PDA

View Full Version : Eaglemoss Snowbird figurine

Ryan Maxwell
01-11-2010, 05:47 PM
A work in progress. Release date in the UK is November 3rd, about 2-3 months later in the US and Canada.

http://i48.tinypic.com/34g8oy9.png

Ryan Maxwell
01-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Discussion of the Guardian figure released in 2009

http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=2553

MistressMerr
01-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Ooh, from that little lead statue series with the magazines! I ordered Banshee back when it came out, and I really liked it, I'll definitely have to pick this one up.

Phil
01-11-2010, 08:17 PM
November?

*sulks*

SNOWCHILD
01-11-2010, 09:29 PM
I don't like the face - it doesn't resemble Narya so much - but the body is astonishing.

Aside from technical considerations, big kudos to the renewed popularity of SNOWBIRD! 8)

DelBubs
01-15-2010, 05:14 PM
I've heard whispers of a Sasquatch and maybe a Northstar/Aurora double pack. Any news on these? Out of the loop for a while, have I missed anything of interest?

Le Messor
01-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah, that's a cool figure! Agree on the face, but it looks a little more Indian to me, for some unknown reason, so I'm ferrit.

- Le Messor
"I regard golf as an expensive way of playing marbles."
- G.K. Chesterton

SNOWCHILD
01-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Yeah, that's a cool figure! Agree on the face, but it looks a little more Indian to me, for some unknown reason, so I'm ferrit.

- Le Messor
"I regard golf as an expensive way of playing marbles."
- G.K. Chesterton

Yeah, she looks more... "proud" and "aggressive", somewhat.

DarkSnowbird
01-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Am excited about this, I already have a few of the figurines.

Ryan Maxwell
02-01-2010, 01:44 PM
I've heard whispers of a Sasquatch and maybe a Northstar/Aurora double pack. Any news on these? Out of the loop for a while, have I missed anything of interest?

Nothing confirmed on any other AF members. The editor of the series has expressed a lot of interest in doing a twins two-pack, Sasquatch or a Sasquatch/Puck two-pack. Hopefully we'll hear something before too long.

SNOWCHILD
02-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Nothing confirmed on any other AF members. The editor of the series has expressed a lot of interest in doing a twins two-pack, Sasquatch or a Sasquatch/Puck two-pack. Hopefully we'll hear something before too long.

Why not an Alpha Flight pack? The original team...

Ryan Maxwell
02-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Eaglemoss still isn't sure the two-pack idea works (they've released two so far, Charles Xavier and Lilandra & Ka-Zar and Zabu), and they aren't interested in doing team packs at this point. Pretty unlikely we'll ever see one for any team.

suzene
03-13-2010, 07:18 PM
No sneak-peek yet, but a Northstar figure has been confirmed as upcoming for the Eaglemoss Marvel line.

Confirmed here. (http://marvel-figurines.blogspot.com/2010/03/complete-inhuman-line-up.html)

Kal Brindle
03-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Richard the Editor from Eaglemoss has confirmed Northstar's inclusion in the current extension of 20 figures, but is still allowing that the figure may be pulled out of production if the company green-lights another two pack so he can be made with his sister Aurora. Either way it's a win win scenario if you're a collector of these awesome figures or an Alpha Flight fan (both of which I happen to be).

Richard also recently said that he's considering a two pack of Sasquatch and Puck as well, but that too will be dependent on whether or not he company will continue making the two packs at all. Sasquatch due to his size will be the same size as the Gorilla Grodd figurine from the DC collection (a very hefty figure btw).

As for the Snowbird sculpt - in a desert you don't turn down the only water going. It is a beautiful start and not yet completed, though in this scale many of the female figures faces are a little (hmnn...how best to say it?) Man - ish. Trust me this is good one.