PDA

View Full Version : Will there be an Alpha Flight On going series?

Guardian98
07-13-2011, 07:24 PM
My question is that, since there is a this new mini-series, will it be possible for a new On-going series to come out? And if so, when?

-K-M-
07-13-2011, 07:51 PM
All depends on the sales of the mini, so if the mini sells well then yes there will be an on-going. However, as of yet it's still way to early to say if there will be an on-going or not.

So in the mean time enjoy the mini and buy lots of copies :)

Ahab
07-13-2011, 08:42 PM
All depends on the sales of the mini, so if the mini sells well then yes there will be an on-going. However, as of yet it's still way to early to say if there will be an on-going or not.

So in the mean time enjoy the mini and buy lots of copies :)

and Pre-order them!

Guardian98
07-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Haha, yeah it is a great mini-series and very awesome, hopefully it will get an on going!

Alpha Rider
07-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Well so far I don't think so. AF 0.1 was #62 of the top 300 books for may and sold 25,775 books for May 2011. Though the top selling book only sold 96,318.
Wow comic books selling under the 100,000 mark. Never thought I'd see this day. Back in the 90's selling 96,000 copies would break you into the top 100, not be #1.

suzene
07-14-2011, 03:14 AM
The numbers on the first issue sales may wind up being inflated. I've heard mentions from shop owners in other forums that issue #1 was double-shipped/overshipped, and the 0.1 issues in general had low initial orders because there wasn't a lot of interest in them, so it may be that we don't get a more accurate feel for the book's selling potential until the numbers for issue #2 are in.

Alpha Rider
07-14-2011, 06:01 PM
That's true. I just hope that the series dose well over the 8 part and good enough to give them an on going series. BTW I got the numbers from IVC2.com And what worries me more is the falling numbers all across the board. I also fear that even if AF dose good, because of the way thing are going there may not even be a series.

DelBubs
07-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Are they the figures for June? Just looked and couldn't find.

varo
07-14-2011, 09:16 PM
i fully believe that if a ongoing comes along it wont be a continuation of this maxi-series (9) it will get its own #1 re-launch.

Phil
07-15-2011, 05:59 AM

No, that's the figure for #0.1 (http://www.alphaflight.net/content.php?479-AF-0-1-Sales-Figures) and on the whole it was a good figure compared to the current industry.
June's figures haven't been released yet, which is odd, but probably to do with everyone in the industry getting ready for San Diego.

EDIT: June's sales index has just been released. Check the news story. Sales should follow soon.

Phil
07-15-2011, 06:00 AM
i fully believe that if a ongoing comes along it wont be a continuation of this maxi-series (9) it will get its own #1 re-launch.
Yeah, it's more likely to take the Agents of Atlas route and take half a year out and then have another maxi or an ongoing.

Centurymanstillsucks
07-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Oh it will have to be an Alpha Flight version 2.1 something. Bringing in new Flighters and trying to make Century Man cool this time and not just an old grouch...

Garry/Al-Fan
07-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Don't panic. # 2 tells/starts a good on-going story about Alpha Flight. This is the way it should be done. If they keep doing it like this for six more issues, the real buzz will grow and the craftsmanship will be seen...and appreciated.

Alpha Rider
07-15-2011, 08:48 PM
They should be out by late July, August. It take a while.

Alpha Rider
07-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Oh it will have to be an Alpha Flight version 2.1 something. Bringing in new Flighters and trying to make Century Man cool this time and not just an old grouch...
Isn't he dead?

Phil
07-16-2011, 05:53 AM
They should be out by late July, August. It take a while.

That's not entirely true.
The sales figures are generally out between 10th-15th of the following month, because the figures are based on the pre-orders for the direct market before the cut off date which is generally a month before the issue even hits the shops.
This month obviously all the major companies are gearing up for SDCC so there's a slight delay, but the Diamond Rank came out yesterday and ICv2's general month analysis is up (http://icv2.com/articles/news/20553.html), so sales figures should be soon.

