PDA

View Full Version : DC B & S Questions

Flightpath07
03-12-2009, 06:22 PM
So, let me start by saying I am not a huge follower of DC comics.

That being said, i have loved Teen Titans for the last year or more, and have recently been enjoying Terror Titans and Secret Six as well.

Now, i have a few questions. Am i correct in that i have heard that Krypton has been reborn as a planet, and Superman is spending all of his time there? If so, what is up with that? Is it a "for real" thing?

Batman. Is he really dead? And, if so, is this not a rip-off of the death of Captain America, where the comic goes on by showing what his followers and friends are doing until he gets replaced? Mind you, i think that Batman SHOULD be dead. He is easily replaced, and it seems realistic somehow that a superhero without powers will eventually bite the bullet. I think Nightwing will make a great Batman. But, did we ever see Btaman die, or is he going to show up and make a miraculous "ta-da!" moment happen when everybody thinks he is dead and he shows up and saves the day? What is up with this? If he seemed to die, then how did this happen?

Mokole
03-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Apprarently, there' s new planet orbiting on the opposite side of the Sun in the same path as earth called New Krypton. I think it's supposed to be Kandor, the Bottle City, grown up.

Batman is 'dead' but not in the same sense as Cap. His essence is still alive, going throughout the cosmos/time. His body is 'dad' but his spirit lives until his body is reformed, I'm guessing.

Flightpath07
03-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Huh. I had completely forgotten about Kandor. Interesting. And...any ideas as to how it ended up where it did?

Essence floating through time? I seem to vaguely recall Deadman having something like that happen to him...or was that his essence floating through hell? Regardless, sounds like something a writer comes up with after eating too many pizzas with those "special" mushrooms on it...

Le Messor
03-14-2009, 09:31 PM
His body is 'dad'

Especially to Talia Al Ghul's son!

- Le Messor
"Flee at once, all is discovered."