PDA

View Full Version : Buffy Movie

cmdrkoenig67
11-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Buy wouldn't that be an interesting story. To have a hero give up Heaven to come back to help those in need. Talk about the ultimate sacrifice.

DIGGER

Something similar happened in Buffy The Vampire Slayer...Buffy died and was later resurrected by Willow and their friends (they believed her spirit was in some sort of hell dimension), but they later found out that Buffy was in heaven and was happy until they tore her away from it.

Dana

Ahab
11-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Something similar happened in Buffy The Vampire Slayer...Buffy died and was later resurrected by Willow and their friends (they believed her spirit was in some sort of hell dimension), but they later found out that Buffy was in heaven and was happy until they tore her away from it.

Dana

That was SUCH a great reveal. I miss the show.
The comic just isn't the same...

ClawMaraud
11-13-2010, 05:49 PM
The whole Grimjack storyline is based on the fact that - said anti-hero - declined his own entrance to Heaven to save a friend on the Earthly realm. When done saving his friend he tried to gain entrance to Hell but Hell would not have him; he was too much for that realm to handle, him being a Demon Hunter and all. Loved that comic. Every once in a while a graphic novel comes out about Grimjack. Warms my heart!

Whoa! I am WAY off topic here.

I think Puck and Grimjack might get along? Different comic universe. Too bad.

Tawmis
11-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Ghost Rider(s) went to Heaven to kick the archangel Zadikal's ass out of Heaven after he dethrowned God from it. I don't see how going to Heaven would be offensive.

This was the most recent GHOST RIDER, right? The one that everyone dropped soon after Ghost Rider met the two angels? That same title? ;-)

Alpha Rider
11-14-2010, 12:46 AM
This was the most recent GHOST RIDER, right? The one that everyone dropped soon after Ghost Rider met the two angels? That same title? ;-)
The 2006 series did meet two angels who were trying to help Ghost Rider stop Satan from reforming into one piece after he came to Earth and shattered into 666 piece and going into recentlly deceased bodies, but finds out that he's the wrath of God and not a demon from Hell. Heaven's on Fire is the 6 parter that both Ghost Riders go to Heaven to kick some ass.

Le Messor
11-25-2010, 04:49 AM
Aww, Dana, I was going to bring up Buffy.

Yeah, it was revealed in song!

Aren't we all glad WB are making a Buffy movie without Joss? yay <-- extreme sarcasm

- Le Messor
Buffy: I always say that a patrol's not complete without a trip to the stinking sewers.
Angel: I'm sure I saw him come down here.

Buffy: Couldn't we just let this be the vamp that got away? We can say he was this big.

Angel: What can I say? I need closure.

Ahab
11-25-2010, 08:22 AM
Aren't we all glad WB are making a Buffy movie without Joss? yay <-- extreme sarcasm

It's CRAP.
Don't get me started...

ClawMaraud
11-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Just read that blurb on Yahoo news about the new Buffy movie getting set to being made. If it is not a continuation - in some form or other - of the TV series then they should just let the Buffy idea stay where it is - Finished!

Phil
11-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Folks; let's keep this on topic.
Feel free to start a thread in the General section.

rplass
11-25-2010, 10:44 AM
folks; let's keep this on topic.
Feel free to start a thread in the general section.

the hammer comes down!!! Hard and fast!!! Beeeeeeyotches gotta stay on topic!!!

Ben
11-25-2010, 11:12 AM
there, split it off. Now you can Buffy all you want :)

ClawMaraud
11-25-2010, 11:48 AM

Ben, I only mentioned Buffy once.

Here I go again - Just checked out the name Buffy on one of those 'Name meaning' sites and, believe it or not, it is from the name 'Elizabeth'. How does Buffy come from Elizabeth? What a world! What a world!

cmdrkoenig67
11-25-2010, 01:32 PM
The comic just isn't the same...

I hear you (I miss Buffy and Angel)...I've been collecting Season 8 up until a couple of months ago...Then I decided to drop it. It's totally lost my interest and it just seemed to be lacking.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67
11-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Aww, Dana, I was going to bring up Buffy.

Yeah, it was revealed in song!

