PDA

View Full Version : Captain Canuck Reprints

maniac mike
03-05-2009, 03:47 PM
I don't know if any of you guys saw this so I decided to post it...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20323

birdygirl
03-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks for posting this, Mike. I have some of the original "Captain Canuck" comics from the '70's, (back in New Jersey at my mother's house). They were a lot of fun to read.

Flightpath07
07-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Just recently got a used copy of Captain Canuck 7. Loved it. He should be leading Alpha Flight.

Adam
07-19-2009, 12:16 PM
I just picked the hardcover up the other day. It's a very handsome set, IDW did a great job with the packaging. Really sharp.

Storywise (and I'm only getting started with it) it's all over the place. A lot of fun in a 70s way but a little bit directionless overall. It was certainly setting out more to establish the character than to tell any grand overall story.

The art gets really nice as the series goes on as well. I've always thought George Freeman's art was quite distinctive.

Flightpath07
01-26-2010, 06:57 AM
Now own (happily) both volume 1 and volume 2, hardcovers, of Captain Canuck.

Really enjoyed reading Volume 1. Volume 2, only partway in, but not enjoying it as much.

Still, a classic piece of Canadiana, some real Canadian culture, and a great superhero in his own right.

Would still like to see him leading a new Alpha Flight...

bluebeetle73
02-03-2010, 02:21 AM
I had some of the original issues at one point and was actually a fan of CC when I was a kid. I originally picked up AF because I thought CC was in it, I was just a kid, but CC is partially responsible for my being and AF fan.
I just got Vol. 1, the 4 issues of Unholy War and have vol 2 on order. IDW did a good job with the collections, they look great.

Flightpath07
02-03-2010, 07:06 AM
Welcome aboard, bluebeetle73!

bluebeetle73
02-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Welcome aboard, bluebeetle73!

Thanks, but I've been here before, though it has been a while. I couldn't remember the username or pswrd for my old account so I just created a new one.

Flightpath07
02-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks, but I've been here before, though it has been a while. I couldn't remember the username or pswrd for my old account so I just created a new one.

I stand corrected. Well, okay, I'm sitting, but you get the idea...