PDA

View Full Version : Omega Flight to appear in Uncanny X-men

Legerd
02-07-2009, 10:21 AM
At the Dark Reign panel someone asked:

Any plans for Omega Flight?

To which the answer was:

Fraction: Keep reading Uncanny.

Do you think it has something to do with the Alphan who joins the X-men?

maniac mike
02-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Maybe. No news about AF during the Cup O' Joe panel today. :evil:

Hopefully we might get some news tomorrow during the Mondo Marvel panel. :lol:

Mokole
02-08-2009, 12:08 AM
I will simply say "Darn it" and hope tomorrow I can sing a new tune.

Darn it again.

Quesada repeated his familiar line that comics are ultimately democratic, with fans "voting with their dollars."

He should have prefaced with, "Unless it's a comic called Alpha Flight...."

Flightpath07
02-08-2009, 10:37 PM

To which the answer was:

I could be wrong, but i think that it is possible this whole "power-vampire, killing-mutants-to-live" thing with Pointer may be leading to an eventual showdown with the X-Men...

We'll see.

cmdrkoenig67
02-10-2009, 12:21 AM
I will simply say "Darn it" and hope tomorrow I can sing a new tune.

Darn it again.

Quesada repeated his familiar line that comics are ultimately democratic, with fans "voting with their dollars."

Right...His words ultimately mean nothing. Example: She-Hulk sells terribly (and has for years), yet it goes on and on...Omega Flight sold about 40,000+ issues nearly every issue and yet it was not made into a full series. It's BS.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67
02-10-2009, 12:25 AM

To which the answer was:

Hmmmmm...My response to Mr. Fraction would be "No thanks, but I may pick up the issue they appear in." The only writer who has inspired any interest in me possibly picking up an X-book again after more than 10 years is Carey.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67
02-10-2009, 12:31 AM

To which the answer was:

I could be wrong, but i think that it is possible this whole "power-vampire, killing-mutants-to-live" thing with Pointer may be leading to an eventual showdown with the X-Men...

We'll see.

Ooooooh...Maybe Cyclops sends the X-Force kill squad to take out Pointer....Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ Must remain calm, Dana...It probably won't happen.

Dana

Flightpath07
02-10-2009, 05:49 AM
:shock: :lol: 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dana, stop! You're killing me! (says Pointer! lol.)

Le Messor
02-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Right...His words ultimately mean nothing. Example: ... It's BS.
Dana

Not to mention impractical. As I've said before, in the past, money may talk, but it's not very articulate.

They publish a book without Alpha Flight in it, but they call it Alpha Flight. If we buy it, they tell us we want this new group, not Alpha Flight. If we don't buy it, because it's got nothing to do with Alpha Flight once you get past the cover, 'There's no demand for Alpha Flight'.

Can't win.

- Le Messor
"First snow, then silence.
This thousand-dollar screen dies
So beautifully. "
- 'Haiku error messages'

Phil
05-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Could this be the indication that the Weapon Omega character will be Pointer?

-K-M-
05-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Yes, it's VERY likely Weapon Omega is Pointer.

JohnnyCanuck
05-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Right...His words ultimately mean nothing. Example: ... It's BS.
Dana

Not to mention impractical. As I've said before, in the past, money may talk, but it's not very articulate.

They publish a book without Alpha Flight in it, but they call it Alpha Flight. If we buy it, they tell us we want this ...(Snip)

So it's not just me that doesn't trust / like Joe Quesada!

Le Messor
05-17-2009, 05:56 PM
So it's not just me that doesn't trust / like Joe Quesada!

Prob'ly not... but I felt that way before Quesada.

- Le Messor
"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them."
- Aristotle

cmdrkoenig67
05-20-2009, 04:13 AM
So....Did Omega Flight ever make an appearance?

