PDA

View Full Version : Great Beasts in Thor?

-K-M-
07-26-2010, 12:14 AM
In Thor #439 and #441 there is a sidestory involving a sword quest and finding the "true" Thor, but whats important is during the story there is mention of Great Beasts and I wonder if there is a connection with Alpha Flight's great beasts?

They say "Great Beasts of Legend" multiple times and "..trapped in endless battle with the spirits of the Great Beasts!"

cmdrkoenig67
07-26-2010, 02:42 PM
I don't know...Who exactly is "trapped in endless battle"? Thor himself? I doubt it's Alpha's Great Beasts...It's probably referring to the "beasts" of Norse mythology, like the Midgard Serpent, Fenris, Fafnir, Trolls, etc...I could be wrong, of course, but that seems more logical than it being the Great Beasts from Alpha Flight.

Dana

DIGGER
07-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Does anyone at Marvel care or even remember Alpha's version of the great beasts?

DIGGER

-K-M-
07-26-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't know...Who exactly is "trapped in endless battle"? Thor himself? I doubt it's Alpha's Great Beasts...It's probably referring to the "beasts" of Norse mythology, like the Midgard Serpent, Fenris, Fafnir, Trolls, etc...I could be wrong, of course, but that seems more logical than it being the Great Beasts from Alpha Flight.

Dana

No the Destroyer armor, but remember Tanaraq has a connection to Surtur. It wasn't them, it was something else.

Does anyone at Marvel care or even remember Alpha's version of the great beasts?

DIGGER

Yes, they appeared in Hercules, Omega Flight as well as Secret Invasion: Home Invasion there was a super skrull made out of the Great Beasts.

rplass
07-26-2010, 09:31 PM

DIGGER

Certainly. In volume 3 of the recent hardcover Official Handbooks, the Great Beasts were prominently featured in the entry for Demons. I think that counts!

Love,
rplass

Le Messor
07-27-2010, 05:49 AM
Remember Tanaraq has a connection to Surtur.

Tell me more!

(Also, what were you saying about the Destroyer armour?)

- Le Messor
"He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it."

~ Joseph Romm

-K-M-
07-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Tell me more!

(Also, what were you saying about the Destroyer armour?)

- Le Messor
"He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it."

~ Joseph Romm

In Omega Flight, Tanaraq currently is in possession of Surtur's demon army.

Some of the Great Beasts battled with the Destroyer Armor for a few months straight

DIGGER
07-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Certainly. In volume 3 of the recent hardcover Official Handbooks, the Great Beasts were prominently featured in the entry for Demons. I think that counts!

Love,
rplass

Didn't buy the hardcover, was it a new listing or just a rehash from before?

DIGGER

Le Messor
07-31-2010, 08:05 PM
Ah, thanks! I lose track of these things.

- Le Messor
"He that is giddy thinks the world turns round."