PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the betrayer in Vol.4?

Phil
03-10-2011, 09:18 AM
So, it's been stated in interviews for Volume 4 that the team will be betrayed by one of their own members.

For fun, who do you think it will be and why?

Legerd
03-10-2011, 01:02 PM
From the interview:

Van Lente said that while the government turns against Alpha Flight, but some members of Alpha Flight side with the government.
It sounds like there will be a few heroes who join with the gov't against AF, and I'm guessing it will be some of the other non-original members like Talisman, Earthmover, Persuasion, etc. Characters who are still around, but not appearing in any titles.

DelBubs
03-10-2011, 02:30 PM
I reckon some of the characters from vol 3. Nemesis immediately springs to mind.

Phil
03-10-2011, 03:24 PM
I can't see it being a non-Byrne character personally. Talisman at a push.
Part of me wants to say Sas, but after CW:AF I think that'd be a bit much.
The mention of Northstar's terrorist past makes me think he'll be very anti-government so it won't be him.
The way FVL's mentioned fleshing out Guardian's character a lot more, so that could go either way as either a very pro-government character or as a great leader.

In short... I'm still torn.

Le Messor
03-10-2011, 03:49 PM
In short... I'm still torn.

My shirt is torn, too.

I didn't think of it 'til I saw this poll, but I voted for 'somebody else'. It occurs to me that it's often the least suspected person... the butler did it.
Like in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, when I knew people would die, but I never expected one of them to be ****!!!
(edit: spoilers removed.)

- Le Messor
Ned, being modest: "I dunno... Maybe somebody else should get the job..."
Homer: "I'm somebody else!"
Crowd: "He's right!"

Flightpath07
03-10-2011, 05:29 PM
I voted Puck. Have to stay with my original thought. He's in Hell, being manipulated by the god of fear.

Of the others listed, most likely candidates to me are Sasquatch (who has shown himself to side with the government over rational thought on Omega Flight) and Vindicator (can't think of anything more intense than Heather and Mac coming to blows).

rplass
03-11-2011, 12:26 AM
I picked Snowbird. I never thought she had all of her screws in. A well-written Snowbird has a single-minded childish mind and would fall prey to making a choice out of blind trust or faith in something that an adult wouldn't believe.

suzene
03-11-2011, 01:44 AM
I'm thinking it'll be one of the later-era Alphans, but out of the Byrne creations, I'd say Walter on an outside bet -- he's not a malicious soul, but he has a history of making decisions that should be filed under "WTF were you thinking, dude?"

Flightpath07
03-11-2011, 03:02 AM
decisions that should be filed under "WTF were you thinking, dude?"

That is one Department H file I'd love to get my hands on...

Banshee
03-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Aurora. Wasn't she part of that dreadful Weapon X title a few years back? God knows what state her head is in now. I actually gave up on buying any title with an X on it years ago, I'm far more selective, so I may have missed something big (like she is no longer schizophrenic etc etc).

Puck, also, as a second.

Marrina, as a third. She's always slicing some ally open. *sigh*

mos_def
03-17-2011, 06:56 PM
I was going to say Snowbird too but isnt she FVL's favorite character?

Flightpath07
03-17-2011, 07:00 PM
I was going to say Snowbird too but isnt she FVL's favorite character?

Not sure. But it is funny how in all his interviews that I have read where he promotoes the new Flight comic, I cannot recall him ever really talking about Snowbird. Maybe you are on to something there, MD!

Phil
03-18-2011, 06:22 PM
The Fear Itself teaser makes me think I was on the right lines when I said this:

The way FVL's mentioned fleshing out Guardian's character a lot more, so that could go either way as either a very pro-government character or as a great leader.

cmdrkoenig67
03-21-2011, 12:01 PM
I voted for Mac and it seems he may actually be the one now. I guess we'll see soon-ish.

