that makes far more sense.

Le Messor
07-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Since we don't have Wal-Mart in Australia, how do I get mine?

*whiiiiiiiiiineeee*

- Le Messor
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
- Oscar Wilde

Draconis
07-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Just to let you others know since I am a bit of a Marvel Legends Collector, that it is AoA Nemisis and that the Wal-Mart wave Guardian my not come to Canada. The reason being that Hasbro the current maker if Marvel Legends hasn't been sending any of this type of product to Canada for a while, plus the fact that this is a store exclusive, which from what I have learned we here have never gotten anything that was Exclusive to Wal-Mart in this manner.

Now there has been talk of them trying to get this stuff to Canada but nothing has actually happened. Your best bet is to get this is from a Comic shop.

rplass
11-15-2008, 09:59 PM
I picked up Mr. Guardian today. The red isn't metallic shiny like the Bowen bust. It's more like a dull red. The cowl, and many other parts of him, are shaded with a blue tinge, as if the person coloring the figure took the cover to Omega Flight #3 as a style guide. That cover is shown on the packaging, with the image reversed. Also on the package are an image from Clayton Henry's v3, the amazing Art Adams cover from Classic X-Men #16, one other image from Omega Flight, and an image from the 1998 X-Men/Alpha Flight mini-series..

The back of the package has a blurb:
"James MacDonald Hudson was an idealistic scientist dedicated to using his engineering talents for the betterment of mankind. Inspired by the first appearance of the Fantastic Four, Hudson decided to create a new super team that Canadians could call their own. Working with the Canadian government, he recruited a team of heroes to defend his homeland against superhuman threats of all kinds. Wearing a steel mesh battle suit of his own design, he took the codename Guardian, and Alpha Flight was born. Though the daily stress of directing the team wore on Hudson, he continued to lead them on countless adventures across time and space for years. Hudson and the rest of the team met an untimely end in the Yukon wilderness when they faced off against the Collective, a powerful mutant force from beyond."

Also, there are some stats, unremarkable.

The figure does have that oddly shaped Maple Leaf design on the chest, somewhat distorted, but not that bad. The the joint that pronates/supinates the wrist is partially colored red, but it doesn't line up with the red on the forearm unless it is in a "neutral" position, so there is an odd discontinuity in the coloring. The blue tinges all over the figure are really the strangest parts of the coloring though.

It comes with a strangely shaped piece of plastic which is supposed to be part of Ares, a larger figure you can assemble if you have the other 7 figures in the series. I finally discovered by reading the back of the package the piece is supposed to be Ares' "lower torso", but it's really just his crotch and his butt.

Love,
rplass

Le Messor
11-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Cool... So, any way to get it in Australia?

Y'know, I wouldn't notice if they got the Australian flag wrong; unless they did something huge, like the colours wrong (which could turn it into the New Zealand flag, natch), or something.

- Le Messor
"Finagle's First Law: If an experiment works, something has gone wrong."

rplass
11-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Cool... So, any way to get it in Australia?

I didn't get mine at Wal-Mart. I got it at the comic book convention I went to today. I'm sure you could find him in any decent comic or collectible shop that sells figures like Marvel Legends, or at a comic-con down under. Haha I think the guy that sold it to me pulled off a sticker that says, "Exclusively from Wal-Mart" because I remember a lot of the other packages had that sticker like that on them but mine doesn't.

Love,
rplass

Le Messor
11-15-2008, 11:09 PM
I'll ask around. Eyes crossed!
Or is it fingers?... which one do you wear shoes on again?

Phil
05-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Finally managed to find one today.

UGH...

Mine is exceptionally blue. Definitely based on OM #3.
So much so that I'm only considering it as Pointer, no matter what the box blurb says.
He can go with my Legends Sas, BRB and Select Arachne as Omega Flight.
I'll carry on waiting for a decent Mac.