PDA

View Full Version : Favorite version of Kyle?

Raja
04-22-2010, 10:48 PM
What's your favorite version of Kyle's portrayals?

suzene
04-23-2010, 02:38 AM
I'm still a fan of the Byrne-era Wildchild. He was just so much fun to loathe, which is what I look for in a villain.

-K-M-
04-23-2010, 08:41 AM
I really liked Weapon Omega.

Raja
04-23-2010, 10:01 AM
I really liked Weapon Omega.

Weapon Omega had class. I wish more writers would take a cue from this portrayal. He was skilled, witty and intelligent, and he knew how good he was.

Le Messor
04-24-2010, 10:29 PM
I like the Byrne version because it's the only one with a trace of originality.
Though Weapon Omega comes second.

- LM
Grande's Law: "Always do what your boss would do if he knew what he was talking about."

Flightpath07
04-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Unhinged psychotic for me! Er... that is the Kyle i like, i mean.

I like 'em all, though, all but the bald one.

-K-M-
04-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Yeah Weapon X (vampire-look) was my least favorite, then followed by teenage X-Factor Wild Child....actually their tied for last for me.

Mrfurious87
07-08-2010, 11:51 PM
easily byrne as he created him so he knew how to draw and portray him

Le Messor
07-10-2010, 09:11 PM
easily byrne as he created him so he knew how to draw and portray him

What, are you saying that means nobody else does?

... coz, uh, I'd agree with that.

Also, beautiful photoshop.

- Le Messor
"He doesn't know when he's beaten, this boy. He doesn't know when he's winning, either. He doesn't have any sort of sensory apparatus known to man."
~ Monty Python

Mrfurious87
07-10-2010, 09:15 PM
thx not my own I wish but ya no one ever got the right wild child besides byrne, john didnt just write him as crazy their was method in his madness

DIGGER
07-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Byrne's version would be my fave just because his behavior actually suited his name. Wild Child appeared to be just that, a person who did things just for the heck of it and had the ability to go "wild". Yes Weapon Omega was eloquent but jeez, Alpha had very few original opponents and Kyle/Wild Child/Weapon Omega should have stayed the way he originally appeared.

Le Messor
07-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Digger:

Hear, hear!

- Le Messor
"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I ever met."
~ Abraham Lincoln

Alpha Rider
07-18-2010, 11:16 AM
I didn't like the way Wild Child was transformed either, but when appeared with Gamma Flight he seemed toned down somehow. He lacked his killer edge.

Duane V
04-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Byrne Needs to be brought back to Marvel, and I'm all for them doing it with this title.

Duane V
04-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Byrne's version would be my fave just because his behavior actually suited his name. Wild Child appeared to be just that, a person who did things just for the heck of it and had the ability to go "wild". Yes Weapon Omega was eloquent but jeez, Alpha had very few original opponents and Kyle/Wild Child/Weapon Omega should have stayed the way he originally appeared.

Byrne's version was the BEST Version!

Duane V
04-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Unhinged psychotic for me! Er... that is the Kyle i like, i mean.

I like 'em all, though, all but the bald one.

Yeah, I Really REALLY Hope every damned Avengers title Without the core members gets to DIE OFF PANEL in ALPHA FLIGHT. Isn't Every Marvel character now OFFICIALLY in the Avengers, including all the surviving member of the Fantastic Four. Ridiculous. Someone ANYONE needs to Kill off ALL the extraneous versions ASAP.

Flightpath07
04-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Someone ANYONE needs to Kill off ALL the extraneous versions ASAP.

Kyle will do it! "Let's ask Kyle; he'll do it. He'll do anything" (not an exact quote, partially stolen from Life brand cereal commercials)

mos_def
04-10-2011, 09:33 AM
I voted the Byrne version myself. I also thought when Kyle appeared in Marvel Presents those where good too. It wasnt Byrne but it wasnt Nicieza version but it was more implied it was Byrne version. I didnt like Weapon Omega at all. If I loved the Byrne version, with all his issues then why would I like the complete opposite of Kyle in Weapon Omega? Its like if I like a band for their hard rock and then they start singing soft love songs. I want the hard rock

Le Messor
04-11-2011, 06:06 AM
If I loved the Byrne version, with all his issues then why would I like the complete opposite of Kyle in Weapon Omega?

True dat. 'In name only' is the single most frustrating trope in the world for me.
OTOH, some of the best songs are when a hard rockin' band does a soft ballad...

- Le Messor
"I took a risk when I hired you, Manny. Many people would have said 'Who is this rudderless hippy? How do I get away from him? Has he got a hunting knife strapped to his shin?'."
~ Evan

Legerd
04-11-2011, 10:00 PM
I always liked the original Wild Child's looks, but I'd like to see that with Weapon Omega's personality like they did in X-Factor, but with less emo. Kind of what they did with Nightcrawler, only Kyle wouldn't be as positive as Kurt was.