Dana

DIGGER
03-21-2011, 03:38 PM
I too just reluctantly voted Guardian. Maybe his guilt factor with being the "poster boy" for Canada makes him go work for the Government. I really hope it isn't him though.{guardian}

DIGGER

Le Messor
03-22-2011, 04:40 AM
Maybe his guilt factor with being the "poster boy" for Canada makes him go work for the Government.

But he's the only one not on a poster...
{guardian2}

- Le Messor
"I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! I lost my tux at the cleaners! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! It wasn't MY FAULT!"
~ Jake Blues

Phil
03-22-2011, 06:39 AM
Or it could be a deliberate mislead and he is on a poster, but he's the only one still uncaptured and on the loose...

varo
03-22-2011, 04:00 PM
i'm assuming its not any of the originals. i think fvl worked way to hard to get the originals together, just to break them up. PLUS, the solicits say a "closest allies". heres the solicit:

ALPHA FLIGHT #1 (of 8)
Written by GREG PAK & FRED VAN LENTE
Penciled by DALE EAGLESHAM
Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN
A FEAR ITSELF maxi-series spinoff! Do you fear…your country turning on you? Alpha Flight has long been the protector of an entire nation…but what happens when that nation needs to be protected from itself? New York Times best-selling authors Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente, along withred-hot artist Dale Eaglesham, bring back the team you demanded—the original Alpha Flight! Sasquatch, Snowbird, Northstar and Aurora have been joined by their revived allies Guardian, Vindicator, Shaman, and Marrina as the paragons and protectors of an entire nation. But as FEAR ITSELF takes over, their own country turns on the Flight and brands them traitors for the shocking actions of one of their closest allies. As the borders close and an entire nation hunts them down, will the newly reunited Alpha Flight survive?
40 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Phil
03-22-2011, 04:36 PM
for the shocking actions of one of their closest allies.
makes me think that means Northstar's terrorist past.

I think that while the rest of the team side with JP, Mac will do as he's told be the Government....

DelBubs
03-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Was it Earthmover on Tamirind Isle with the 'Lobdell book of Plot Lines'?

Legerd
03-22-2011, 05:44 PM
No, it was Professor Plum in the Conservatory with the lead pipe.

Flightpath07
03-22-2011, 06:19 PM
It's Puck. Puck is not listed as part of the team, yet he has a wanted poster. Puck is the "closest ally" who does something that causes them all to be hunted. They are racing to find Puck, as well as trying to avoid the government super types who are after them. 'Nuff said.

cmdrkoenig67
03-22-2011, 10:14 PM
...And then when they find him, they beat him up with hockey sticks.

:p

mos_def
03-22-2011, 10:19 PM
It's Puck. Puck is not listed as part of the team, yet he has a wanted poster. Puck is the "closest ally" who does something that causes them all to be hunted. They are racing to find Puck, as well as trying to avoid the government super types who are after them. 'Nuff said.

Lies. All Lies.

Charlaton.

varo
03-22-2011, 10:27 PM
heres what i think. puck returns from hell, he is still a little messed up from the experience, he goes nuts and starts killng innocents. the goverment assumes its all of alpha flight and bands them all traitors. department h is re-formed with a new alpha flight (which i cant wait to see who they put on that team).

what do you think? {puck}

DelBubs
03-22-2011, 10:37 PM
I think that I can tell 'The Verve' that contrary to popular believe the drugs do work. :shock:

mos_def
03-22-2011, 10:39 PM
heres what i think. puck returns from hell, he is still a little messed up from the experience, he goes nuts and starts killng innocents. the goverment assumes its all of alpha flight and bands them all traitors. department h is re-formed with a new alpha flight (which i cant wait to see who they put on that team).

what do you think? {puck}

Hmm...probably. So we are going to have a Mac team and a Gentry team? I think exposing too many Alphans isnt good for non-Alpha fans to get into the book. I dont think FVL would want people who didnt follow the greatest superhero team in the world to wonder who Manikin and Goblyn and Windshear are when he is trying to establish the originals

DelBubs
03-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Actually, on a serious note, thanks for mentioning 'Gentry'. I was struggling earlier to remember his name. Mainly from the viewpoint of him being an ally (?) and could be the one who did all that betraying stuff.

mos_def
03-22-2011, 10:51 PM
usually what happens in these situations is that a high ranking government official is possessed or a town is somehow destroyed. The Japan disaster was way before they started writing this but with 9-11, and an already used Samford, CT being destroyed, I doubt its a town being wiped out.

