PDA

View Full Version : Weird non-news might be news?

rplass
07-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Picked up the new X-Men #1 today, fully expecting to see either Northstar or Jeffries in the new vampire story line. Strangely, in the extensive appearance of the Science Team, no Jeffries. Just completely missing, where he ought to have been. It was sort of a medical scene, not so much tech, but it gave me the willies to think something might have happened to him in the yet-as-concluded Second Coming storyline. I'm just being paranoid, right?

Love,
rplass

Alpha Rider
07-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Uh...sure.;)

Phil
07-09-2010, 05:02 PM
He's alive and well in the ad for #2

Is This The Worst Comics PR Piece Ever Released? http://bcool.bz/dxunNR

-K-M-
07-09-2010, 05:55 PM
I was actually going to make the exact same post rplass. I was pretty suprized he never showed up.

rplass
07-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Oh what a relief!!! So glad to see that image! Thanks, I'm understandably paranoid about Alpha Flight deaths, I suppose.

Love,
rplass

Mokole
07-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Well, from comicbookreasources, more non news but a chance to pesterize...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27096

Just like we've done with Cup O' Joe, we're going to be asking fans for questions for future installments of Marvel T&A to pick your brains. So I hope you're ready for a lot of questions about where Alpha Flight is...
Brevoort: [Laughs] They're in Canada!

Le Messor
07-10-2010, 09:28 PM
That's a huge relief. I really, really did not want to buy this (picture a nasty adjective, insert it here ) issue, but I'd have 'had to' if there was an Alpha appearance.

(Sorry, I've been seeing promos, and it really, utterly fails to appeal - see that article I wrote about how cold that cover is. Okay, wait to see if I bother writing that article and posting it, then see it...)

- Le Messor
Gomez: "He has my father's eyes."
Morticia: "Gomez, take those out of his mouth."

cmdrkoenig67
07-25-2010, 05:06 AM
I just think it's really odd that the X-Men's foes all seem to be demons and the "undead" lately...First: Demons of Limbo, then risen-from-the-dead techno-mutants (I will never understand why the writers chose to completely resurrect Cypher/Doug Ramsey, though...Seriously?...Cypher?...I just don't get it :confused:) and now vampires....Aaarrgh!

Dana

EDIT: I didn't even think about the whole "religious" aspects of Messiah Complex and Second Coming...Aaargh again.

cmdrkoenig67
07-25-2010, 05:16 AM

Just like we've done with Cup O' Joe, we're going to be asking fans for questions for future installments of Marvel T&A to pick your brains. So I hope you're ready for a lot of questions about where Alpha Flight is...

Aaaarrrrghhhh!!! I really, really do not like those two (JoeQ and The Brevoort)!

DIGGER
07-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Aaaarrrrghhhh!!! I really, really do not like those two (JoeQ and The Brevoort)!

Can I use the word "TOOLS" to describe these two guys or would that be inappropriate? Just asking.

DIGGER

Le Messor
07-25-2010, 08:22 AM
Well, you are a digger. You should know a tool when you see one.

... as long as you don't call Annette a tool.

- Le Messor
Willow: "He said he wasn't coming back until he'd driven to all fifty states."
Buffy: "Did you explain about Hawaii?"
Willow: "Well, he seemed so determined."

DIGGER
07-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Don't have her number.

DIGGER

mreeez
07-26-2010, 12:04 PM

I actually took this as good news, he didn't say they were dead.

Than again, how sad is it that a chuckling comment is taken as good news.

Legerd
07-27-2010, 11:10 PM
I've already put a question in on the T&A thread about AF. Why don't we swamp them with questions and teach them a lesson?

suzene
07-27-2010, 11:26 PM
I've already put a question in on the T&A thread about AF. Why don't we swamp them with questions and teach them a lesson?

Because Quesada and Brevoort have admitted to spiteful fan-baiting, to the point where Quesada has said that pissing off fans is one of his goals? Seems like that trying to "teach them a lesson" might be a good way to get a few more Alphans killed off.

