PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis too

Mokole
12-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Who should be Nemesis, all things being considered?

Witchfire kind of depends on Infernus, I guess.

zephyr74
12-30-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm not up to date on the past few years of AF like everyone else but I think Nemesis should be left alone for now.

-Zef

DelBubs
12-30-2008, 09:20 PM
No one should be Nemesis, she died after the eventual demise of Deadly Ernest, anything since is bad writing imho.

Legerd
12-30-2008, 09:27 PM
I agree that there should be no Nemesis right now, but I'd be okay with a new one if they come up a mythology to explain the how and why a Nemesis comes into being.

zephyr74
12-30-2008, 09:55 PM
No one should be Nemesis, she died after the eventual demise of Deadly Ernest, anything since is bad writing imho.

Del,
If I remember correctly, wasn't the whole point of the original Nemesis to thwart Deadly Ernest. Once that was done, she dissipated, right?

-Zef

cmdrkoenig67
12-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Nobody...She should get a rest...The original has been gone for a long time, anyway.

The second one (who joined Gamma Flight) has always been a mystery...But there is no way she was the same person as the first, their personalities were very different.

The Vol. 3 Nemesis is also apparently dead now.

Dana

DelBubs
12-31-2008, 08:27 AM

Del,
If I remember correctly, wasn't the whole point of the original Nemesis to thwart Deadly Ernest. Once that was done, she dissipated, right?

-Zef
Basically, yea. She says in #8, something along the lines that once 'only the death of Ernest will bring peace to her soul and her fathers'. This to me suggests that Nemesis came about as a direct result of the actions of Deadly Ernest, so anything else is typical sloppy Marvel writing. She did dissapate after Puck sliced and dices Ernest after Scramble had re-animated him.

Mokole
01-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Most votes for no one, but more votes for having a Nemesis.

Trewqp
01-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Well it dosent say shes dead on her Bio here, http://www.marvel.com/universe/Nemesis

But if their making Black Panther a girl, i dont see why Nemesis cant turn into a guy.

And did she steal Deadpool's costume or something?

HappyCanuck
01-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Well it dosent say shes dead on her Bio here, http://www.marvel.com/universe/Nemesis

But if their making Black Panther a girl, i dont see why Nemesis cant turn into a guy.

And did she steal Deadpool's costume or something?

Actually, Deadpool stole her costume - Nemesis predates him by about five years.

cmdrkoenig67
01-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Deadpool was "created" by Rob Liefeld, after all.

Dana

Dfense75
01-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Deadpool while a great character whom I enjoy is everybit a tribute to Slade Wilson Deathstroke The Terminator. While the costumes have few similarties at this point Rob Liefeld admits that Deathstroke was Deadpools inspiration. Also I think even more than 5 years. Deadpool was introduced in the mid 90s. Wasnt Nemesis in the mid 80s?

Legerd
01-20-2009, 10:50 AM
While the costumes have few similarties at this point Rob Liefeld admits that Deathstroke was Deadpools inspiration.

Not anymore. Either someone is posting under his name on Newsarama, or he's changed his mind on that one.

robertliefeld wrote:

Never understood the Deathstroke/Deadpool thing other than the Dead/Death aspects of their names. So if you take away the buccaneer boots, the chain mail, the half mask, the buccaneer gloves.....you have Deadpool? Deathstroke has Superman's build, strong and broad, Deadpool has a slighter build, more Spider Man, Nightcrawler. And that's just what my naked eyes reveal at a glance.

See it here. (http://www.newsarama.com/comics/010915-Obama-Youngblood.html#comments)

His full post is on the seventh page of comments.

Dfense75
01-22-2009, 07:34 AM
My info was based from the Deadpool Wikipedia article. It has a quote from Deadpools creators on there about the Deathstroke connection. I suppose Liefield has changed his stance. Wiki Deadpool and check it out my info was from there.

Legerd
01-22-2009, 07:42 PM
My info was based from the Deadpool Wikipedia article. It has a quote from Deadpools creators on there about the Deathstroke connection. I suppose Liefield has changed his stance. Wiki Deadpool and check it out my info was from there.

I believe you, I just thought it was funny that RL was denying it now on Newsarama.

Dfense75
01-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Here is the link to the Deadpool Wikipedia. Only a short way down the entry is the section about the Deathstroke similarties and the opinions on it from the creators. Its funny how Liefield has changed his stance. Not that Im surprised. Whether you like his work or not he has recieved some very heavy criticism. He has flip flopped on a few topics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadpool_(comics)

Garry/Al-Fan
01-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Becky McNeil or Danielle Belmonde. Becky could become Nemesis to avenge the deaths of her sister and her friends.

Mokole
01-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Not bad ideas, really!

Anyway, keeping Amelia, get someone really knew as Garry says, or no Nemesis at all.

I like Garry's ideas, Heather or Zuzha would be interesting. Though I always thought Witchfire was being groomed for the role.

I do what Nemesis in AF, after all. Maybe a costumed group plus Sasquatch.