Does anyone remember WildCATs when a Daemonite possessed the vice president and Youngblood, the government strikeforce had to counter the attack. Usual comic stuff. Maybe Yukon Jack goes off the deep end and whatever demon uses him to kill someone goes into Puck and now they have to find Puck cuz Shaman and Snowbird sense the possession. Maybe one of the Great Beast, lets say Neooqtoq takes human form from the deal made with Sasquatch and yokes the PM. The team is all there on youtube...the whole team has to get hunted down. Bring out the Epsilon Blacks

Le Messor
03-23-2011, 04:44 AM
Does anyone remember WildCATs ... and Youngblood

No. *gnorfle* No! :p

(Sorry, too much Linkara...)

I was going to make a joke about the ally who betrays them being one of the creators, but decided not to name real names.
My real thoughts are, as always, I'll wait and see.

- Le Messor
"I pulled into a lay-by with smoke coming from under the bonnet. I realised the car was on fire so took my dog and smothered it with a blanket."
~ alleged insurance claim form

Garry/Al-Fan
03-23-2011, 09:58 PM
A loopy government would probably think this operative "perfect". Probably has no real ties to AF, but you never know.

Are there any good public officials @ "H"? I hope so. {ahem "Frank Hulme"}

DaVeO
03-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Mac leading the Gov't on the hunt for Alpha Flight. Wow. Not sure Mac and Heather's marriage would recover after that. You think Fear Itself will prey on Mac's reluctance and lack of confidence to lead AF?

Wait a sec, FVL did say this will be the first time we really see Alpha Flight work together for an extended period. So I have to say i don't think it will be any of the originals. I also can't imagine it will be Talisman, I don't recall her ever having any real love for the gov't. Especially in the Omega Flight mini.

Flightpath07
03-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Um. How about a certain associate of AF named "Cody"...?...

He'd certainly fit the bill as The Betrayer...

Le Messor
03-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Um. How about a certain associate of AF named "Cody"...?...

... and considering what he now does for a living, he certainly has some kind of government job.

- Le Messor
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
~ Robert Frost, from The Road Not Taken

"Two roads diverged in a wood And I -
I chose to climb the nearest tree
And that has made all the difference."
~ Anonymous, after Robert Frost

mos_def
03-25-2011, 07:01 PM
What am I missing. Where is this Gary Cody news?

Like I said, some government official is going to get wasted....if Im reading into this right, its going to be Cody or someone close to him. Maybe they pull a Maxwell Lord and after the events of Chaos War- Fear Itself, no one remembers what really happened to Gary Cody

mos_def
03-25-2011, 07:04 PM
I found the Cody news. I want Gentry back. He was the brother to the PMs wife. Cody being PM does put a twist to it, backstabbing Judas

Flightpath07
03-26-2011, 04:53 AM
Is it REALLY Gary Cody, or is it somebody masquerading as him...

(maybe this is the body Puck uses to get out of hell in! lol)

mos_def
03-26-2011, 10:13 AM
But Puck is in the pic with Sasquatch. Alot of stuff is going to be revealed from their death/ Omega Flight formation til now. Im so excited

Phil
03-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Yeah, nowhere does it state that it's GARY Cody.
A vengeful relation would have reason to turn the country against AF.

BUT there's still a betrayer from within the team, according to interviews.

And the Puck is merely a warm-up sketch, it says "in case we ever use him" although I think that's a hint.

Phil
03-26-2011, 12:38 PM
So what we've worked out from interviews and twitter and the like is that 0.1 features an election for Canadian PM.
If it is a Cody, then that could be why the Government turns against them (the fear part of the Fear Itself tie-in) in #1.
The question is, is it a relation or a vengeful back-from-the-dead/possessed Gary somehow connected to the new Red Skull & the big bad from Fear Itself?

