PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #4

Le Messor
03-14-2010, 03:46 AM
I've just read the hardcover version (hence the page numbering, below), and I ran into an easter egg I didn't even know was there.
{guardian}

Yep, we get to see Logan hear about - and react to - Mac's death.
Cool, dés'-né?

- Le Messor
"Give as much care to the end as to the beginning, then there will be no failure."
~ Lao Tzu

bigbloo
03-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Very cool, and this is a lead in to his appearance in Mac's Funeral.

rplass
03-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Hey thanks! Good find. If only a certain writer (who shall not be named) had read that page, we wouldn't have gotten the stupidest panel ever to appear in a comic book:

http://alphaflightcollector.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/newave17.jpg?w=182&h=204
Wolverine's reaction to Alpha Flight Death (from New Avengers #17) courtesy of the world's stupidest jerk who I hate.

I never knew about that page, Le Messor, thanks so much for posting it!

Love,
rplass

Le Messor
03-14-2010, 03:42 PM
I think one of the things that makes it cool is that we're talking about a five-issue limited series, and it still takes the time out for something that's very important to the character, but irrelevant to the plot at hand.

I think that shows a dedication to character, a sign of good writing.

I've been thinking about reviewing New Avengers #16, just so we can see what a really negative maple leaf rating looks like (even my one-maple-leaf ratings have been just because AF aren't really there, not because their appearance sucked). Problem is, I don't know how to do negative maple leafs.

- Le Messor
"Give what you have. To someone it may be better than you dare to think."

~ Longfellow