PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Omega joins "Dark X-Men"

maniac mike
04-02-2009, 05:10 PM
'Nuff said!

http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/04/02/marvel-unleashes-dark-x-men/

Dfense75
04-02-2009, 05:27 PM
My first reaction was Woohoo!! The Guardian suit is free again!!

Mokole
04-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Yup, seems to be him alright.

Wonder when AF news is actually going to be released, still.

-K-M-
04-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Well Pointer is a mutant so makes sense, and Omega Flight looks to be disbanding soon unless they get some more members (I doubt they will just keep 3 members...now 2 if that's Pointer)

Flightpath07
04-03-2009, 04:44 AM
IF that is Pointer, then i think it is a good thing.

I know that i am not the only one who questioned how they could keep this guy a hero, he is seriously a disaster waiting to happen. Untrained, a killer, takes to crying a lot, doesn't want to be a hero, keeps getting duped and used by everybody around him, a power vampire who has to kill mutants to survive...HELLO?!?! What about this guy says "hero"? So, yeah, making him a bad guy, makes perfect sense.

Mind you, the other thing that makes sense is the new Alpha Flight team joining forces with the X-Men to take these guys down!

Go baby!
[Relax; unlike Trewqp, MY shirt will stay on at all times! :lol: ]

DelBubs
04-03-2009, 06:40 AM
Are they gonna be bad guys? Prof X, Cloak & Dagger etc. Maybe not hero's in the classic style, but not realy villians.

Flightpath07
04-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Are they gonna be bad guys? Prof X, Cloak & Dagger etc. Maybe not hero's in the classic style, but not realy villians.

Sorry, but look closely. They may LOOK like the heroes they are trying to pretend to be, but that is definitely NOT Charles Xavier or Emma Frost. Not unless Professor X got shot to the planet Saturn millions of years in the past and then came back to earth as a much younger version of himself (and we KNOW that nothing that stupid would ever happen, not even in a comic book...). :roll:

DelBubs
04-03-2009, 11:27 AM
You don't mean they could be dangly dopplers? Why that hasn't been done since Secret Invasion and that was ages back. Basing the whole concept of a book on villians pretending to be hero's is unique, but would be like a 'Thunderbolt' from the heavens if it was to be used.

And so on... :roll:

mos_def
04-03-2009, 02:10 PM
If thats Daken in the pic, then maybe I can see that pic working.
If its Logan, I dont thinkits happening. Snowbird got pissed when she saw Pointer. Whats Logan going to do? Snikt, thats what. The man killed Mac and Heather. He knows this. It isnt good

Loki
04-03-2009, 04:30 PM
If thats Daken in the pic, then maybe I can see that pic working.
If its Logan, I dont thinkits happening. Snowbird got pissed when she saw Pointer. Whats Logan going to do? Snikt, thats what. The man killed Mac and Heather. He knows this. It isnt good

Look at the claws - one below the wrist. That's Daken, not Wolverine.

Mokole
04-03-2009, 04:52 PM
I doubt it's professor X but he is sitting down and bald, and he has been asked to lead the Acolytes, so maybe it is him. Cloak and Dagger ain't exactly 'dark', but the rest of them sure can fit that role. Maybe zombie Jean Grey too, who I always thought was a villain even if the writers didn't push her that way often.

I guess then that Cloak is darker, you are right sir.

Flightpath07
04-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Cloak and Dagger ain't exactly 'dark'

I would disagree with you on Cloak; he is one scary dude.

Flightpath07
04-03-2009, 09:10 PM
A few thoughts...

Why would Dagger join this team? Surely she is smart enough to know that working for Norman Osbourne is not a good thing?

Unless...she isn't Dagger at all. Then, who is she, really?

And that would make sense, as I beleive that Cloak is...
...either Exodus (likely), or a re-powered Magneto (less likely).

Namor. Namor is a (sea)horse's arse, so i can totally see him on this team.

Wolverine in this photo is definitely Daken. Gosh, i really hate this character, and i seriously hope somebody kills him. But this is Marvel, so I doubt it - only Alpha Flight dies and stay dead, right?

Mimic. Why is this character so shadowed? Makes me wonder if it is really Angel. Only thing is, if you were trying to fool people into thinking this was the real X-Men, why would you have Angel dress up as Mimic? Any winged characters out there who hate the X-Men that anybody can think of?

