PDA

View Full Version : Jeffries in X-Men #5

rplass
10-22-2010, 07:54 PM
He's operating a console in a few panels in the preview pages for issue #5.

Love,
rplass

Phil
10-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Are they really turning Iceman into Holy Water there?

-K-M-
10-23-2010, 01:51 PM
haha holy ice.

cmdrkoenig67
10-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Technically, that wouldn't work (the holy ice/water thing), would it? Iceman is a living human being and being blessed only goes so far on a person (he is still flawed, like the rest of us)...Maybe he's getting last rights? He's Catholic (and Jewish on his mother's side).

Oh...Who am I kidding?...With the way comics are written today...Yeah...He's probably being turned into holy water/ice...Ugh! :rolleyes:

Dana

Phil
10-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I'd imagine Last Rights is the actual writing, but it looked funny.

Though would turning the ocean into Holy Water kill all the underwater vampires bothering Namor?

cmdrkoenig67
10-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I'd imagine Last Rights is the actual writing, but it looked funny.

Though would turning the ocean into Holy Water kill all the underwater vampires bothering Namor?

I can't imagine priests could bless the ocean to make it holy water...It isn't very pure (lot's pollution, fish, faux fish and feces...Bleh).

Dana

Le Messor
10-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Um... 'Last Rites', for the record.

I like the idea of making Iceman into Holy Water.
Also, I was glad last night when I finally read Smoke and Blood and figured out that they're rebelling against the 'vampires as scientific virus' idea. Yay!

- Le Messor
"Your thoughts must be as pure as this water."
"This water isn't very pure."
"Neither are your thoughts."
- The Golden Child (impure thoughts guy is Eddie Murphy.)

suzene
11-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Are they really turning Iceman into Holy Water there?

The lettered version of the preview is up, and it looks like Phil gets the kewpie! (http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=39825)

I am irked that Scott thinks of Warren as the team's superior fighter in the air, because, um, no. He's pointy now, and that's all -- he's not even the right kind of pointy to deal with vampires. I know it's a downside of having 95% of the world's mutants crammed onto a rock, but could we come up with some reason that Jean-Paul hasn't staked half of the vampire army to death again? Even a thin one?

Mokole
11-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Good point, Suzene.

Phil
12-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Mad Jef has a brief blink-and-you'll-miss-him flashback panel in #6. Not worth it's own thread though.