PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Alpha Finds. ish.

Le Messor
04-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Last week, there was a used books sale, and I picked up a bunch of comics.

I haven't finished reading them yet, but I've found a couple of Alpha references that I don't think are in the 'appearances' list... but neither is an appearance.

Aurora kinda appears in X-Factor #136. The issue is on our appearances list, but only for Wildchild.
Tiny spoiler: Well, Mystique appears, but she appears to be Aurora.

In The Uncanny X-Men #323, Mac and Heather Hudson are mentioned by name - Charles has called them down to examine Wolverine (which happens in Wolverine #s 91 and 92, which are listed here.)
Maybe I should check if this one is on our appearances list or not before posting?
Nah, too lazy.

More later?

- Le Messor
"I think a good product would be “Baby Duck Hat”. It’s a fake baby duck, which you strap on top of your head. Then you go swimming underwater until you find a mommy duck and her babies, and you join them. Then, all of a sudden, you stand up out of the water and roar like Godzilla. Man, those ducks really take off! Also, Baby Duck Hat is good for parties."
~ Jack Handey

Flightpath07
04-03-2011, 04:24 AM
I agree. With Jack Handey, that is.

Flightpath07
04-03-2011, 04:26 AM
I am also very excited to be moving one block away from the "used book store/comic book store" that I frequented weekly from age 17 to 30. Haven't been there in a decade (it moved, and so did I); very exciting news!

Le Messor
04-03-2011, 05:05 AM
I am also very excited to be moving one block away from the "used book store/comic book store" that I frequented weekly from age 17 to 30. Haven't been there in a decade (it moved, and so did I); very exciting news!

Aren't you afraid it's just gonna move again?

- Le Messor
"I think too much, therefore I am too much. I wonder, therefore I might be."
~ Baron of Greymatter

DelBubs
04-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Or at the very least get a restraining order? :)

Phil
04-03-2011, 01:19 PM
I'll add the first one, but the 2nd is just a reference rather than an appearance so wouldn't count as such, but is a nice nod. The late 90's were quite nice for all being in synch timewise. unlike today's titles...

Le Messor
04-03-2011, 04:31 PM
the 2nd is just a reference rather than an appearance so wouldn't count as such

Yeah, that make sense.

- Le Messor
"I think we’re all Bozos on this bus."