Weapon Omega. We are all pretty convinced that this is Pointer. I guess this is what was meant when we were told to keep watching X-Men for more about Alpha Flight. Blech. Pointer is no more Alpha Flight than a bagel is real food!

The person who appears to be Emma Frost, seems to me to look more like a blonde Selene, the Black Queen. Look at her closely, she looks just like her!

Finally, i come to Professor Xavier. Looks like him. This is supposed to leave us with the feeling that, yup, yes indeed, this is Charles Xavier. Only, there is one thing that keeps popping into my head...
...Who would enjoy masquerading as Xavier more than the shape-changing Mystique!?!

So, that is my thoughts.
This picture, in my mind, shows;
Exodus (or Magneto) dressed as Cloak.
Mimic or Angel or another winged dude dressed as Mimic.
Namor as himself.
Daken dressed as Wolverine.
Michael "Mailman Mike" Pointer in a new Weapon Omega costume.
Selene the Black Queen dressed somewhat like Emma Frost.
Dagger possibly as herself (Maybe she does not know that it isn't Cloak?).
And Mystique pretending to be Professor X.

Yeah, that totally looks like Exodus. Same for Selene.
Look for yourselves!

I gotta give it to Marvel; they know how to get people talking...

One last thing, on Mimic -
could this also not be either Sunspot or Reignfire? Look at how the character's face is so heavily "shadowed", and observe what appears to be fire in the background, particularly heavy around this character. Could it be one of these two characters, in a winged suit to "mimic" Mimic?

rplass
04-03-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm not so sure it's Pointer. I'm leaning toward Omega Red. Just with the whole Omega on the costume, that's all.

I'm hoping it is Pointer, because continuing appearances by Pointer could possibly lead to the un-doing of the unfortunate events of New Avengers #16. It could also lead to more Alpha Flight member appearances, who knows?

Love,
rplass

Flightpath07
04-03-2009, 11:10 PM
And Pointer is an American. Forcing him to work for the Canadian government just doesn't make any sense.

Legerd
04-03-2009, 11:32 PM
What if the Omega character is Wild Child reprising his role as Weapon Omega?

Flightpath07
04-03-2009, 11:36 PM
What if the Omega character is Wild Child reprising his role as Weapon Omega?

From the stance, the Omega character appears to be flying or hovering.

Wild Child and Daken on the same team? A little overkill, wouldn't you say?

mos_def
04-04-2009, 01:31 AM
Weapon Omega is Mac....thats just pure hoping.
If it is Pointer, I guess killing your dad's 2nd cousin doesnt carry much weight, huh?
With Namor and Emma- would Osborne know 2 of his Cabal are joined forces. And if that is Xavier, then 2 of the Illuminiti are together

Mokole
04-04-2009, 01:41 AM
I'm not so sure it's Pointer. I'm leaning toward Omega Red. Just with the whole Omega on the costume, that's all.

Love,
rplass

I'm pretty sure it's Pointer, from the design and size of the character. Omega Red is quite a bit bigger, and Wild Child is bestial and a lot smaller.

Mimic is likely, Archangel maybe too. Daken is obvious, Namor too. Given what Dark Avengers is, then Cloak and Dagger could be Exodus and ??, Lady Mastermind as Emma, but I do think it's Prof X there, since they could be the Acolyte version of the X-Men. Or it could be nothing. But Having Pointer on X-men.... Worth it.

mos_def
04-04-2009, 03:27 AM
you mean...priceless

varo
04-04-2009, 06:53 AM
does this clear the path for alpha flight?

usagent is back in the us with the avengers.

beta ray is in space fighting galactus.

pointer is now with the dark avengers, with a new suit.

sooo......

Dfense75
04-04-2009, 08:58 AM
So...Arachne and Sasquatch are being a tad overwhelmed atm I would think. Also in the pages of New Avengers Dr. Strange is passing on the title of Sorcerer Supreme. All these magic characters are going to have a battle royale to see whom gets the title. They have barely magic characters in the tournament and of course Talisman is not there. Was very dissapointed to not see her considered for that story...Although Bendis is writing it. He must have been assaulted by a Canadian bully as a child.

Mokole
04-04-2009, 12:57 PM
One thing, I guess, is that it really isn't going to be a Dark Avengers style for sure (with Osborne playing Stark, Moonstone playing Marvel, Daken playing Wolverine, Bullseye playing Hawkeye, Venom as Spider-man).

