PDA

View Full Version : Wildchild in Year of the X-Men promo

suzene
02-24-2011, 03:43 PM

Looks like the AOA version of Kyle, along with Sabretooth from that same era.

Flightpath07
02-24-2011, 04:00 PM
yay!

-K-M-
02-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah it's the AoA characters battling X-Force. So definetly AoA Wild Child.

rplass
02-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Unpossible! Wild Child is dead! I saw him die myself with my own four eyes!

Oh wait it's AoA Kyle. Neato!

Tiberius Bane
03-18-2011, 11:25 PM
The last I remember Kyle was doing a Nosferatu impression and working for Weapon X. I know that all fell apart at the end of the series. I heard that he appeared again in Wolverine as a bad guy and looking mostly like he used to and was killed off. Was it ever explained why he went bad again? I liked Kyle as a good guy. I even liked him when he was in X-Factor.

rplass
03-18-2011, 11:47 PM
He went bad when the whole improbable Romulus thing started. He resurfaced in Wolverine #53-55 with a new look and repowered (he lost his powers on M-Day) but no backstory was ever given, but you can assume Romulus was behind his evilness.

Le Messor
03-19-2011, 12:59 AM
And like a bunch of other mutants with similar powers, he was revealed to be part of a half-dog race.
Like Feral, Sasquatch... ...

Also, isn't he dead at the moment?

- Le Messor
"I must create a system myself or be enslaved by another man’s."
~ Blake

Flightpath07
03-19-2011, 04:12 AM
When he reappeared thanks to Romulus, he seemed to be more powerful than ever. He also was coating his claws with a nasty poison, capable of taking down Wolverine quite quickly with it.

It was SWEEEET! :)

Phil
03-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Confirmation that he'll actually be in the storyline (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31361)

The supporting cast of "The Dark Angel" saga will include the AoA incarnations of Sabretooth, Wild Child, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey, Magneto, Gambit and Rogue.

I wonder if it'll acknowledge Wildchild's time in the Exiles...

mos_def
03-19-2011, 01:48 PM
wasnt Wildchild one of the four AoA XMen that went missing with the AoA Exodus? Ill have to search this. I know I have the AoA bio handbook somewhere

Phil
03-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Yeah, that was the reason given for him not being in the 2005 miniseries.
It was explained in Exiles: Days Of Then & Now that he was taken away to join a new team of Exiles.

Le Messor
03-19-2011, 04:30 PM
He also was coating his claws with a nasty poison...
It was SWEEEET! :)

You really shouldn't taste poison.
Mostly they're bitter anyway... was it digitalis?

Yeah, that was the reason given for him not being in the 2005 miniseries.
It was explained in Exiles: Days Of Then & Now that he was taken away to join a new team of Exiles.

Is that part of the main Exiles series? Or a side-mini-?
(Stops being lazy and checks his Exiles trades...)
Nope, not seeing it.

- Le Messor
Willow: I mean, why else would she be acting like such a b-i-t-c-h?
Giles: Willow, I think we're a little too old to be spelling things out.
Xander: A "bitca"?

Phil
03-19-2011, 04:31 PM
It was the oneshot used to end the first series.

I think it *may* be in the first trade of New Exiles.

Le Messor
03-19-2011, 04:37 PM
I think it *may* be in the first trade of New Exiles.

But it's not yet April...

I only go as high as original Exiles myself, but I've been thinking of looking up the New.

- Le Messor
"I never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back."
~ Zsa Zsa Gabor

Phil
03-19-2011, 04:38 PM
To be fair as soon as Claremont came on to Vol.1 my enjoyment dramatically dropped and by #100 I loathed the title so didn't pick up New.

Le Messor
03-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Which is weird, because the exact opposite happened with Uncanny...

But Claremont has largely been slipping lately. Though I have enjoyed the first two Forever trades.

- Le Messor
"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
~ Groucho Marx

MistressMerr
03-19-2011, 07:40 PM
To be fair as soon as Claremont came on to Vol.1 my enjoyment dramatically dropped and by #100 I loathed the title so didn't pick up New.
That title was already dead in the water by the time he came on, IMO, he just didn't do it any favours, either.

Ah well, we'll always have Winick.

Which is weird, because the exact opposite happened with Uncanny...

But Claremont has largely been slipping lately. Though I have enjoyed the first two Forever trades.
These days, CC does his best work when he has his own sandbox to play in where he can do whatever the heck he wants. Exiles had already grown so convoluted when he came on, it hardly counted as one anymore. But X-Men Forever was great, even if the start of it left me skeptical, and I loved X-Men: The End, in all its insanity (it's the same part of me that loves every bit of Earth X, even as it got increasingly ridiculous and incomprehensible as it went on).

