PDA

View Full Version : Aurora in Dark X-Men: The Beginning

Adam
08-21-2009, 08:54 AM
I think these previews are from the 3rd issue of Dark X-Men: The Beginning (Newsarama mashed a bunch of related previews together). The links below all prominently feature Aurora.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=1240&page=24

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=1240&page=25

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=1240&page=26

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=1240&page=27

varo
08-21-2009, 09:53 AM
so is she going to be in the dark xmen?

mos_def
08-21-2009, 11:12 AM
I may have been readin it wrong but wasnt Jeanne-Marie's split personality made whole by SHIELD after Northstars resurrection? If so, did the device split her personality once again?

Mokole
08-21-2009, 12:37 PM
I believe yes, the device did, and no, she isn't in Dark X-Men. It's just to show that not everyone approached actually joined.

cmdrkoenig67
08-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Argh! From the writing, I gather she's not really cured, anyway...She's just Jeanne Marie with access to Aurora's powers ("I don't drink, I don't curse).
If she were actually cured, she'd possess personality traits of both Jeanne Marie and Aurora, since the two personalities would be a merged whole.

Aurora is just being suppressed, then? That also means that Jean Paul isn't really "cured" of his Hand-induced evil streak.

Dana

-K-M-
08-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Not a fan of the red costume, but the comment about her easily going mach 50...yesh!

Flightpath07
08-21-2009, 06:15 PM
I like the red costume. Really really like it :twisted:
Reminds me of Snowbird's, but red where hers is blue.

cmdrkoenig67
08-22-2009, 11:30 AM
I think it's supposed to remind you of Aurora's costume...Just red where hers is black...LOL.

Dana

mos_def
08-22-2009, 02:00 PM
I think it looks like a transposed Canadian flag

-K-M-
08-22-2009, 05:52 PM
I think it's supposed to remind you of Aurora's costume...Just red where hers is black...LOL.

Dana

Yeppers haha

cmdrkoenig67
08-24-2009, 06:47 AM
Because wearing a red version of your costume makes you evil... :roll:

Sigh...

Dana

rplass
08-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Red costume :shock: Wow. Curvy. Curvier. Curviest.

I wonder if that shrink is Dr. Bosson (http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Bosson_Doctor) http://culinarymarvels.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/basson.jpg from issue #7. Looks as if she took him out in the parking lot pretty bad. Well, if she's wearing that thalamizer thingamabob, she's not really herself, so they can have a lot of fun with her. I love the pink bra on Osborn's head, nice touch.

This could lead to a big Northstar/Aurora thing if one's in the X-Men and other is in Dark X-Men. Sort of a re-hash of the big fight between the twins in issue #8? Well, I am very much looking forward to this issue, thanks for the tip, Adam!

Love,
rplass

-K-M-
08-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Interesting story, I enjoyed it but some odd reveals

[spoiler]Aurora doesn't join the Dark X-Men, and shows Green Goblin his place. Just to note its revealed Aurora has not 1-3 split personalities, but 8....yes 8 personalities.[End Spoiler]

Flightpath07
08-26-2009, 11:35 PM
" odd reveals "

Yes, reveals to which i say a resounding "Boo!"

Once again, screw with continuity, because it doesn't matter, it is only Alpha Flight. After all, nobody cares about these characters, right?

Right now, if it were not for my favourite non-Alphan character, Tigra, being featured regularly in Avengers Initiative, I would not be buying any more Marvel comics...

varo
08-27-2009, 12:15 AM
well, she doesnt have those, she said "the first thing i learned to do was create multiple personalties" and she seemed quite in control.

i thought they actually wrote her as a strong character.

-K-M-
08-27-2009, 12:57 AM

As did I, and a force to be reckoned with.

Flightpath07
08-27-2009, 01:05 AM

As did I, and a force to be reckoned with.

So, how long until they kill her off, then? :evil:

maniac mike
08-27-2009, 09:56 AM

I thought the same thing too.

sengsterooney
08-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Are there any female speedsters in the Marvel Universe who _do not_ have some kind of affliction? Spitfire is a vampire (!) and Aurora now has multiple personalities (again...?).

I did like the way she was written back in the issue of UXM where she was the CO of Northstar's Extreme Sports Company. This revelation in DXM: Beginnings seems to be a step back. :-(

Flightpath07
08-27-2009, 10:20 PM

I thought the same thing too.

Hmph. I guess I just do not give out compliments to Marvel anymore. When somebody steals everything from you, then when you cry about it they give you a boot in the face, and then months later they give you some crap that you do not even want, then they ignore your pleas for justice...and then when they finally give you a dollar of your own money back...would you thank them for it?

Not me.

Le Messor
08-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Hmph. I guess I just do not give out compliments to Marvel anymore. When somebody steals everything from you, then when you cry about it they give you a boot in the face, and then months later they give you some crap that you do not even want, then they ignore your pleas for justice...and then when they finally give you a dollar of your own money back...would you thank them for it?

Not me.

I've got Mik's feelings about this post... I think Marvel are still putting out quite a few good books (I won't try to recommend anything to you who've given up on them - your taste is your own)...
but I agree!

- Le Messor
"I don't wanna be a child of disgrace."
- Alice Cooper

Wildcard
08-30-2009, 12:13 AM
I thought Aurora was written as a very dangerous person and someone you dont want to mess with if you get on her bad side. I liked that. I thought the story showed just how powerful she could be. I think the fact that she gave Norman what-for and declined his offer, was a testament to her personality (personalities?).