Trodorne
07-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Jeffries is working on a way to help kitty pryde in Uncanny X-men #526. as well one of the new lights that had started glowing one of the first ones visited is in vancouver. just thought id let you know.

cmdrkoenig67
07-29-2010, 02:48 AM
I've seen a pic of the new mutant dude from Vancouver...

SPOILER...
He looks like another feral mutant, possibly (and unfortunately) like Wolverine, Sabretooth, Wild Child, etc...Why, oh just why?!

http://afghanant.wordpress.com/2010/07/14/new-generation-of-hope-revealed-sort-of/

EDIT: Now I'm confused...I've seen one image of the X-Men's Cerebra world map (link above) with the feral dude being from Vancouver, but in the preview I just read online, it's a girl who's just discovering she's a mutant in Vancouver (link below)...Dude looks like a lady, then a dude again? I don't get it.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=5862

-K-M-
07-29-2010, 06:19 PM
haha another feral Canadian? Oh my.

cmdrkoenig67
07-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Canada has already cornered the comic market on feral mutants...Do they really need more (if indeed, that's what this new "mutant" is)...LOL!

Dana

DIGGER
07-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Canada has already cornered the comic market on feral mutants...Do they really need more (if indeed, that's what this new "mutant" is)...LOL!

Dana

Marvel must think there is something strange in the water up here.

DIGGER

Legerd
07-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Don't you guys know? Most of us are feral up here, even those who aren't mutants. Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go file my teeth before I go out to kill something for dinner.

-K-M-
07-29-2010, 10:45 PM
I'm thinking maybe they put the wrong image for the Vancouver mutant and it's supposed to be the "blue" girl. As this pic is definetly a man

http://www.digitalspy.com/comics/news/a239638/new-generation-of-hope-continues.html

Mokole
07-30-2010, 01:29 PM
I actually had the same idea, that they had the wrong picture with the Vancouver mutant girl. Maybe she can change into a very masculine character or she's the blue girl; after all, in the preview she's losing her hair so I guess it could go either way, she 'mutates' into a guy or into that blue apocalypse version.

However, on a second look you can clearly see the blue tinge she's developing panel by panel. More blue in the last shot we see of her.

cmdrkoenig67
07-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Yeah...They probably used the wrong pictures for the locations.

Dana

-K-M-
07-30-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm thinking feral creature is the russian mutant, but that's just a guess.

Le Messor
07-31-2010, 08:09 PM
Hee hee hee... blue girl?
I'm reminded of a line by Kymaera in New Warriors: (Warning: not an exact quote) 'I've turned blue! How many people do you know who could sympathise with that?'
... and me thinking, 'Well, Kara Kilgrave, Warren Worthington, Kurt Wagner, Hank McCoy...'

- Le Messor, who has never been blue, and fears it above all other colours.
"He that leaveth nothing to chance will do few things ill, but he will do very few things."
~ George Savile

Flightpath07
08-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Because Quesada and Brevoort have admitted to spiteful fan-baiting, to the point where Quesada has said that pissing off fans is one of his goals? Seems like that trying to "teach them a lesson" might be a good way to get a few more Alphans killed off.

I completely agree. So then, we can always use reverse-psychology (like psychology ever helped anyone - whoops, sorry all you "mad scientists" out there!), and we won't mention Alpha Flight to Marvel ever again. That way, they'll get nervous about how quiet we are, and start wondering if maybe they miss us so much that they need to relaunch AF to get us back talking to them!

Oh wait, that'll never work. Hey, hm, y'know what?
"We're screwed!"

They hold all the cards at Marvel Head Offices, and they hate The Flight and everything it stands for.

So, where do I get in line to vote them out of office? At this point, I'd replace them all with Bill Mantlo, for pete's sake (my apologies to all the pete's out there, who are scratching their heads in confusion, muttering "do I know a Bill Mantlo?")!

-K-M-
08-02-2010, 05:41 PM
I wonder what her powers will be, anyone care to guess?

Le Messor
08-02-2010, 06:03 PM
She has the power to shrink, and grow long, blonde hair while wearing a white cap.