Alpha Rider
07-16-2011, 06:11 PM
O.K. Thanks. I was never sure about how or when the number came out. But is there a difference between diamond and ICV2 numbers? The way it was eplained to me was that Diamond's were numbers of orders of the book, and IVC2 in actual sales of the book.

Phil
07-17-2011, 07:44 AM
ICv2's sales numbers are the number of comics ordered by/sold to Direct Market stores from Diamond before the Diamond cut off date.
So if a store buys 3000 copies of say 'The Stupendous X-Bat #1' and yet the store only sells 50 copies with 2,500 sitting on it's shelf/back issue bins forever it still counts as 3000 sales through Diamond.
That's why the sales figures don't necessarilly represent how many people are buying the title, especially when over prints, re-orders and adjusted final cut-off dates come into play.
Because of the non-return policy stores are more likely to under-order than over(hence the importance pre-ordering), but each owner will know their store and have a good idea what sells and how to order, but that's getting off track.

I'm not certain if the Diamond sales are based on just US/Canadian sales still, or if the worldwide sales count these days.

The Diamond index numbers are how titles sell compared to Batman, which is the title used as a Constant.
Detective Comics Batman, or whichever variation is the closest to it that month with re-titling etc, will always be 100.00 as in 100% as it's the constant.
Everything else is based how much better or worse it sells than Batman.

Taking AF(4) #1 into example (http://diamondcomics.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=3&s=5&ai=110909);

Batman #711 came in at 15th place.
Ultimate Spider-Man #160 came in 1st. It's Diamond index was 300 meaning it sold(or more accurately was bought from Diamond) 200% more than Batman #711.
AF #1 came in 20th. It's Diamond Index rating was 88.21 meaning it sold 11.79% less than Batman.
In comparison X-Factor #221 came in at 99th place, selling 53.77% less than Batman.

The Dollar Rank takes into account free copies for retailers (ie: Buy 100 copies of 'Miraculous Y-Woman #1 and we'll give you a 1:500 variant of 'Tangerine Lantern #76' or as swh_comicguy mentioned (http://www.alphaflight.net/showthread.php?5715-Article-Sales-Position-for-Alpha-Flight-(Vol.4)-1&p=81023&viewfull=1#post81023) retailers who ordered 25 copies of #1 got 25 copies free) hence AF #1's Dollar rank being less than the title below it.

I may not be making it any clearer, I know :-s

Legerd
07-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Actually, you answered all my questions perfectly. Thanks. :D

Alpha Rider
07-17-2011, 01:26 PM
I believe so.:confused: So what you are saying is that you don't know either, right?

Phil
07-17-2011, 01:30 PM
I don't know the numbers yet, as they haven't been released.

But the ICv2 sales numbers are the same as Diamonds sales numbers, if that's what you mean.

Alpha Rider
07-18-2011, 06:51 PM
I don't know the numbers yet, as they haven't been released.

But the ICv2 sales numbers are the same as Diamonds sales numbers, if that's what you mean.

Okay, I thought there was a differnce between the two. I thought that diamond was based on orders, and that ICV2 was based on sales of books.

Phil
07-19-2011, 06:22 AM
They describe it as:

These estimates are based on ICv2 estimates of comic sales by Diamond North America during May 2011. We are estimating actual sales by Diamond U.S. (primarily to North American comic stores), using Diamond's published sales indexes and publisher sales data to estimate a sales number for Batman (the anchor title Diamond uses in its calculations) and using that number and the indexes to estimate Diamond's sales on the remaining titles. We can check the accuracy of our numbers by comparing the Batman number that we calculate using multiple data points; our numbers for Batman withhin 1/10 of 1% of each other, ensuring a high degree of accuracy. They do not include sales made by Diamond UK, orders on these titles placed after the end of or copies purchased by Diamond but held in inventory at the end of May. This information may not be reproduced in any format without also crediting Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc.

which confirms that my sales mean absolutely nothing. Grr.

Phil
07-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Hmmm......

This could be something or absolutely nothing buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

The Previews Order form lists AF #5 as #5 (http://previewsworld.com/support/previews_docs/orderforms/AUG11_COF.txt) rather than #5 (of 8 ) as it has done for the previous issues...

