PDA

View Full Version : Snowbird in HERCULES: FALL OF AN AVENGER #1

mreeez
03-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Again she gets round that pesky can't leave Canada thing. Was that restriction permanently taken away after her God Squad stint?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=4661&disp=table

-K-M-
03-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Wasn't supposed to be (She needs permission to leave Canada from Hodiak), but I guess more Marvel writers want to use her so without the restriction they can.

Also nice face on Snowbird haha

Ben
03-12-2010, 01:37 PM

-K-M-
03-12-2010, 02:14 PM
haha

SNOWCHILD
03-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Again she gets round that pesky can't leave Canada thing. Was that restriction permanently taken away after her God Squad stint?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=4661&disp=table

It's a nice time to be such a Snowbird fan like me. Hahaha.

SNOWCHILD
03-13-2010, 08:04 PM

W-what? What's happening here?

Ben
03-13-2010, 08:11 PM
she's so bee-u-ti-full!

SNOWCHILD
03-13-2010, 08:12 PM
she's so bee-u-ti-full!

No wait. Is that panel true?

Le Messor
03-14-2010, 12:08 AM
No wait. Is that panel true?

Um... no. Ben Photoshopped it.

In the original, she has the face of The Question.

- Le Messor
"Goodness speaks in a whisper, evil shouts."
- Tibetan proberb

suzene
03-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Twofer. Northstar makes an appearance in this issue as well.

-K-M-
03-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Interesting didn't expect him to be in it.

Im going to get the comic tommorow.

EDIT: Someone told me the reason Northstar was in it...but part of me thinks he is joking, and other half isn't so sure.

suzene
03-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Interesting didn't expect him to be in it.

Im going to get the comic tommorow.

EDIT: Someone told me the reason Northstar was in it...but part of me thinks he is joking, and other half isn't so sure.

I'm pretty sure he isn't, given Northstar's personality and how delightfully attentive the writers have been to skewing Herc toward a more...ah...classic take on the myths. ;)

-K-M-
03-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Yeah that's why I had my doubts if he was kidding as it is completly in character for Herc.

MistressMerr
03-18-2010, 01:32 AM
If anyone wants to see the Northstar panel, I just got my friend to put it up on her Tumblr, f***yeahmarvel, just replace the censored part of the URL with you-know-what.

http://****yeahmarvel.tumblr.com/post/455919844/oh-hercules-and-your-marissa-cooper-like-downward

BRB, laughing forever. Oh, Herc.

suzene
03-18-2010, 02:33 AM
The more I think on Northstar being there, the more I bet there was some arm-twisting done beforehand.

Northstar: Narya? What are you doing here...? Non. Absolutely not. There is no reason for me to be there.
Snowbird: He stood as a friend to Marrina. More than a friend to me. And to you.
Northstar: It was one night. Not even the entire night.
Snowbird: But was it not a very fine night, Jean-Paul? One worthy of remembrance?
Northstar: *sigh* Fine. After the year we have had, one more funeral will not kill me...

MistressMerr
03-18-2010, 04:32 AM
The more I think on Northstar being there, the more I bet there was some arm-twisting done beforehand.

Northstar: Narya? What are you doing here...? Non. Absolutely not. There is no reason for me to be there.
Snowbird: He stood as a friend to Marrina. More than a friend to me. And to you.
Northstar: It was one night. Not even the entire night.
Snowbird: But was it not a very fine night, Jean-Paul? One worthy of remembrance?
Northstar: *sigh* Fine. After the year we have had, one more funeral will not kill me...

Haha, yes. I love that she was the one who called him out on it, of COURSE she'd know. XD

-K-M-
03-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Got it today and it was pretty good. Nice summary of past stories and nice little bits we have never heard before. Art at places was something to be desired, but still not bad.

Northstar scene was pretty funny, and glad it was Snowbird that called him out haha

jay042
03-19-2010, 12:55 AM
Of course, I'm wondering about the "when" of Jean Paul and Herc's hookup. About the only time it could have happened (and Narya was around to be aware of it) would have been around the time of Namor and Marrina's wedding.

-K-M-
03-19-2010, 01:15 AM
Could be, I wouldn't have even thought Hercules would be Northstar's type to be honest.

suzene
03-19-2010, 04:06 AM
Could be, I wouldn't have even thought Hercules would be Northstar's type to be honest.

If I squint, I can see it. If JP could go for Walter, I could see him being charmed by another big, hairy brute (even if he'd never admit to it). Or maybe the Atlantian wedding toasts just hit the speedster metabolism really hard. ;)

Le Messor
03-20-2010, 07:53 PM

:) Depends on if it's one of his own or not.

- Le Messor
"Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavour."
- Truman Capote

Alpha Fan
03-21-2010, 06:59 PM
I've just read in another forum about Northstar's role in the issue and I gotta say I'm pretty surprised. A few things:

1) Hercules can be Northstar's type or don't you remember that it was clearly hinted that he and Hector (who resembles Hercules) had something years ago in an Incredible Hulk issue?

2) Hercules had sex with both men and women in classic mythology so it makes sense for Marvel's version of him.

3) I've read in the other forum that the only moment in which they could have had been "together" would be in the Alpha Flight/Avengers crossover during Mantlo's run. It makes sense.

I'm also glad Snowbird makes an appearance but it's a pity this is the only book in which she's been appearing for the last couple of years and only as some kind of guest star :(

Le Messor
03-22-2010, 04:51 AM
1) Hercules can be Northstar's type or don't you remember that it was clearly hinted that he and Hector (who resembles Hercules) had something years ago in an Incredible Hulk issue?

You mean the wedding of Rick and Marlo? JP's appearance in that always bugged me...

I mean, he's never met either of them, at least 'onscreen', so why'd he get invited?

- Le Messor
"Give a skeptic an inch and he'll measure it."