Since Cloak and Dagger aren't X-Men, I doubt it's anyone playing at being them. Same with Pointer. Emma Frost could be Frost, but she could be really Selene or Lady Mastermind and not have to be an imitator. That leaves Mimic, who I doubt is imitating Archangel, and Professor X, who could be the only one being imitated. But given the character's history, it doesn't have to be.

HappyCanuck
04-04-2009, 04:47 PM
It could be Cassandra Nova pretending to be Xavier.

-K-M-
04-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Both Namor and White Queen are in Norman's cabal, it's very likely it is her.

maniac mike
04-04-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm wondering if "Cloak & Dagger" are really Dazzler and Darkling.

Flightpath07
04-05-2009, 03:55 AM
I'm wondering if "Cloak & Dagger" are really Dazzler and Darkling.

I thought about Dazzler as well, but why she would join up makes very little sense to me.

As for Darkling...you may be on to something there!

cmdrkoenig67
04-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Yaaaayyy! Good riddance, Pointer...Don't trip over the border on the way out of Canada.

Dana :D :D :D :D

Flightpath07
04-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Yaaaayyy! Good riddance, Pointer...Don't trip over the border on the way out of Canada.

Dana :D :D :D :D

I 2nd that!

-K-M-
04-07-2009, 02:12 AM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20697

"there is no “Dark X-Men” book. An image was leaked by Marvel of “Dark X-Men,” but there is no separate book (despite web gossip that there is). Fraction said fans only need to look to the upcoming “X-Men/Dark Avengers” crossover for answers to the image."

-K-M-
04-17-2009, 12:13 AM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/images/previews/marvelcomics/uncannyxmen/508/DRKXMEN001cov.jpg

rplass
04-21-2009, 11:56 PM
Ok, I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, sorry if it was...

Based on the July solicits, I believe the Dark X-Men storyline starts in UXM #513... so we have a few months to find out (#508 just came out last week) who that Omega dude is. The text of the solicit doesn't say.

Love,
rplass

Mokole
04-22-2009, 12:52 AM
This kind of confirms Weapon Omega:

http://www.newsarama.com/preview_images/marvelnew/july2009/28_dark_avengers_7.jpg

Flightpath07
04-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Not sure if this was mentioned, but...

After evading the Dark Reign (DR) for much of the year, the X-Men succumb to Norman Osborn's clutches when DARK X-MEN: THE BEGINNING #1 goes on sale. The issue, along with UNCANNY X-MEN #513, mark the first two chapters of the "Utopia" tie-in as the books set out to explain what happened to our mutants and how they wound up underneath Osborn's cloak of darkness.

...sounds like it IS an ongoing series, or at least a stand-alone issue all of it's own. Dark X-Men: The Beginning is its own series, at the very least.

Flightpath07
04-22-2009, 10:14 PM
This kind of confirms Weapon Omega:

http://www.newsarama.com/preview_images/marvelnew/july2009/28_dark_avengers_7.jpg

Still not convinced that is Pointer. It may be. But even that picture doesn't 100% convince me.
BTW, i cannot remember - were Cloak and Dagger able to fly? This picture definitely does not show them on the ground! Also, "Namor" clearly IS on the ground...so, could it not be Northstar, then?

Looks like this whole thing is being orchestrated by the female person in the back - i am guessing "Loki posing as Scarlet Witch"? Or perhaps Morgana Le Fay and Osborne are now working together?

HappyCanuck
04-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Still not convinced that is Pointer. It may be. But even that picture doesn't 100% convince me.

I'm on the fence on this matter, but it'd be a bit coincidental if it wasn't

BTW, i cannot remember - were Cloak and Dagger able to fly? This picture definitely does not show them on the ground!

I don't recall them able to fly, but Cloak is able to teleport, and Dagger looks more like she's diving. Perhaps Cloak teleported to his position, and Tandy went with him, diving at the Dark Avengers.

Also, "Namor" clearly IS on the ground...so, could it not be Northstar, then?

Just because Namor's on the ground, doesn't mean it's not him. Besides, Northstar can fly too, so that doesn't lend any credibility. Besides, in both solits I've seen, it's Namor based of demeanor and dress.

