PDA

View Full Version : Collection Completed

Flightpath07
10-16-2009, 12:53 AM
As discussed here, http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/2009/10/why-im-happy-northstar-mini-series-and.html , I now own all of the official AF comics.

Let em make that clear; not every issue they, or one of their members, has apppeared in. Rather, every official Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 3, ectetera, appearance. I completed my list yesterday, when i received the Northstar mini-series in the mail.

32 months of work, to get me from 0 issues, to where I am today. I'm broke, but I am happy.

X-Men/Alpha Flight Blast From The Past Issues 1 and 2
X-Men/Alpha Flight - The Gift
Alpha Flight mini-series issues 1 - 4
Alpha Flight Volume 1, issues 1 - 130
Alpah Flight Volume 1, Annuals 1 and 2
Alpha Flight Volume 2, issues 1 - 20
Omega Flight mini-series, issues 1 - 5
Omega Flight Trade Paperback
Alpha Flight Classics Trade Paperback Volume 1 (reprints AF Vol 1, issues 1-8)
Alpha Flight Volume 3 Trade Paperbacks 1 and 2 (reprints all issues of Vol 3)
Marvel Comics Presents Issues 1 - 12
Northstar mini-series issues 1 - 4

So, fellow Flight fans...am I missing anything?

rplass
10-16-2009, 01:20 AM
Congratulations! But what is Omega Flight and the Omega Flight tpb doing there!? Ack! (j/k)

To really complete your run, you should try to find:
- both printings of Alpha Flight #106
- the variant cover to Alpha Flight v2. issue #2
- the tpb of X-Men/Alpha Flight Blast From The Past
- the Alpha Flight v2 Annual (Inhumans crossover)
- Alpha Flight v2 minus 1 flashback issue
- the 2nd printing variant of Omega Flight #1
- the Weapon Omega tpb
- First Flight (a.k.a. Alpha Flight Special)
- Asgardian Wars (a tpb with The Gift reprinted), which is soon to be released in Hardcover, I can't wait

That will close out your collection of official AF comics.

Love,
rplass

Flightpath07
10-16-2009, 01:46 AM
Thanks rplass.

OF is in my list, becuz it is "Flight" in one way or another...

I will have to go back through my collection, i am pretty sure that I have a couple of those you mentioned, I must have just placed them in the wrong spot. I completely forgot about Vol 2 Annual, that one I will definitely have to get still.

Nuts! Foiled again!

rplass
10-16-2009, 03:14 AM
Ah, the joy of collecting, you're never done. You certainly hit a milestone there with the Northstar LS, very nice. I only have what, over 20 years on you and I'm still not done, so don't feel bad.

Hey, I'm off to the Big Apple Comic-con this weekend in NYC. While I'm not waiting in line to throw myself in front of a speeding bus for the great Bill Shatner (yesh!!!!! he's a guest, 1st time ever in NYC!), I'll be surfing the back issue tables for comics. I'll keep an eye out for the v2 Annual and if I find one in good shape, it's yours, man!

Love,
rplass

Flightpath07
10-16-2009, 04:49 AM
Ah, the joy of collecting, you're never done. You certainly hit a milestone there with the Northstar LS, very nice. I only have what, over 20 years on you and I'm still not done, so don't feel bad.

Hey, I'm off to the Big Apple Comic-con this weekend in NYC. While I'm not waiting in line to throw myself in front of a speeding bus for the great Bill Shatner (yesh!!!!! he's a guest, 1st time ever in NYC!), I'll be surfing the back issue tables for comics. I'll keep an eye out for the v2 Annual and if I find one in good shape, it's yours, man!

Love,
rplass

"I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!" :o :D :D :D

Phil
10-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Was there a tpb of X-Men/Alpha Flight Blast From The Past?

rplass
10-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Ack, no it wasn't.

OK there's
1985:

- X-Men/Alpha Flight issues #1 and #2 The Gift
- which was reprinted as a tpb
- and also reprinted in Asgardian Wars
- and also soon to be reprinted in HC

Then there was the 2-issue 1998 series
- X-Men/Alpha Flight "Blast from the Past" issues #1 and #2

That's what I meant. Oh please I hope I didn't drive the poor guy crazy looking for it online, sorry man.

Love,
rplass

Flightpath07
10-17-2009, 02:35 AM
Too late :twisted: - already AM crazy (must be, to hang out here with you all, trying to honor a bunch of dead superheroes)!

rplass
10-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Ah, the dollar bin is good to me. I was able to find a great copy today of the 1998 annual at the convention. Send me your address by PM and I'll ship it out!

Love,
rplass

Flightpath07
10-18-2009, 04:47 AM
Ah, the dollar bin is good to me. I was able to find a great copy today of the 1998 annual at the convention. Send me your address by PM and I'll ship it out!

Love,
rplass

You...Rock!

\:D/ \:D/ =D> =D> \:D/ 8) \:D/

How was Shatner?

cmdrkoenig67
10-18-2009, 06:32 AM
Too late :twisted: - already AM crazy (must be, to hang out here with you all, trying to honor a bunch of dead superheroes)!

That made me quite sad, FP...I miss AF! :cry:

Dana :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Flightpath07
10-18-2009, 07:58 AM

That made me quite sad, FP...I miss AF! :cry:

Dana :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hell-o!
You must have missed - http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=2697&sid=f7408b0df9f60b1d5ba84da48f6b6bdf -
or"Why Is This Important" thread, where I complain about the lack of Canadian heroes, and why Alpha Flight is so important!