PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine: Origins #33

HappyCanuck
02-22-2009, 02:27 AM
The original team has a flashback cameo, with direct reference to 'Hudson' being made by Nick Fury.

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/i/content/st/6979new_storyimage5172266_full.jpg

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/i/content/st/6979new_storyimage5172282_full.jpg

rplass
02-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Yar, already mentioned in this thread:

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=2566

But thanks for the reminder and for posting a link to preview pages with speech bubbles. The link in the other thread goes to a single page with no speech bubbles. Get on out there and buy this comic, folks!

Love,
rplass

-K-M-
02-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Wildchild makes a panel cameo, but anyone care to explain the exact blood relation Wolverine and James Hudson have together?

Not a fan of this retcon.

varo
02-25-2009, 09:53 PM
i didn't read it as that. i read it as the name macdonald was the same as the company's.

i may be wrong though.

varo
02-25-2009, 09:56 PM
nm, re-read it. he is related to mac.

Mystic
02-26-2009, 08:23 AM
As much as I don't like it, there is no telling really who wolverine has a blood relation with. The man was born in the 1800's. There could be any number of families branched off from the Howlett line.

Le Messor
02-28-2009, 08:02 PM
As much as I don't like it, there is no telling really who wolverine has a blood relation with. The man was born in the 1800's. There could be any number of families branched off from the Howlett line.

Spoilers:

Actually, the issue spells it out. Wolverine is Mac's cousin; Wolvie's uncle was Mac's grandfather.
Ooh, also, Mac and 'The Professor' (of Weapon X fame) are illegitimate half-brothers.

I'll let you form your own opinions.

- Le Messor
"Don't criticise the person who talks to himself; maybe he's the best company available."
- P.K. Shaw

rplass
03-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Eh, not too keen on the use of "illegitimate" to describe someone. Why not just say, "half-brothers" without saying "illegitimate"? The marital status of the parents at the time of conception is irrelevant to the blood relation.

I know plenty of perfectly "legitimate" people whose parents weren't married at the time of their conception and, unfortunately, plenty of people whose lives can be described as far, far worse than "illegitimate" whose parents were married by a priest and stayed married for 30 years. I wish that insulting word would just go away.

Anyway, rant over, yeah, Logan and Mac are first cousins, once removed. Don't get me started on what that means, most people just call it second cousins.

Love,
rplass

mos_def
03-16-2009, 02:47 AM
maybe thats why Mac keeps coming back

Le Messor
03-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Eh, not too keen on the use of "illegitimate" to describe someone. Why not just say, "half-brothers" without saying "illegitimate"?

It rated a mention here because in this case it means they probably don't even know each other exist.
Calling them half-brothers would imply (to me, at least) that they grew up together.

- Mik
"Our family name was Bornoutofwedlock. It's Scandanavian. Dad changed it when we came here."
- Bob Bastard (Dilbert animated)

-K-M-
04-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Victor Hudson (James Hudson's brother) made his apperance in the recent Origins comic.

mreeez
04-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Victor Hudson (James Hudson's brother) made his apperance in the recent Origins comic.

Hmm, can you say "New Guardian"?

HappyCanuck
04-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Hmm, well that explains one of the questions I've had about Mac all these years, namely if he has any family aside from his wife and daughter...

-K-M-
04-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah he's definetly not going to be the new Guardian, trust me on that.

Flightpath07
04-22-2009, 10:18 PM

Why do you say that? Insider information, or gut feeling?

-K-M-
04-22-2009, 10:52 PM

Why do you say that? Insider information, or gut feeling?

Just overall look of him, and his abilities.

EDIT: I would post an image of him, but the comic just came out today so I'll wait

Legerd
04-23-2009, 06:59 AM
Other than a single page I haven't seen anything of this story, but I have to ask: could this be the way Marvel brings back AF? I don't know Victor's powers/abilities (assuming he has any) but could he be used to revive AF, either from the dead or simply in a new form?
Yeah, I may be optimistic, but we're supposedly a couple of months away from an AF announcement, and they introduce a new Hudson brother... with a blood connection to Wolverine? I don't believe in coincidence.

-K-M-
04-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Very very unlikely this is how they bring back AF, also his powers is he is jusy a big brute with super strength

mreeez
04-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Very very unlikely this is how they bring back AF, also his powers is he is jusy a big brute with super strength

And he looks like Jason Vorhees.

I guess Mac got the brains and Victor got the brawn. Though you could argue the other way since Mac is dead and Victor is still kicking around.

-K-M-
04-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Oh and just to note, remember Victor is blind and mute too

Le Messor
04-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Oh and just to note, remember Victor is blind and mute too

Oh, he's that guy. When you described him as Jason, I thought he was one of Bedlam's Reavers(?).

What if that guy teamed up with DreamQueen? Freddy vs Jason all over again?

- Le Messor
"For every vision, there is an equal and opposite revision."