BACK ON TOPIC, I'm getting sick of revisiting AoA every five minutes, but Uncanny X-Force is surprisingly awesome, so I've got faith in this.

-K-M-
05-06-2011, 09:16 PM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=8598

You can see him on the last panel of the last preview page.

DelBubs
05-06-2011, 09:25 PM
I recognise Wolvie, Deadpool (?), Psylocke and one of the Beasts, but who's the fella in white with black zig zags?

rplass
05-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Is that Sabretooth or Wild Child? I thought it was Sabretooth when I saw it. Sort of has a wider and fuller face than AoA Wild Child. Also why would Wild Child be observing X-Force that way...

Mokole
05-06-2011, 11:05 PM
It's Wild Child, Sabretooth's uniform in AoA has no sleeves, Kyle's does. Also, you can see it's Kyle on the previous page, bottom middle, watching them.

The zig zag guy is Fantomex.

Phil
05-07-2011, 06:17 AM
The one on the 2nd to last page is definitely Kyle. Not sure about on the double page spread though.

-K-M-
05-07-2011, 03:08 PM
I recognise Wolvie, Deadpool (?), Psylocke and one of the Beasts, but who's the fella in white with black zig zags?

Fantomex

DelBubs
05-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks in regards to the Fantomex heads up. Just read his Wiki entry at Marvel and Wikipedia. Wish I had remained ignorant now :-) , but it does remind me as to why I stopped reading X stuff.

rplass
06-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Issue is out today and I'm loving it, probably because I am loving Age of Apocalypse very much still!! To clarify, both Sabretooth and Wild Child are in this issue and they both are watching X-Force, so I was right and so was Phil.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Wild Child rips the hell out of Wolverine, faster than he can heal, (wow), but ultimately is knocked out with an elbow. Wild Child talks in this issue too, nothing brilliant but he didn't talk on panel in the original series, so that's weird. He's still Sabretooth's little pet in this issue and is sure to appear in issue #13 too.

-K-M-
06-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Not sure if he was knocked out or merely swatted away. definetly a good showing for WC.

Wolverine defeated AOA Sabretooth far to easy though

Phil
06-28-2011, 06:32 AM
2nd print announced. (http://previewsworld.com/public/default.asp?t=2&m=1&c=6&s=574)

Flightpath07
06-28-2011, 12:19 PM

Then you missed a few decent stories, and some okay art. Nothing grandtabulous, but not so shabby.

Flightpath07
06-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Wild Child rips the hell out of Wolverine, faster than he can heal, (wow),

Yay!!!!!!

but ultimately is knocked out with an elbow.

Booooo!

Wild Child talks in this issue too, nothing brilliant but he didn't talk on panel in the original series, so that's weird.

Yay!!!!

He's still Sabretooth's little pet in this issue and is sure to appear in issue #13 too.

Bo...oh, you get the idea.

Phil
06-30-2011, 04:28 PM
Wild Child in the previews for #12 (http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=43420):

Phil
08-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Gotta love the placement of the barcode on the #13 Variant:

rplass
08-24-2011, 07:56 AM
At least Wild Child made it onto the new Age of Apocalypse posted by Billy Tan due out Nov

Phil
08-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Yeah, I considered the HC but the $125 price tag put me off.
Not that it's the greatest rendition of WC though.

rplass
08-24-2011, 08:57 PM
I think the poster will be more affordable, Phil. The Omnibus price point at $125 is prohibitive. You can get most of those issues in the 4 volume set of AoA tpbs for $10 new at most conventions, plus maybe $20 more for the remaining Legion Quest issues that lead into it, $60 in paperback new, double that for hardcover in a completely un-portable format? Ugh I might get it anyway because it's big and shiny though. :)

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Check out Wild Child in issue #13 too, not just on the cover. He gets his arm ripped apart, totally bloody and gross, but then he gets better. Unfortunately not featured as he should be because I really like Mark Brooks' version of him.

-K-M-
08-24-2011, 09:52 PM
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

I really dig the art, one complaint WC's missing arm kept switching sides.

Phil
10-20-2011, 02:45 PM
So, will WildChild be appearing in the new ongoing AoA series?

http://marvel.com/news/story/16857/nycc_2011_age_of_apocalypse
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10/15/the-all-new-all-different-age-of-apocalypse-in-january/

rplass
11-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Based on what happened inSPOILERSpaceUncanny X-Force #17, it seems unlikely. I think he got choppe in half by Dark Angel. So unless he has darn good healing ability, he's not gonna be around. We'll know more when the arc concludes in issue #18 due out 12/14/11. AoA Wild Child might be dead!Besides for that, it's a great issue, best comic I've read this week!

-K-M-
11-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Well he does have a damn good healing factor as he did heal his ripped off arm, but to that degree? Yeah I doubt it's that good.