Dana

-K-M-
05-20-2009, 11:43 AM

Dana

Not yet, but they will as Pointer will join the Dark X-Men.

cmdrkoenig67
05-20-2009, 12:26 PM

Dana

Not yet, but they will as Pointer will join the Dark X-Men.

Is there even an Omega Flight left to appear, though? I have to wonder, since Beta Ray Bill, U.S. Agent and Talisman have all left the team...We're left with Sasquatch, Arachne and Weapon Whiney-pants (who'll also be leaving).

Dana

Flightpath07
05-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Weapon Whiney-pants

:lol: :twisted: :lol: 8) :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol:

-K-M-
05-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Is there even an Omega Flight left to appear, though? I have to wonder, since Beta Ray Bill, U.S. Agent and Talisman have all left the team...We're left with Sasquatch, Arachne and Weapon Whiney-pants (who'll also be leaving).

Dana

Yeah all there is left is Sasquatch and Arachne, their properly going to disband.

kozzi24
05-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Yeah all there is left is Sasquatch and Arachne, their properly going to disband.

Think Walt's bagged Julia yet, or does she like being left in the dark?

Flightpath07
05-21-2009, 07:48 PM

Uh...isn't she goin' steady with The Shroud?

-K-M-
05-21-2009, 10:56 PM

Yep, and still is

Flightpath07
05-21-2009, 11:40 PM

Yep, and still is

Seeing as how the Shroud doesn't seem to get used very much, and seeing as how he has some pretty cool powers and is all mysterious and stuff, i would not have a problem with him joining Alpha Flight. 'Sides, AF has always worked best when it was about a team that was more of a family, right?

Mokole
05-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Still, I wonder when news will come. Shroud, I doubt, will not be joining. It's looking better of Weapon Omega Mailman is gone, he just isn't an interesting character. Omega Flight doesn't look to be appearing in X-Men anymore, unless it's a one-panel thing about Pointer joining Osborne. If we're lucky, it'll show a new team of Flight!

maniac mike
05-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Over at Marvel.com they are interviewing Matt Fraction about the new "Dark X-men". Yesterday they talked about Mimic, today's interview was about Cloak & Dagger, and tomorrow's will deal with...

DARK AVENGERS/UNCANNY X-MEN: UTOPIA #1 launches one of the biggest events of the summer on June 24, but be sure you check back here tomorrow for another Dark X-Men Dossier on Weapon Omega!

So its official, Michael Pointer IS Weapon Omega.

Here is more info...

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.8145.Dark_X-Men_Dossiers~colon~_Mimic

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.8157.Dark_X-Men_Dossiers~colon~_Cloak~and~Dagger

Flightpath07
05-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Over at Marvel.com they are interviewing Matt Fraction about the new "Dark X-men". Yesterday they talked about Mimic, today's interview was about Cloak & Dagger, and tomorrow's will deal with...

DARK AVENGERS/UNCANNY X-MEN: UTOPIA #1 launches one of the biggest events of the summer on June 24, but be sure you check back here tomorrow for another Dark X-Men Dossier on Weapon Omega!

So its official, Michael Pointer IS Weapon Omega.

Here is more info...

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.8145.Dark_X-Men_Dossiers~colon~_Mimic

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.8157.Dark_X-Men_Dossiers~colon~_Cloak~and~Dagger

Yeah, i just saw that right now. Check out the black and white picture at the bottom of the Mimic article, peoples! [ yeah, it is definitely The Mailman of Idiocy, alright... ]

cmdrkoenig67
05-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Um...Gigantic duh! If the mystery character is called Weapon Omega (or even Weapon Oh Woe-is-me), who the heck else is it going to be?

It seems a bit odd to have two power-stealers on the same team, though (Mimic and Pointer).

Dana :roll:

-K-M-
05-28-2009, 01:24 AM
As I said all along it was Pointer, but I seriously hope Wolverine says something to Pointer about killing his friends as the death of AF has been pretty much ignored.

mreeez
05-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Weapon Omega

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.8191.Dark_X-Men_Dossiers~colon~_Weapon_Omega

kozzi24
05-30-2009, 01:34 PM

Exactly. Get it?