Le Messor
03-26-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm going for 'That's not really Gary Cody!'
Also 'you and me both know there's no film in this camera!'

- Le Messor
"I shall tell you a great secret, my friend. Do not wait for the last judgment, it takes place every day."
~ Albert Camus

Flightpath07
03-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Wait a minute, hold the phone! Is Mik filming a live-action movie of the comic?! (if so, I vote he gets some film in there)

Le Messor
03-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Wait a minute, hold the phone! Is Mik filming a live-action movie of the comic?! (if so, I vote he gets some film in there)

Oh, no, we're shooting the whole thing that way. It's the experimental new wave. Emphasis on 'mental'.

Flightpath07
03-27-2011, 06:19 AM
Emphasis on 'mental'.

So many jokes, so little time...

Garry/Al-Fan
04-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Mac leading the Gov't on the hunt for Alpha Flight. Wow. Not sure Mac and Heather's marriage would recover after that. You think Fear Itself will prey on Mac's reluctance and lack of confidence to lead AF?

I never really understood the lack of confidence thing with Mac. His own government sent him to retrieve Wolverine as his very first mission. Wolverine. His own government.
And Mac knocked him out.

cmdrkoenig67
04-04-2011, 11:47 PM
I never really understood the lack of confidence thing with Mac. His own government sent him to retrieve Wolverine as his very first mission. Wolverine. His own government.
And Mac knocked him out.

It makes sense...Mac nearly killed Moira (a civilian) on that first mission (he even felt he failed with Logan, because Logan left), He thought Marrina was ready for Alpha Flight and she nearly killed Puck, He misjudged whether Aurora/Jeanne Marie's MPD would be a liability to the team and he didn't let her team-mates (or even her brother) know about her problem and he inadvertently leads Alpha into a trap (and endangers his wife) at the World Trade Center (Issues 11 and 12) when Omega Flight ambushes them, then he is killed trying to disable his suit.

Sounds like a recipe for a lack of confidence stew to me.

Dana

Le Messor
04-05-2011, 05:42 AM
Wolverine. And Mac knocked him out.

As Dana's about to tell you, the problem is Wolverine's not the only one he knocked out. And that's terrible.

...he inadvertently leads Alpha into a trap (and endangers his wife) at the World Trade Center (Issues 11 and 12)...

The rest I agree with, but as you point out immediately after this one he was a bit busy being dead to stew in unconfidence.

Needs more salt.
And neuro-peptides.

- Le Messor
Buffy: I think we need to get him some fresh blood.
Willow: Do you want me to kill Anya?

Garry/Al-Fan
04-05-2011, 06:10 PM
It makes sense...Mac nearly killed Moira (a civilian) on that first mission (he even felt he failed with Logan, because Logan left), He thought Marrina was ready for Alpha Flight and she nearly killed Puck, He misjudged whether Aurora/Jeanne Marie's MPD would be a liability to the team and he didn't let her team-mates (or even her brother) know about her problem and he inadvertently leads Alpha into a trap (and endangers his wife) at the World Trade Center (Issues 11 and 12) when Omega Flight ambushes them, then he is killed trying to disable his suit.

Dana

Excellent points, especially the Moira incident. Very valid. Yet, after accepting the responsibility of helping to defend Canada, I thought that Mac would at least be a little ticked that his own government assigned him to go into the U.S. to get his friend....a very dangerous friend. The "influencers" may have something to do with it, and if so that element would make sense, as well.

I've never really understood why Alpha Flight was so close to imploding either, but I don't want this POLL thread to concern itself with that. I think Dana has explained it so I can understand Mac's ambivalence a bit better.

Le Messor
04-06-2011, 05:39 AM
Yet, after accepting the responsibility of helping to defend Canada, I thought that Mac would at least be a little ticked that his own government assigned him to go into the U.S. to get his friend....a very dangerous friend.

