PDA

View Full Version : Who's Behind The Scenes?

DelBubs
05-20-2011, 03:37 AM
Which person/villian is behind Gary Cody, if any?

I'm sticking with Pestilence :-)

Phil
05-20-2011, 05:23 AM
You & your Pestience :p

Le Messor
05-20-2011, 05:49 AM
A pox upon your pestilence!

I voted for The Other! That would be so cool...

- Le Messor
"Even the most beautiful views can get foggy sometimes."
~ McNally

rplass
05-20-2011, 07:54 AM
I'm going with the Master. Gotta be on the old skoo bandwagon with FVL and Greg Pak.

Ben
05-20-2011, 09:30 AM
I'm thinking Dreamqueen, since she is listed in the preview for Fear Itself: Fellowship of Fear (http://www.alphaflight.net/content.php?463-Alpha-Flight-3-Solicitation)

DelBubs
05-20-2011, 10:17 AM
All this Pestilence hate, you're just jealous of his bald head and snazzy 18th Century attire.

Le Messor
05-20-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm thinking Dreamqueen, since she is listed in the preview for Fear Itself: Fellowship of Fear (http://www.alphaflight.net/content.php?463-Alpha-Flight-3-Solicitation)

Ben, you make a very good point. I'd been wondering why they'd put a largely forgotten ('cept by us, of course) character in the new encyclopaedia; a connection to the concept of fear seemed a bit of a stretch.

All this Pestilence hate, you're just jealous of his bald head and snazzy 18th Century attire.

Well, I can't get clothes like that, and if I could I don't think I could pull off that look. Envy (and then hate) is the only option open to me.

- Le Messor
"I’d love to, but I have to sit up with a sick ant."

DelBubs
05-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Well, I can't get clothes like that, and if I could I don't think I could pull off that look. Envy (and then hate) is the only option open to me.

- Le Messor
"I’d love to, but I have to sit up with a sick ant."
What I love about this site is that on any other forum some pedantic t**t would have pointed out, with the aid of links, that Crozier sailed in the 1800's which would have made it 19th Century Attire and would I kindly only post on subjects that I had knowledge of. :-)

You must look beyond envy and hate, what about understanding and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.

DIGGER
05-21-2011, 12:55 AM
I know I may start sounding like a broken record but I still think that Jaxon is behind it all. He was Guardian/Mac's first personal nemesis who would stop at nothing to destroy Mac and Alpha.

DIGGER{guardian}

Le Messor
05-21-2011, 04:58 AM
What I love about this site is that on any other forum some pedantic t**t would have pointed out, with the aid of links, that Crozier sailed in the 1800's which would have made it 19th Century Attire and would I kindly only post on subjects that I had knowledge of.

Well, if I'd checked the issue I might've, but I didn't know the exact century off the top of my head...
You should probably forget I just admitted that.

I know I may start sounding like a broken record but I still think that Jaxon is behind it all.

*zzt* Jaxon *zzt* Jax*zzt* Jaxon is be...
now let's work on your DJ-style scratchin' record!

Nah, I'm not gonna say you're wrong, but I don't see him having the *kind* of power that this would take. It'd probably involve mind-control, resurrection, making a bad-guy look like a good guy,
which...
Delphine did, kind of, with Mac.

Uh, you may have something there.

- Le Messor
"The darkness of the soul is not lighted by moving the body to another place."
~ Eastern Proverb

Phil
05-21-2011, 07:06 AM
I think that Dreamqueen being in the handbook is just a coincidence.
There's no way Pak & Van Lente would let their secret nemesis be revealed early like that.
As to who it is... I'll read #1 and then vote. I'm cheeky like that.

Le Messor
05-21-2011, 05:19 PM
There's no way Pak & Van Lente would let their secret nemesis be revealed early like that.

Assuming they have that much control. I often wonder what's done by the creators, and what's editorial - what's a result of executive meddling.

- Le Messor
"I’d love to, but I left my body in my other clothes."

Legerd
05-21-2011, 10:38 PM
I think it's the Master of the World. He's tried using politics before to take over Canada before, plus he has the skills to fix Cody up, and make him a puppet. Of course I still want to see Smart Alec return if only as a consciousness. Hey, maybe that's what happened! Smart Alec's consciousness made it back to Earth during the Chaos War, and took over Cody's mindless body!