I think she actually revealed it to Spike first a few episodes before "Once More, With Feeling", Mik.

- Le Messor
Buffy: I always say that a patrol's not complete without a trip to the stinking sewers.
Angel: I'm sure I saw him come down here.

Buffy: Couldn't we just let this be the vamp that got away? We can say he was this big.

Angel: What can I say? I need closure.

I can't believe they're going to try and remake Buffy (in the film...Or I guess they're planning on remaking the original film)...That's just messed up.

Dana

Le Messor
11-26-2010, 04:20 AM
Just read that blurb on Yahoo news about the new Buffy movie getting set to being made. If it is not a continuation - in some form or other - of the TV series then they should just let the Buffy idea stay where it is - Finished!

I read an official press release where they didn't even mention Joss Whedon!
Wow.

I think she actually revealed it to Spike first a few episodes before "Once More, With Feeling", Mik.

Gah!
Y'got me there.

Still like the song, though.

(Sorry, mods, for dragging us OT.)

- Le Messor
"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants."
~ A. Whitney Brown

jay042
11-28-2010, 03:51 PM
From what I gather, the Kazuis ( Fran and Kaz the couple that produced and directed the original movie) have pretty much seen their residuals from the series DVD sales bottom out. So, to get that money train moving again they are pulling out this reimagining of the movie.

Like most Whedonites, I have low expectations for this. I'll probably see it, more to see if it sucks more or less than the original movie.

Ahab
11-28-2010, 04:07 PM

What Ben doesn't realize is that ALL of my messages are written while in the Buffy...;)

Ben
11-28-2010, 05:47 PM
What Ben doesn't realize is that ALL of my messages are written while in the Buffy...;)

:shock: oh my. I thought I was bad posting while half in the bag...meanwhile you're ba...***SENSOR***... which only tends to make the chipmunk angry!

Le Messor
11-29-2010, 04:43 AM
... to get that money train moving again they are pulling out this reimagining of the movie...
Like most Whedonites, I have low expectations for this. I'll probably see it, more to see if it sucks more or less than the original movie.

That's the trouble. Most Whedonites are just that -Whedonites, not Buffyites.
We won't have much faith in it, and Faith won't be in it, and few of us will watch it. (I might, if only because I don't want to prejudge... but I want to watch the Last Airbender for the same reason, so what do I know?)

People who aren't interested in Buffy aren't going to watch this, because they're not interested in Buffy.

That leaves, what - vague fans? Or are they (most likely) as 3 Chicks posit (http://1979semifinalist.podomatic.com/player/web/2010-11-23T10_41_24-08_00), trying to cash in on Twilight?

Ben, next time, leave the chipmunk out of it!

- Le Messor
"I believe the subtext here is rapidly becoming the text."
~ Giles

jay042
12-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Yeah, the Twilight audience is their primary focus in creating this movie, kind of the way the Kazuis were trying to cash in on the Beverly Hills 90210 audience when they cast Luke Perry as the male lead in the original.

Tawmis
12-01-2010, 01:32 PM
That's the trouble. Most Whedonites are just that -Whedonites, not Buffyites.

But I would say it's fair to assume, 90% of the Whedonites are indeed Whedonites because of Buffy. Thus making the majority (90%) of the Whedon fans also Buffy fans, as that was probably their first "contact" with Joss Whedon.

Le Messor
12-01-2010, 02:55 PM
True, Tawmis, but what I mean is through Buffy we've become fans of Joss Whedon, and we know he's what makes Buffy good.
So the fannier fans won't want a Buffy movie knowing it's not a Joss movie. (I'm basing that on the comments sections of every article I've read about this.)

- Le Messor
"I brake for no apparent reason."

Tawmis
12-01-2010, 04:40 PM
True, Tawmis, but what I mean is through Buffy we've become fans of Joss Whedon, and we know he's what makes Buffy good.
So the fannier fans won't want a Buffy movie knowing it's not a Joss movie. (I'm basing that on the comments sections of every article I've read about this.)

- Le Messor
"I brake for no apparent reason."

Oh. Well. yes. Then I agree. I misread what you were originally saying then. :-D