The October solicits should be out any day now, now that SDCC is over.

It seems unlikely that it's been made ongoing without an announcement at SDCC though.

Phil
07-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Well, the actual solicits are out now and still no (of 8 ) attached.

Say... when's Fan Expo?

varo
07-25-2011, 12:31 PM
interesting. all the other mini's still have the x of x behind it, so maybe its not just a oversight. i really expected marvel to relaunch with a new #1. usually marvel loves to launch new #1 issues.

Flightpath07
07-25-2011, 01:33 PM
interesting. all the other mini's still have the x of x behind it, so maybe its not just a oversight. i really expected marvel to relaunch with a new #1. usually marvel loves to launch new #1 issues.

Ooo...I got spine-tinglies! (must be my spider-sense; hm...better make that my sloth-sense)

Doth this be an oversight, or mayeth good news be Midgard bound? Enquiring Asgardian minds (okay, okay! Slothful, lazy, Canadian minds, then! Fine, be that way!) wanna know!

Centurymanstillsucks
07-25-2011, 09:56 PM
If the boys writing and drawning think the can drag us along and keep us interested in whatever incarnation of Flighters they roll out then we'll get more.

If they want to dress up Beta Ray Bill again then no of us will care when we don't get a long run. If they want to give the writer's alittle freedom to roll along the lines of the original flight and talk about everything and anything who wouldn't toss down the money.

I noticed most of us here "remember" the original stories or at least the plot lines, it was those times between the hero villain conflict that was so great. Its why all the second comings just never reached the same level. The heart of a team book isn't who well a team fights together but how the manage to stay together in the 1st place with all those egos etc.

Anyone can put a maple leaf on and sing ole Canada but at the end of the day if you don't care what happens when we get home does it matter if Puck is there or not. I mean last week we all geeked out cause Puck was coming back. All I'm saying is without a heart under the leaf Guardian just might as well be an impostor or clone.

Trying to do the math is the world ready for bi-centennial man,yeah 100 years more experienced. I know he'd be 50 years to soon for the actual holiday but then again the play on words/character practically writes itself :)

Besides when this hopefully gets full run and when the actual bicentennial actually arrives then who looks like a genius ;)

Flightpath07
07-26-2011, 01:25 AM
and when the actual bicentennial actually arrives then who looks like a genius

Reed Richards?

Le Messor
07-26-2011, 07:12 AM
Besides when this hopefully gets full run and when the actual bicentennial actually arrives then who looks like a genius ;)

Reed Richards?

Doc Brown? He looks kind of like Einstein. (No, not his dog!)

I don't want to read too much into a lack of (of 8 )... but I don't like getting my hopes up. Those of you who do - hope along, Cassidies!

- Le Messor
"I’d love to, but I’m going down to the bakery to watch the buns rise."

Alpha Rider
08-01-2011, 10:55 PM
ICV2 number are in for AF 1 46,851 at number 20. I guess if the number keep holding up like this they just might make AF an on going title.

Sypes
08-02-2011, 02:58 PM
I have now increased my standing order for AF to 3 copies per issues: one for me, two for each of my godsons for Christmas presents. Couldn't think of a better gift to get them, and get new readers at the same time!

Flightpath07
08-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Nice one, Sypes!

varo
08-14-2011, 07:29 PM
on if fvl has confirmed the numbering on #5 as a ongoing

Fred Van Lente (http://www.formspring.me/FVanLente) FVanLente

No confirmation yet, no. You'd think they'd have to await for the right convention to announce such a thing.