I agree there.

The "influencers" may have something to do with it, and if so that element would make sense, as well.

The oft-forgotten Influencer seemed to be Roxxon's thing, not Canada's.
Delphine makes a reference to 'Excellent, the Influencer is working perfectly'.

- Le Messor
"I think, therefore I am. I think."

Phil
04-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Also there was the death of St Elmo & Groundhog's quitting to add to Mac's confidence. If we're counting retcons that is.

Le Messor
04-07-2011, 05:43 AM
... & Groundhog's quitting...

More the reasons for the quitting than the quitting itself.
Also, whatever happened to Stitch could've added to it.

- Le Messor
Calvin: By the time we add an introduction, a few illustrations, and a conclusion, it will look like a graduate thesis. Besides, I've got a secret weapon that will guarantee a good grade! No teacher can resist this! A clear plastic binder! Pretty professional looking, eh?
Hobbes: I don't want co-author credit on this, OK?

cmdrkoenig67
04-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Excellent points, especially the Moira incident. Very valid. Yet, after accepting the responsibility of helping to defend Canada, I thought that Mac would at least be a little ticked that his own government assigned him to go into the U.S. to get his friend....a very dangerous friend. The "influencers" may have something to do with it, and if so that element would make sense, as well.

I've never really understood why Alpha Flight was so close to imploding either, but I don't want this POLL thread to concern itself with that. I think Dana has explained it so I can understand Mac's ambivalence a bit better.

Giddy or not about his first mission to go after Wolverine, he also failed in it. Alpha Flight failed again to obtain Logan when they ambushed the X-Men in Calgary. He also probably feels he failed with Beta and Gamma Flights (who became Omega)...He doesn't know that Delphine and Jaxon were using some device to "influence" the Omegans. I mentioned the "leading Alpha into a trap" and his death, he must remember all of that...He was perfectly conscious up until his suit blew.

Failing to re-obtain Wolverine twice and his perceived failure with the other tiers of Department H must weigh on him (added to the other weights I mentioned in the other post).

Dana

Legerd
04-07-2011, 03:07 PM
He also probably feels he failed with Beta and Gamma Flights (who became Omega)...He doesn't know that Delphine and Jaxon were using some device to "influence" the Omegans. I mentioned the "leading Alpha into a trap" and his death, he must remember all of that...He was perfectly conscious up until his suit blew.
I never thought about that, but you're probably right. He would think, other than Bochs, that all the Betans/Gammans didn't just dislike him, but hated him enough to turn on and kill him.

Flightpath07
04-07-2011, 06:24 PM
How come this poll doesn't have the choice "Me" ?

cmdrkoenig67
04-07-2011, 10:51 PM
FP?...I-it can't be...Y-you're the betrayer?! Get him! :x

Dana

Le Messor
04-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Everybody dog pile on FP!!!

I never thought about that, but you're probably right. He would think, other than Bochs, that all the Betans/Gammans didn't just dislike him, but hated him enough to turn on and kill him.

Well, other than Bochs and Madison.
Never fully got why he 'knows' that Bochs wasn't evil. Well, I know why Mac knows, but why everybody else knows when Mac died before telling anyone.
The fact that Bochs was tied up... maybe. But the bad guys could've done that to absolve him - Bochs could possibly have done it himself. He's one of the few characters who could do super-powered shenanigans while tied up.

FP, we trusted you!

- LM
"I think, therefore I am paid."

Flightpath07
04-08-2011, 05:43 PM
For shame! Shame on you all! (luckily for you, I have an off-panel death scene set up for issue 8, right after Mac is revealed to be a killer cyborg with the brain of Galactus, and every single Marvel character stops by to say how much they are going to enjoy having an Avengers North, and Wolverine acts like he doesn't even know Alpha Flight - good times!).

Phil
04-14-2011, 06:44 AM
I was tempted to put Scott Lobdell as a choice...

