PDA

View Full Version : Books out

Talisinbear
08-22-2010, 02:26 AM
Hi all

So this is a bit of a selfless plug

I am the creator, with the help of some excellent co-writers, of the pulp-inspired world of Granton City Press

http://www.wix.com/grantoncitydesk/togc

Our first book The Black Wolf #1 - Metal Monsters of Doom, with co-writer Kevin Lee is already available. The Black Wolf owes his creation to heroes such The Shadow.

BW #2 - The Demon Door is only weeks away from release.

Ghost Wind #1 - The Torn Veil, with co-writer Mitchel Rose is out too (think Manga meets pulp)

Unit 13 #1 - The Horrors of Altenschatten will soon be out as well, with co-writer Tyrell Tinnin. The story is set in WWI and has a Weird War/Sgt Rock and Howling Commandoes essence.

Churchill Alien Bounty Hunter will round out the 2010 releases late this year.

Check us out

Our Facebook fanpage is http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8 ... 773&ref=ts

Also fan art is always welcome, as are discussions with writers interested in our world.

Comments are welcome.

Flightpath07
08-22-2010, 04:22 AM
Cool. I will check it when I have the time to devote to it.

Talisinbear
08-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Fightpath are you a writer?

Hope you buy into the line, many of the characters have Canuck connections, including The Black Wolf, and the upcoming Iron John title is set in 1880s Canada (steampunk)

Flightpath07
08-22-2010, 05:14 PM
unpublished, unfinished, author and poet, yes. also untrained, unschooled, and unlikely to ever actually publish anything, lol.

basically, i write messy, frantic, intense poetry, and I desire to write fantasy novels (but have never gotten more than a third of the way through the writing process).

Talisinbear
08-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Hi

I have learned a co-writer helps keep you on course, overcome writer's block etc

kozzi24
08-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Good luck with this, Calvin.
I am a writer with some minor but growing credits.
I don't know if I would be able to generate something from scratch that would be a fit, but keep me in mind if you have a specific anthology idea or need something "mostly done" or has not had the right hook to work and I might see if I can churn something out.
Jeff

Talisinbear
08-23-2010, 03:40 PM
I'll definitely keep that in mind kozzi