Wildcard
08-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Fan Expo or bust! I wasnt going to go but Im thinking maybe I should now

DelBubs
08-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Being an Alpha fan I have grown pessimistic over the years. I hope I know where FVL comments are going, but am not going to break out the party poppers yet :-)

Phil
08-15-2011, 05:41 AM
Well, Fred's on two panels:

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/page/view/schedule

FRIDAY, AUGUST 26TH
MARVEL: FEAR ITSELF - The entire Marvel Universe is gripped with Fear!
The Serpent and hisWorthy continue their assault on Earth’s Mightiest,
sending mass panic across the globe – but what other threats can the
Avengers expect to face? Find out here as the creators behind the comic
blockbuster event of the year answer your questions and let you in on what
happens next! Join Matt Fraction (Fear Itself), Stuart Immonen (Fear Itself),
Fred Van Lente (Alpha Flight), Marvel SVP, Creator & Content Development
C.B. Cebulski and Marvel Editor In Chief Axel Alonso as they reveal the
Avengers’ deepest fears! 2:30 PM - ROOM 714

SATURDAY, AUGUST 26TH
MARVEL: PINT O’ C.B. - This is it, Mighty Marvel fans - the no-holds-barred,
anything goes, full of surprises panel you wait all year for, and it’s here!
Marvel SVP, Creator & Content Development, C.B. Cebulski, takes on all
questions, shocks the audience with jaw-dropping announcements and
guests, Matt Fraction (Thor), Jonathan Hickman (FF), Jason Aaron
(Wolverine), Dan Slott (Amazing Spider-Man), & Fred Van Lente (Herc)!
You better be here, because this is the panel that everyone will be talking
about! So head on over and grab a pint with C.B.! 5:30 PM - ROOM 714

Alphan East
08-15-2011, 11:07 AM
I am so hopeful that this becomes an on-going series. This incarnation of the Flight is the first one since Vol. 1 that I would really like to see continue... and I was starting to believe that I would never get to say that.
Vol. 2 brought in new characters that didn't even come close to measuring up to the original team.
Vol. 3 was... well, thankfully my medication still works enough to allow me to forget vol. 3. :)
And the Omega Flight series was not truly Canadian, no matter how they tried to pass it off as one. It was like bringing C.S.I. to film in Toronto for a couple of episodes, bringing in Paul Gross as an RCMP officer to help out on the case, and calling it a Canadian show.
This new series is amazing in both plot and visuals... they have breathed new life into this team, and it would be a shame to end it after only 8 issues.
Please note, this is just my opinion. And I'll be the first to admit that opinions are like strings... every yo-yo has one. :)
Thanks.

Flightpath07
08-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Hopeful. But hopes not getting overly high; been down this road too many times before. I'll believe it when i hear it, when i see it, when i hold it in my hands, and when it is too late to say "just kidding!" or "Alpha who?" or "didn't we kill those guys dead yet?". Still 'fondly' remember the ongoing that was downgraded at the last second in Omega flight - if that happens again, it'll be "buh-bye Marvel, you ain't getting my money EVER again!"

At the same time, if it DOES become an ongoing, then full kudos to Greg and Fred and Dale and the rest of the creative team for a job (and a sell) well done!

DelBubs
08-15-2011, 01:53 PM
I am so hopeful that this becomes an on-going series. This incarnation of the Flight is the first one since Vol. 1 that I would really like to see continue... and I was starting to believe that I would never get to say that.
Vol. 2 brought in new characters that didn't even come close to measuring up to the original team.
Vol. 3 was... well, thankfully my medication still works enough to allow me to forget vol. 3. :)
And the Omega Flight series was not truly Canadian, no matter how they tried to pass it off as one. It was like bringing C.S.I. to film in Toronto for a couple of episodes, bringing in Paul Gross as an RCMP officer to help out on the case, and calling it a Canadian show.
This new series is amazing in both plot and visuals... they have breathed new life into this team, and it would be a shame to end it after only 8 issues.
Please note, this is just my opinion. And I'll be the first to admit that opinions are like strings... every yo-yo has one. :)
Thanks.
Nicely put and I agree with everything you said. Now please excuse me while I go and read #3, only got it five minutes ago :-)

Ahab
08-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Well, Fred's on two panels:

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/page/view/schedule

FRIDAY, AUGUST 26TH
MARVEL: FEAR ITSELF - The entire Marvel Universe is gripped with Fear!
The Serpent and hisWorthy continue their assault on Earth’s Mightiest,
sending mass panic across the globe – but what other threats can the
Avengers expect to face? Find out here as the creators behind the comic
blockbuster event of the year answer your questions and let you in on what
happens next! Join Matt Fraction (Fear Itself), Stuart Immonen (Fear Itself),
Fred Van Lente (Alpha Flight), Marvel SVP, Creator & Content Development
C.B. Cebulski and Marvel Editor In Chief Axel Alonso as they reveal the
Avengers’ deepest fears! 2:30 PM - ROOM 714

August 26th is my birthday. That would be a sweet present.