No, wait, she plays depressing music that's still somehow enjoyable, but getting old-fashioned nowadays even though it's ultimately influenced most of what we hear now.

- Le Messor
"He walks as if balancing the family tree on his nose."

Flightpath07
08-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Her powers?

I'll bet she has the power to instantaneously run for America and forget that she was ever Canadian, never visiting or thinking of her homeland again.

Y'know, if one wanted ot bring AF back, wouldn't this be a perfect place to re-introduce them? The new Alpha Flight suddenly appears in the pages of X-men, in a stand-off over the new Canadian mutant...

Dammit, i hate Marvel...no matter how obvious this is, they'll still never go for it...

-K-M-
08-02-2010, 07:01 PM
haha...wait...now I'm sad :(

Flightpath07
08-02-2010, 07:07 PM
haha...wait...now I'm sad :(

Yes!!! Another sad-face from King Mungi! Awesome. This is gonna be such a great day...

(don't ask, I have no idea...just nod quietly, and back away...)

DIGGER
08-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Her powers?

I'll bet she has the power to instantaneously run for America and forget that she was ever Canadian, never visiting or thinking of her homeland again.

Y'know, if one wanted ot bring AF back, wouldn't this be a perfect place to re-introduce them? The new Alpha Flight suddenly appears in the pages of X-men, in a stand-off over the new Canadian mutant...

Dammit, i hate Marvel...no matter how obvious this is, they'll still never go for it...

It's too bad that we have to always hope that Marvel would bring Alpha back in an adverserial role to the X-men and not just as a group that NEEDS to be a part of Marvel continuity but I guess we just have to hope (there is that word again) for some sort of baby steps first.

DIGGER

rplass
08-11-2010, 10:39 PM
He's alive and well in the ad for #2

Is This The Worst Comics PR Piece Ever Released? http://bcool.bz/dxunNR

X-Men #2 did come out today and that image is a 2pg splash inside, along with some other panels with Jeffries, who modified Cerebra to detect Vampire DNA.

Love,
rplass

cmdrkoenig67
08-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Oh.My.Dog.

Vampires don't have special DNA (certainly nothing that Cerebra could pick up)...They are undead creatures created by magic...Sigh...I hate Marvel.

However, if Cerebra is rigged to detect the people infected by the genetically altered vampire DNA (like Jubilee), that makes far more sense.

Dana

rplass
08-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Well, yeah but even still Jeffries is such a KICK BUTT that he can make a machine to detect it anyway!

:)

Love,
rplass

MistressMerr
08-12-2010, 12:58 AM
It does make you wonder how they can do that but they couldn't modify Cerebra to locate the escaped Necrosha zombies.:confused:

This story has its moments, but for the most part, it's kinda lame. Why the heck is everyone going along with Emma's stupid plan when BLADE THE EXPERT VAMPIRE HUNTER says it's stupid?

rplass
08-12-2010, 10:56 PM
And I'm pretty sure Jeffries is in issue #3 as well, lacking the signature gray temples tho:

Preview page (http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=6037&pg=2)
(warning: also includes graphic image of chopped off vampire head)

Love,
rplass

Le Messor
08-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Yeah, that kinda looks like him.

- Le Messor
"He who has had, has been, but he who hasn’t been, has been had."

rplass
09-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Yes, it's him, he appears in a few panels and looks as if he's responsible for creating a automated vampire-assemblo-tron machine. Nice! I could use one of those around here, actually.

The two variant covers make this little cameo a tough collectible!

Love,
rplass

Le Messor
09-12-2010, 01:26 AM
The two variant covers make this little cameo a tough collectible!

You'd buy both?
Please, don't encourage 'em!

Oh, and don't collect anything by IDW. Every single issue they print has at least two covers (usually more).

- Le Messor
"More cowbell!"

rplass
09-12-2010, 10:29 AM
I did get both of them. I like to collect the variants and it supports the local comic shop (huge profit) so I'm happy to buy them. For IDW stuff, I just get whichever cover I like best.

Love,
rplass