PDA

View Full Version : short stories

kozzi24
11-01-2010, 11:53 PM
I've been doing well with the writing endeavors lately.

A mainstream short story "Smokestacks" is currently published on the web at
http://www.abilitymaine.org/breath/f10b.html
As Breath and Shadow is a standard webzine publisher, there's no cover price or even the PITA of a log in to read "Smokestacks."

I'm appearing with a twisted alternate history tale "Advance Gratitude" in The Aether Age Helios. This is a real cool concept anthology, "what if industrial revolutions spawned in Egypt some 2000 years ago>" with a couple other neat twists. A lot more info can be found about the project at
http://www.aether-age.com/

The publisher Hadley Rille is running a preorder special at
http://www.hadleyrillebooks.com/theaetherage.html

I have at least two other stories set to see anthology publication in the next couple months, a ghost story in Whitlock Publishing's Our Haunted World and a humorous mainstream story appearing in a horror title Malicious Deviance by Library of the Living Dead/Library of Horror Press.

Le Messor
11-02-2010, 03:56 AM
Congratulations!
It's been a while since I've had a story published, but that's more because I've been working on things other than short stories lately.

- Le Messor
Joel: How do I look?
Wednesday: Disturbing.

cmdrkoenig67
11-02-2010, 04:10 AM
Bravo, K!....I will attempt to read them ASAP.

Dana

Flightpath07
11-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Kozzi! Congratulations, my friend; "Smokestacks" was purely a thing of brilliance. Seriously, cannot remember having enjoyed a short story that much since I was in college (oh wait, I never went to college). Again, congrats, very nice job indeed!

kozzi24
11-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Thanks, guys. Share with your friends!

kozzi24
11-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Congratulations!
It's been a while since I've had a story published, but that's more because I've been working on things other than short stories lately.

- Le Messor
Joel: How do I look?
Wednesday: Disturbing.

Funny...when I made the post and mentioned Malicious Deviance, I did specifically think of you as someone who would be more interested in that anthology than in The Aether Age.

The homebound blind thing has given me more time to concentrate on the writing side of my life, both in production and marketing.. 9 new shorts this year, a novel finished, and 4 acceptances (and--hope I'm not jinxing it--a sixth acceptance very likely with a story "short listed."

And Dana should be happy to know that two of the acceptances came out of Maine!

Le Messor
11-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Funny...when I made the post and mentioned Malicious Deviance, I did specifically think of you as someone who would be more interested in that anthology than in The Aether Age.

Well, you know how much I love to climb tall things with a carbine* by my side...

(* If I'm right, and that's a type of rifle, I now sound like I know what I'm talking about... or would've, if I hadn't written this.)

- Le Messor
"How far apart were the vehicles at the time of the collision?"
~ alleged real lawyer's question