Mokole
08-16-2011, 02:42 AM
Well, I got my 0.1 to #3 with two variants, so that's good news.

DelBubs
08-16-2011, 02:59 AM
Well, I got my 0.1 to #3 with two variants, so that's good news.
Enjoy your read and I hope you find them as good as what I have.

Le Messor
08-16-2011, 05:38 AM

What are you on?
And where can I get some?

- Le Messor
"To every rule there is an exception, and vice versa."

Talisman
08-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks.
I was sad that Seagle didn't get a chance to really work with the older cast, I really enjoyed that series, and wish I could have seen what he would have been able to do with the older crew.

Alpha Rider
08-17-2011, 09:10 PM
What are you on?
And where can I get some?

- Le Messor
"To every rule there is an exception, and vice versa."

Must had one too many Icecaps.

Flightpath07
08-18-2011, 02:56 AM
I was sad that Seagle didn't get a chance to really work with the older cast, I really enjoyed that series, and wish I could have seen what he would have been able to do with the older crew.

Agreed.

Phil
08-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Also, anyone going to Fan Expo - An Alpha Flight panel;

GREAT WHITE NORTHSTARS: ALPHA FLIGHT
WITH FRED VAN LENTE, DALE EAGLESHAM & CHRIS CLAREMONT.
FRIDAY, 1 PM - ROOM #717
MODERATOR: JASON SHAYER

DelBubs
08-21-2011, 10:04 AM

FRIDAY, 1 PM - ROOM #717
MODERATOR: JASON SHAYERHere's hoping Marvel do a live blog of this panel.

Phil
08-21-2011, 10:16 AM
I think this one's an independant one rather than a Marvel one.
The other two are likely to be live-blogged and the place an announcement would be made.

Flightpath07
08-21-2011, 12:40 PM
WITH FRED VAN LENTE, DALE EAGLESHAM & CHRIS CLAREMONT

Sounds like X-Men has big plans for Northstar, then?

Phil
08-21-2011, 01:04 PM
It's just what Fan Expo have called their panel. I don't think anything can be read into it.

Wolfie
08-21-2011, 04:51 PM
It's just what Fan Expo have called their panel. I don't think anything can be read into it.

Agreed.

Flightpath07
08-22-2011, 12:34 PM
But...but...reading things into things is what i DO!

Phil
08-23-2011, 07:07 AM
As of today with some hints and stuff dropped around the ol t'interweb I have a feeling that an announcement will be made at Fan Expo. Maybe not an ongoing, but definitely more in some form or another. Possibly an extension to the run or another Maxi.

Flightpath07
08-24-2011, 01:39 AM
Possibly an extension to the run

I could handle a 50-issue maxi-series of Flight!

I'd suggest making it twice-monthly, but have a feeling Dale's arm would cramp up.

Phil
08-24-2011, 03:44 PM
See http://www.alphaflight.net/showthread.php?p=82120 for more hints....

Phil
08-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Internet permitting Marvel will be Liveblogging their panels.

http://twitter.com/#!/Agent_M/status/106697909264859136

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1272246709/AgentM1_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/#!/Agent_M) @Agent_M (http://twitter.com/#!/Agent_M) Ryan Penagos

@AlphaFlight_net (http://twitter.com/AlphaFlight_net) if we can get internet access at @FanExpoCanada (http://twitter.com/FanExpoCanada), we'll liveblog all 8 panels.