Le Messor
05-31-2009, 12:46 AM
Exactly. Get it?

I got it.

- Le Messor
"The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions."
- Confucius

Mokole
05-31-2009, 02:46 AM
Anyone noticed that in Secret Warriors, CSIS and by extension Omega Flight are HYDRA operations, while Department H wasn't?

See if that means anything.

cmdrkoenig67
06-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Anyone noticed that in Secret Warriors, CSIS and by extension Omega Flight are HYDRA operations, while Department H wasn't?

See if that means anything.

That's weird...Hydra is behind the CSIS?

Dana

-K-M-
07-03-2009, 03:01 AM
Well the Dark X-Men have finally arrived

SPOILER: Dark Beast is part of Dark X-Men, but he isn't Professor X as some assumed. Professor X is Mystique, which really should not be a shock. Emma Forst's pick to be on the team is Namor.

Also looks like Pointer will play a big role in the "Omega Machine"

rplass
07-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Ack, it says Pointer's from Canada. Terrible. He's not from Canada, he's from the US of A, from Alaska. You'd think they could double check this first? Besides for Pointer in the Guardian suit, there's no mention of Alpha Flight, not even listing Northstar as a member of the X-Men... oh, well.

Love,
rplass

Mokole
07-03-2009, 03:37 PM
I haven't seen it, maybe the grammar meant he came from Canada, like when if I'm in Los Angeles and go to Seattle, I came from Los Angeles, even though I'm Canadian. Guessing.

cmdrkoenig67
07-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Ack, it says Pointer's from Canada. Terrible. He's not from Canada, he's from the US of A, from Alaska. You'd think they could double check this first?

I smell a retcon...And it's a rotten one.

Besides for Pointer in the Guardian suit, there's no mention of Alpha Flight, not even listing Northstar as a member of the X-Men... oh, well.

Love,
rplass

Well, that sucks.

Dana

maniac mike
07-04-2009, 01:05 AM
I would love to see Madison and Jean-Paul have a confrontation with Pointer about the death of their teammates. Maybe Jean-Marie could be there too!

Flightpath07
07-04-2009, 08:34 AM
I would love to see Madison and Jean-Paul have a confrontation with Pointer about the death of their teammates. Maybe Jean-Marie could be there too!

Seems to me, the X-Men writers have already had Jean-Paul crack jokes about Alpha Flight and act like they were a terrible team to be a part of.

So, don't count on it.

cmdrkoenig67
07-06-2009, 05:47 AM
Madison I could definitely see having a mad on at Pointer...He was good friends with Puck and he was engaged to Heather for a time.

I can't imagine Jean Paul really hating Alpha Flight or his time with them(or being embarrassed by them), if he did, then why did he saty for years? Just because his sister wanted to be there? Please!
Alpha Flight was a team (that wasn't all mutants) that accepted him, even after his "terrorist" past was found out...They took him in, introduced him to his long-lost sister and loved him as a family.

I think Jean Paul just puts up a tough front a lot of the time...Perhaps this is the angle Fraction is going for...We may never know though, since I doubt Fraction will do much with him other than him being the team's token gay (I doubt very much Northstar will get much in the way of characterization)...Sigh.

Dana

-K-M-
07-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Completly agree with Dana

Phil
07-07-2009, 02:33 PM

SPOILER: Dark Beast is part of Dark X-Men, but he isn't Professor X as some assumed. Professor X is Mystique, which really should not be a shock.

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?p=35269#35269

;)

maniac mike
07-07-2009, 06:36 PM

SPOILER: Dark Beast is part of Dark X-Men, but he isn't Professor X as some assumed. Professor X is Mystique, which really should not be a shock.

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?p=35269#35269

;)

Read the issue and all I got to say is...

Damn Phil, you're good.