DelBubs
04-14-2011, 02:23 PM
I was tempted to put Scott Lobdell as a choice...
To obvious, plus he's betrayed them before, AF#106 ( :rolleyes: ) and Vol 3. Do they have the three strikes rule in Canada?

Flightpath07
04-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Do they have the three strikes rule in Canada?

Yes. But in the Canadian version of this law, after your third strike you get a hug from a Member of Parliament and a coupon for a free coffee and donut at Tim Horton's.

Legerd
04-21-2011, 11:18 AM
I think I've figured out who the betrayer is! :cool:

From all the clues that FVL has given us, I think the betrayer is: a new, male personality of Aurora's.

MajorMountie
04-22-2011, 04:56 PM
I... actually get free coffee and donuts at Tim's. Crap, am I the Betrayer?

That being said, I had to vote the last option. I love the original AF characters and I'd rather not see any of them turn their back on us.

Garry/Al-Fan
04-30-2011, 03:03 PM
...I had to vote the last option. I love the original AF characters and I'd rather not see any of them turn their back on us.

I agree, whole-heartedly.

DelBubs
05-06-2011, 06:08 AM
I now believe it to be Northstar.

We know it's a male member. With the X-Men he would seem to have found a place where he feels comfortable, he has his sister with him etc. Now Alpha are back he could see that world disappearing. Aurora drifting away from him towards the team and Sas. Given his background he would be the least likely, so by law of averages...

Phil
05-06-2011, 06:11 AM
I don't think so.
I think JP would be too obvious a choice given his past, his ties to the X-Men, his boyfriend being involved etc.

I reckon Shaman.

(Today anyway...)

DelBubs
05-06-2011, 06:17 AM
I'm gonna stick with Northstar for now, likely to change again at some point :-). He's the one with the least connections to Alpha, Aurora/Sas, Shaman/Snowbird, Mac/Heather and Marrina would just be happy to be back and with Alpha. If Cody gave Northstar the right incentive then I can see how he would relcutantly agree to lead 'Alpha Strike'.

Or Not :confused:

Phil
05-06-2011, 06:24 AM
Yeah, I just think he's too obvious.

No-one's mentioned Shaman at all so far so it'd be a shock.

My guess (today) to Alpha Strike is it's led by Talisman & Persuasion. Which could be why Shaman turns traitor *shrugs*

DelBubs
05-06-2011, 06:33 AM
Listening to the Podcast doesn't help :-). The comment about the team splintering just muddies the water. I'm gonna give up trying to figure it, it hurts my head. I just want that issue in my hands A.S.A.P. :cool:

Phil
05-06-2011, 06:36 AM
I'm never right about these things.
I just like to ooh and ahh at the pretty pictures.

DelBubs
05-06-2011, 07:07 AM
Me neither, I don't think I've ever got an Alpha conundrum right. I like you shall just fawn over the pretty pictures [/swoon]

Flightpath07
05-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Well, it has now been mentioned that there is tension between Mac and Heather over their baby. Seems likely that IF the government has their little girl, Heather'd be most likely to do anything said government asked to get her child back; it's a motherly thing, or so i am told.

Ditto for Northstar, if we are right and Purple Woman has absconded his boyfriend.

rplass
05-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Motherly thing? You were told wrong. Only moms love their kids, not dads? What?

Yes, you hit a nerve. Dads make great parents too. Some of us are pretty good at it. Go see the movie Taken with Liam Neesom for proof.

If they do write Heather as the caring concerned mom and Mac as the uninterested, distant dad, I'm gonna be quite disappointed.

DelBubs
05-06-2011, 10:50 AM
From a generalized view, perception is that mothers would probably go further in actions to protect a child. In comics we tend to deal with generalisation more than reality. There's plenty of examples were a father has sacrificed his life to protect that of a child.

rplass
05-06-2011, 11:44 AM
I dont think the generalization is correct Dads are just as protective as moms. There are other generalizations in our society that are also wrong and would disappoint many of us if they were portrayed in a comic book .

