PDA

View Full Version : Pointer's future as Guardian/Vindicator/Weapon Omega

SNOWCHILD
01-11-2010, 12:22 PM
So what's the deal?
Is this another wasted chance to bring back the Guardian persona?
What's the future of Michael Pointer?

Why on hell does MARVEL use Alpha Flight or any character related to Alpha Flight as loose cannon? I'm so pissed off.

-K-M-
01-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Pointer is no longer Guardian and is currently in Dark X-Men under the name as Weapon Omega. After he left Canada to join the X-Men, Omega Flight disbanded.

SNOWCHILD
01-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Pointer is no longer Guardian and is currently in Dark X-Men under the name as Weapon Omega. After he left Canada to join the X-Men, Omega Flight disbanded.

At least he is wearing the Canadian premier supercostume.

What about these Dark X-Men? Please, remember I'm in Italy. Are they villains? o_O

-K-M-
01-12-2010, 08:17 PM
At least he is wearing the Canadian premier supercostume.

What about these Dark X-Men? Please, remember I'm in Italy. Are they villains? o_O

Actually he doesn't wear that anymore and has a new costume:

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/Dark%20X-Men.jpg
*He's the one to the right with the Omega symbol on his chest:

Here's a wikipedia entry about them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_X-Men

SNOWCHILD
01-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Actually he doesn't wear that anymore and has a new costume:

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/Dark%20X-Men.jpg

Here we are. Goodbye Guardian.

-K-M-
01-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Here we are. Goodbye Guardian.

Yep, Pointer is somewhat of a villian now as he even walked into a room where the Dark Beast removed the brain off someone and he didn't even comment on it.

The name and image of Guardian is up for grabs again.

Mokole
01-14-2010, 12:07 AM
All Omega (that's what they call him now, not Weapon Omega) ever could become was a villain. He was a power vampire who couldn't control his ability and can be taken over by whomever's power he steals.

SNOWCHILD
01-14-2010, 09:11 AM
This sucks on so many levels.
I loved the idea he was willing to redeem himself. I loved his powers and the fact he presumibly killed off the former team (temporal copies?) and he was now set to pay the price of it.

And, of course, it was a golden chance to see the Guardian persona making a consistent comeback!

Marvel just hates AF.

Flightpath07
01-15-2010, 02:08 AM
Marvel just hates AF.

You hit the nail on the head with that one...

MistressMerr
01-15-2010, 02:45 AM
Marvel just hates AF.

Right, because Pointer as Guardian is so universally beloved by AF fans. :roll:

Flightpath07
01-15-2010, 03:34 AM
Marvel just hates AF.

Right, because Pointer as Guardian is so universally beloved by AF fans. :roll:

Yeah, but if Marvel loved AF, they would have used Pointer to bring back a REAL Guardian. Instead of Wolverine kicking his arse (and there is nothing original about Wolverine doing something in a Marvel book, is there?), it would have been AF doing it, to get back at him for besmirching Mac's good name (not to mention killing him!).

So, I stand by my statement - Marvel hates Alpha Flight. Unfortunately so.

Until Marvel actually starts listening to their fans, they no longer get my business. I no longer buy ANY new comics. Instead, I am scouring back-bins for old copies of Moon Knight, Micronauts, West Coast Avengers (the best written team series, outside of early Alpha Flight, ever), and Werewolf By Night.

Le Messor
01-16-2010, 06:19 PM

Especially the 'he's a vampire' level...

Marvel just hates AF.

Unfortunately, it was another nail in AF's coffin.

- Le Messor
"Whoever gossips to you will gossip of you."
- Spanish proverb

Flightpath07
01-16-2010, 06:54 PM
SNOWCHILD wrote:

Especially the 'he's a vampire' level...

GROAN... :roll:

Le Messor
01-17-2010, 01:32 AM

Snow, I've just figured out nobody's answered that - 'least, not on this thread.

When Norman Osborn took over SHIELD (now HAMMER), he made a team of Dark Avengers, characters that looked like the Avengers the people knew but were secretly villains. Scorpion (with the Venom symbiote) plays Spider-Man; Bullseye plays Hawkeye, Dakken (Wolverine's son) as Wolverine, etc... Norman Osborn himself is a combination of Iron Man and Captain America: Iron Patriot.

Then, a while later, they created a similar team of Dark X-Men. It included, originally, Emma Frost, Namor, Cloak and Dagger, and others.

They're villains playing heroes, basically.

- Le Messor
"When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen."
- Ernest Hemingway

Mokole
01-17-2010, 02:03 AM
And right now the Dark X-Men are Mystique, Omega, Dark Beast from the Age of Apocalypse (another really, really boring character; how many Mengeles does Marvel need??), and the non-mutant, way back, X-men foe Mimic. Some sources list Daken, but he ain't a part of the team. Omega, it seems, is more nuts than ever before, and to be honest, given his skill set and personality, that's how he has to be written.

SNOWCHILD
01-17-2010, 08:05 AM

Snow, I've just figured out nobody's answered that - 'least, not on this thread.

When Norman Osborn took over SHIELD (now HAMMER), he made a team of Dark Avengers, characters that looked like the Avengers the people knew but were secretly villains. Scorpion (with the Venom symbiote) plays Spider-Man; Bullseye plays Hawkeye, Dakken (Wolverine's son) as Wolverine, etc... Norman Osborn himself is a combination of Iron Man and Captain America: Iron Patriot.

Then, a while later, they created a similar team of Dark X-Men. It included, originally, Emma Frost, Namor, Cloak and Dagger, and others.

They're villains playing heroes, basically.

- Le Messor
"When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen."
- Ernest Hemingway

OH GOD, what's the point? Marvel is really sinking like a torpedo. What's the point in this messy and stupid storyline? This is just a mess. How many X-Crappy teams are out of there now?

Thank you for the summary, anyway.

Le Messor
01-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Mokole,

Thanks! I'd forgotten the current line-up. (Especially Mimic, for some reason.)

Marvel is really sinking like a torpedo. What's the point in this messy and stupid storyline? This is just a mess. How many X-Crappy teams are out of there now?
Thank you for the summary, anyway.

Welcomes... but I don't think this one is so bad. It makes sense, and kind of works.
But there are way, way too many X-Teams; won't disagree there.

- Le Messor
"The future depends on what we do in the present."
- Gandhi