Flightpath07
08-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Internet permitting Marvel will be Liveblogging their panels.

http://twitter.com/#!/Agent_M/status/106697909264859136

Sweet! What about mine?
Dude! What does mine say?
Sweet! What about mine?
Dude! What does mine say?

Talisman
08-26-2011, 12:17 AM
I seriously am sooo incredibly excited for the news!!!! Just give it to me already!

Flightpath07
08-26-2011, 03:40 AM
The news is that Alpha Flight is becoming the Canadian Avengers, to be led by Captian America.

just kiddin'

Le Messor
08-26-2011, 07:07 AM
The news is that Alpha Flight is becoming the Canadian Avengers, to be led by Captian America.
just kiddin'

Yeah, 'cept that already happened!

- LM
"I'd like to answer this question in two ways; first in my normal voice, and then in a silly, high-pitched whine."
~ Monty Python

Jason Eberly
08-26-2011, 07:39 AM
I just figured the news would be that Wolverine, Spider-Man, and Luke Cage are joining and there will be a new series called "Avengers Flight".

Oh, and Sasquatch will now be called "Orange Hulk", and his ex-wife will be turned into "Orange She-Hulk", and their heretofore unknown son will be introduced as "Sassy, Son of Orange Hulk"!

batman_von_gein
08-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Sasquatch will now be called "Orange Hulk", and his ex-wife will be turned into "Orange She-Hulk", and their heretofore unknown son will be introduced as "Sassy, Son of Orange Hulk"!

i would go postal on marvel if they did that. lol

Flightpath07
08-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Oh, and Sasquatch will now be called "Orange Hulk", and his ex-wife will be turned into "Orange She-Hulk", and their heretofore unknown son will be introduced as "Sassy, Son of Orange Hulk"!

Ooooo...I'd buy that!

Wait, no i wouldn't.

Or did I?

Flightpath07
08-26-2011, 08:34 AM
i would go postal on marvel if they did that

Technically, Marvel went postal on Alpha Flight already. You know, forcing "Mike the killer American mailman" onto the team? Yes, the same Mike who was a power-vampire, draining the lives of his innocent super-powered victims, all while wearing a replica Guardian suit made by Reed Richards and leading the (Omega) Flight squad.

Wow - when i read that back, it sounds more like a dream one would have after way too many burritos than an actual thought-out and planned comic book plot...

Phil
08-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Marvel's Liveblog hub is at http://marvel.com/news/story/16493/fan_expo_canada_2011_liveblog_central for anyone that's about.
I'll be around for the two possibly relevant panels and will be posting any relevant details in an article as they happen.

If anyone's attending either of the panels in person feel free to create your own report.

varo
08-26-2011, 10:22 AM
that stinks. the alpha flight panel at 1 today is not listed.

batman_von_gein
08-26-2011, 10:46 AM
I'll be around for the two possibly relevant panels and will be posting any relevant details in an article as they happen.

thanks phil for keeping us updated. i can't wait to hear their announcements, as long as it has to do with more alpha flight coming out of course.

Phil
08-26-2011, 01:35 PM
that stinks. the alpha flight panel at 1 today is not listed.

As I said earlier the AF panel is a general Fan Expo one rather than a Marvel one, so it wouldn't be unfortunately.

varo
08-26-2011, 01:54 PM
gotcha. so it would be unrealistic to expect a official announcement at a unoficial panel.

Phil
08-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Damn;

http://twitter.com/#!/Agent_M/status/107161823630995456 (http://twitter.com/#%21/Agent_M/status/107161823630995456)

@Agent_M (http://twitter.com/#%21/Agent_M) Ryan Penagos
Can't get internet in panel room at #fanexpocanada (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23fanexpocanada). Will have video of #fearitself (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23fearitself) panel later. Marvel.com/fanexpo2011

varo
08-26-2011, 04:49 PM
has anyone found any news from the alpha or fear itself panel? i can't find anything.

Phil
08-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Nup.
None of the news sites are doing big coverage of the expo so there's no immediate news and with Marvel's net problems they're behind as well.
It only finished 25 mins ago so give it a few hrs yet.

