PDA

View Full Version : Quote, and Thoughts

Flightpath07
02-12-2009, 02:47 AM
I was just reading over the Marvel Spotlight: Dark Reign issue, and there is the Mighty Avengers interview section where they are interviewing new writer Dan Slott.

Dan says, "Norman's scope does not extend to the rest of the world. What you'll see with Mighty Avengers is that America isn't planet Earth, and that there are a lot of things going on outside American borders."

:idea:
And, there you have it, Alpha Flight lovers!

Wanting to know what will kick off the new Alpha Flight series?

Marevl will soon be focusing on what is happening OUTSIDE of America, probably a lot of it having to do with other countries (like Canada?) being unhappy having Norman Osborne wield that much power.

What do you think?

Legerd
02-12-2009, 04:13 PM
If it gets us a new AF series, I'll take it.

maniac mike
02-12-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm curious to see what is in store for Omega Flight in X-men. :?

Flightpath07
02-12-2009, 04:31 PM

As far as I can see, we have never been told Omega Flight, or Alpha Flight, is showing up in Uncanny X-Men. We know that Madison Jeffries is hanging out with Beast, and we have been told that a former Alphan will be joining the team (or was it "appearing in the book?"). Other than that...who is to say that Alpha or Omega will have ANY ties to X-Men comics?

Personally, i can see the new Alpha Flight being more in line with a Canadian Avengers-type roster. Protect Canada from the pyscho guy with all the power to the South, that sort of idea. "We do not any longer want the help of the U.S. to defend our country, thank you very much. USAgent is gone home, now please tell Mr. Pointer to take the Maple Leaf off of his chest and hitch-hike back to Alaska where he belongs...'cuz Alpha Flight is reborn!"

cmdrkoenig67
02-12-2009, 05:22 PM

As far as I can see, we have never been told Omega Flight, or Alpha Flight, is showing up in Uncanny X-Men. We know that Madison Jeffries is hanging out with Beast, and we have been told that a former Alphan will be joining the team (or was it "appearing in the book?"). Other than that...who is to say that Alpha or Omega will have ANY ties to X-Men comics?

Um...That would be here, FP...

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?p=34714&sid=99e3a83456a41b08539bcea8af2acff5#34714

Personally, i can see the new Alpha Flight being more in line with a Canadian Avengers-type roster. Protect Canada from the pyscho guy with all the power to the South, that sort of idea. "We do not any longer want the help of the U.S. to defend our country, thank you very much. USAgent is gone home, now please tell Mr. Pointer to take the Maple Leaf off of his chest and hitch-hike back to Alaska where he belongs...'cuz Alpha Flight is reborn!"

Ahhhhh...That would be wonderful. I might enjoy a new AF team consisting of the survivors (Sas, Snowbird, Talisman, Northstar and Aurora...Maybe Madison and Lil), but I'd really have a hard time reading it without Puck, Shaman and especially Heather...It just wouldn't be the same without them.

BTW: Much to some folks' claims to the contrary (myself, included on occasion), AF has always been more of a Canadian version of the Avengers (being that they are a govt team with various power-types as members,...Mutants, mystics, tech-enhanced heroes, aliens and even normal athletic types). The biggest difference was that the members of AF (for the most part) have all been Canadian citizens...Where the Avengers have sometimes had a more international membership.

I have always seen Alpha as a family unit team too, since there are many, many familial connection within the group (husband and wife: Mac and Heather, Heather being connected to Shaman and his daughter Elizabeth, Madison and Lil getting married, the twins Northstar and Aurora, Aurora and Sas being lovers, etc...)

They also shared a similarity to the Defenders in that they were for years, a "non-team" spread out across Canada (which I kind of liked).

Dana :cry:

Flightpath07
02-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks Dana, I had already forgotten about that OF quote!

Still think it has more to do with Pointer (who may be OF, but he will NEVER be AF) than anything else...

And great points on AF being like the Avengers, for the most part i would have to agree with you.

I always believed, back in the day, that AF would one day BECOME the Canadian Avengers franchise. Maybe it will still happen? Although,
with the only US Government sanctioned Avengers team now being led by

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT! AVERT EYES If YOU WANNA BE CLUELESS ABOUT DARK REIGN!

Norman "Iron Patriot" Osborne, I think Alpha Flight would only be the Canadian Avengers in spirit. But the spirit of the thing, that is what is important, right?

BTW, when are we ever going to get some word on who will be writing/drawing the new AF series?

varo
02-12-2009, 06:33 PM
i think we need to get confirmation on a alpha flight series existing before we can get a writer/artist.

i wouldn't be suprised if something stems out of the xmen books.

Legerd
02-12-2009, 09:13 PM
As far as I can see, we have never been told Omega Flight, or Alpha Flight, is showing up in Uncanny X-Men.

Matt Fraction said to "keep reading Uncanny," when asked about Omega Flight.

EDITED for correction.

Mokole
03-06-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm tired of the waiting for AF news. Nice that varo has gotten some responses. We've heard that news will come in April, but 'will' means 'maybe' in Marvelspeak now.

Anyone else have any insights beyond OF appearing in Avengers and later Uncany, if that even matters?

Trewqp
03-07-2009, 01:49 AM
I'm tired of the waiting for AF news. Nice that varo has gotten some responses. We've heard that news will come in April, but 'will' means 'maybe' in Marvelspeak now.

Cmon, we have waited this long. Something is good is going to come with AF, you'll see.

Just gotta wait a little bit longer...