Flightpath07
05-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Not meaning to touch any nerves here (isn't that a surgeon's job?); we have all heard of a mother's instinct, something ingrained into a woman from carrying a life within her for (up to) nine months.

A father's ability to protect his child at great lengths, would be based more upon something learned, rather than an instinct based mainly upon biology.

It may not ALWAYS hold true, but, in general, it does hold true most of the time. And, yes, i DO know mothers without those instincts (or at least not very strong ones).

NEVER, EVER, was it suggested that this has to do with loving a child more or less. And it was NEVER said by me that only mothers make good parents, either. Let's not find fault by putting words in one's mouth, okay? Again, if i hit a nerve, i am sorry i did so; but i still stand behind what i wrote. And, yes, i AM a loving father of one great girl.

suzene
05-06-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm gonna stick with Northstar for now, likely to change again at some point :-). He's the one with the least connections to Alpha, Aurora/Sas, Shaman/Snowbird, Mac/Heather and Marrina would just be happy to be back and with Alpha. If Cody gave Northstar the right incentive then I can see how he would relcutantly agree to lead 'Alpha Strike'.

Or Not :confused:

The note that strikes me as off there is that -- no matter how much or how little attachment he has to AF -- JP's past as a political terrorist makes me think he'd rather strangle on barbed wire than put himself in a position where he has to be answerable to a government he loathes. I'm also starting to think that Walter might be too obvious a choice, ditto Mac. So I'm back to Puck or Shaman.

rplass
05-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Not meaning to touch any nerves here (isn't that a surgeon's job?); we have all heard of a mother's instinct, something ingrained into a woman from carrying a life within her for (up to) nine months.

A father's ability to protect his child at great lengths, would be based more upon something learned, rather than an instinct based mainly upon biology.

Yeah I know the theory. Completely disagree with it. Let's move on though. Why don't we wait to see what happens with the baby before we start playing Nature vs. Nurture Smackdown, ok?!??!

Le Messor
05-07-2011, 05:24 PM
I think the betrayer will be Hedwig.

Phil
05-18-2011, 12:54 PM
I think I've figured out who the betrayer is! :cool:

From all the clues that FVL has given us, I think the betrayer is: *EDITED FOR QUOTE BACKGROUND*

I totally missed that you'd whited out your thought in a spoile, and thought you were just messing about.

You may well be on to something there...

Le Messor
05-19-2011, 05:59 AM
I totally missed that you'd whited out your thought in a spoile, and thought you were just messing about.

I'm not sure how likely it is if they're sticking closely with Byrne's work.

- Le Messor
"The hardest thing is writing a recommendation for someone we know."
~ Kin Hubbard

Legerd
05-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Going by what FVL has teased though it would make some sense.

Phil
06-11-2011, 10:57 AM
This week I'm definitely leaning towards Aurora being the traitor!

DelBubs
06-11-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm still confused, but have it narrowed down to 8 :-) . From the pics in the the last interview Aurora could be the traitor, but viewed in a different context Mac could be the one.

rplass
06-11-2011, 12:10 PM
The Box robot attacking people makes me think that Box is the traitor! Too obvious? I know Roger Bochs is dead and Jeffries is over at the X-Men but he does look like an Alpha Flight member is attacking other Alphans. Also, is Jerome Jaxon back?

Ben
06-11-2011, 12:22 PM
I suspect that those pics of Box are along the lines of Box-Bots made by Gary Cody and the Unity party to hunt down AF after they refuse to tote the line.

Ben

Le Messor
06-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Also, is Jerome Jaxon back?

But wasn't he brain-dead last time we saw him?
There's no way they could be bringing back a brain-dead ordinary human with a history with Alph--

Oh.

I'll shut up.

- Le Messor
"I’d love to, but I’m up to my elbows in waxy buildup."

SmurfInABlender
06-14-2011, 05:28 PM
I may be the only one that is loving this idea of the team splitting against eachother. It does sound like a really good fresh side where you want to root for one team but root for both in a way. Also, I love the redone look for PurpleWoman and I hope they use her more.. She learned to use a straightener.