Looks like this whole thing is being orchestrated by the female person in the back - i am guessing "Loki posing as Scarlet Witch"? Or perhaps Morgana Le Fay and Osborne are now working together?

Might be Loki, but it looks more like Emma to me, and it's been shown that Emma is working with Osborne in his 'Dark Illuminati'.

-K-M-
04-22-2009, 11:33 PM
It's definetly not Northstar, and I would be down right shocked if it wasn't Pointer. Pointer actually makes sense and fits

The person in the White Queen (notice the fur collar), and not Loki.

Mokole
04-23-2009, 12:18 AM
They've said a lot that it is Emma Frost, Namor, Daken, and Cloak/Dagger. Weapon Omega may be called Weapon X now, or more likely Weapon Omega again.

Mystic
04-23-2009, 01:13 AM
I certianly hope that it is Pointer...that means that he will be out of the Guardian suit. As far as everyone else, I truly believe that that is Emma and Professor X (as far as the Professor, they can't ever decide how to draw him). I also believe that Mimic, Dark Wolvie, and Namor are who they really are, but Cloak and Dagger I'm not so sure about.

From everything that I can remember about Cloak, he couldn't manifest a physical form outside of the cloak, and that cloak clearly has a physical form outside of his cloak. That and those two joining a Dark X-Men team just makes absolutely no sense.

Just MHO

Trewqp
04-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Does anyone know what issues Weapon Omega will appear in?

Le Messor
04-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Namor did used to wear that exact costume.

Cloak can, indeed, do what we see; he's still wearing the cloak and has been seen doing that exact thing before.

- Le Messor
"For better or worse, man is the tool-using animal, and as such he has become the lord of creation."
- William Ralph Inge

Legerd
05-02-2009, 12:29 AM
It just suddenly struck me that "Dagger" could actually be Aurora. Think about it, flight, light generation... well that's all the powers I can figure they share, but if they needed a "Dark Dagger" Aurora's troubled personality and recent turn to the dark side with Weapon X might make her the perfect choice.

Flightpath07
05-02-2009, 12:37 AM
It just suddenly struck me that "Dagger" could actually be Aurora. Think about it, flight, light generation... well that's all the powers I can figure they share, but if they needed a "Dark Dagger" Aurora's troubled personality and recent turn to the dark side with Weapon X might make her the perfect choice.

Of course, in order for that to make the most sense, then the "Namor" figure would surely need to be Northstar.

Not getting my hopes up here (personally, Northstar and Aurora teamed up with Mikey Pointer, i think of that as a very BAD thing for the future of Alpha Flight), but if this were to be so, then surely X-Men is setting itself up for the return of Alpha Flight, right?

Mokole
05-02-2009, 02:31 PM
I can't see it being anybody but Pointer, Namor, and Cloak/Dagger, Daken, Mimic. Emma Frost would have to be there (each 'Dark' iteration has at least one member of the cabal on it) even if it is Namor. The character looks nothing like Northstar.

Plus, Dark Beast is on the team, so the bald guy could be a shaved/mutated Dark Beast with Emma being the psyche so they can fake him being Prof X.

The Dark X-Men are Emma's new 'Hellions', so to speak. Each member of the cabal wants their own piece of pie, so they need people in their pocket, their own team to help them against the rest of the cabal. Namor may be helping Emma, but if not he's not Northstar anyway.

And Daken is turning on Osborne.

Phil
05-13-2009, 09:40 AM
http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=21176

I'm working on a short story for the upcoming “Dark X-Men: The Beginning” miniseries. It focuses on Mystique, a character I previously wrote in the "Get Mystique" arc of “Wolverine.” And it'll be drawn by the amazing Jock.

Could Mystique be the Dark Xavier?

Tawmis
07-01-2009, 04:55 PM
I am pretty sure Cloak & Dagger are indeed who they are. The story with them is that Norman approaches them and promises to clear their record (of what, I am not sure).

ClawMaraud
09-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Norman Osborne Of Spider-Man and the Green Goblin? Huh? Been out of the comic world WAY too long. Osborn kicked the bucket a LONG time ago. Sheesh.

Flightpath07
09-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Norman Osborne Of Spider-Man and the Green Goblin? Huh? Been out of the comic world WAY too long. Osborn kicked the bucket a LONG time ago. Sheesh.

They refilled the bucket.