I'd imagine the announcement is more likely in tomorrows Pint O'CB Panel anyway.

SmurfInABlender
08-26-2011, 07:20 PM
"Announcement is, we are making Alpha Flight ongoing, but we're bring back that old Alpha flight that fans so loved from volume 3, and maybe throw Beta Ray Bill in there just for good measure. But if this fails, its because the readership just isn't there"

No but really, I hope the announcement is exciting and not a dud like "We're announcing that Madison Jeffries will be in an upcoming issue!"

What time is the panel tomorrow? I couldn't find any news online.

Phil
08-27-2011, 04:58 AM
What time is the panel tomorrow? I couldn't find any news online.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 26TH

*fingers crossed*

rplass
08-27-2011, 09:18 AM
I hope the announcement is exciting and not a dud like "We're announcing that Madison Jeffries will be in an upcoming issue!"

Speak for yourself! I think an announcement like that is very exciting!!! :)

Legerd
08-27-2011, 10:04 AM
As long as there are no slides of AF lying dead in the snow.

Flightpath07
08-27-2011, 05:57 PM
As long as there are no slides of AF lying dead in the snow.

Maybe we could get an Alpha Flight winter theme-park, where the main attraction would be the "Alpha Flight lying dead in the snow" downhill slide (cuz uphill slides would be ridiculous, right Mik?).

Le Messor
08-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Maybe we could get an Alpha Flight winter theme-park, where the main attraction would be the "Alpha Flight lying dead in the snow" downhill slide (cuz uphill slides would be ridiculous, right Mik?).

I thought all slides were uphill?
Hmm... Is this one of those Canadian/Australian differences? lt's really hard when you live upsidedown.

Phil
08-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Agent_M (http://twitter.com/#%21/Agent_M) Ryan Penagos

Just announced at #fanexpocanada (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23fanexpocanada): ALPHA FLIGHT is now ongoing! Big ups to @fredvanlente (http://twitter.com/fredvanlente), @gregpak (http://twitter.com/gregpak), @daleeaglesham (http://twitter.com/daleeaglesham) & crew!

DelBubs
08-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Get in ! :D

Mokole
08-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Yee and Haw!

Alpha Rider
08-27-2011, 08:49 PM
I thought all slides were uphill?
Hmm... Is this one of those Canadian/Australian differences? lt's really hard when you live upsidedown.

And our toilet water spins the other way too.

Flightpath07
08-27-2011, 08:57 PM
And our toilet water spins the other way too.

If it shoots upwards, its a bidet.

In Australia, i believe they call that a drinking fountain?

Flightpath07
08-27-2011, 08:59 PM
btw, the answer to the question in this thread's title?

"Yup."

Sasquatch17
08-28-2011, 12:14 AM
agent_m (http://twitter.com/#%21/agent_m) ryan penagos

just announced at #fanexpocanada (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23fanexpocanada): Alpha flight is now ongoing! Big ups to @fredvanlente (http://twitter.com/fredvanlente), @gregpak (http://twitter.com/gregpak), @daleeaglesham (http://twitter.com/daleeaglesham) & crew!

awesome!!!

Le Messor
08-28-2011, 01:19 AM
Alpha Rider is right, I believe.

If it shoots upwards, its a bidet.
In Australia, i believe they call that a drinking fountain?

I refuse to answer that on the grounds that eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

Flightpath07
08-28-2011, 02:38 AM
I refuse to answer that on the grounds that eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

lol. again with the guffaw-ing.

Legerd
08-28-2011, 02:41 AM
Then I guess there's only one thing left to say: THREAD CLOSED! :D

Phil
08-28-2011, 04:52 AM

FRIDAY, 1 PM - ROOM #717
MODERATOR: JASON SHAYER

The host of the panel Jason has gotten in touch to let me know that he'll be posting a transcript of the panel over at his site, http://marvel1980s.blogspot.com/, in the coming week.
If you haven't visited the site before you definitely should; there's much love for the 'Flight within it.

DelBubs
08-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Time to close this baby methinks.