08-04-2011, 07:51 AM
There it is!

Le Messor
08-04-2011, 07:59 AM
That's woop...
:)

Flightpath07
08-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Then what's a woot? Is that what Horton hears?

(As Poison says, i am "tragically unhip")

Alpha Rider
08-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Tim Horton's? mmmmm doughnuts.

Mokole
08-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Unhip in the 50 Mission Cap? The Hip like Tim Doughnut, I'm sure...

Le Messor
08-05-2011, 04:51 PM
That's woop...

Wait, no, it's whoomp!

Then what's a woot? Is that what Horton hears?

Alpha Rider - pick me up a doughnut while you're there!

(I can't tell if you really don't know or you're just playing, so: 'Woot!' means congratulations, but you can also use it on yourself. It can mean 'I'm so excited, I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!'... Is it an Aussie thing?)

- Le Messor
"I’d love to, but my chocolate-appreciation class meets that night."

Flightpath07
08-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Is it an Aussie thing?

It might be. Nope, seriously had never heard (or seen) "Woot" before, which is why I asked (or did I?)...yup, I checked, and I did indeed ask.

Le Messor
08-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Is it Aussie?
Hmm...
Apparently (http://www.unwords.com/unword/woot.html)
not (http://www.internetslang.com/WOOT.asp).

... I didn't know where it came from, I've just heard it often enough in mixed contexts that it's in my vocabulary.

- Le Messor
"I'll show you a thing or three."
~ Groucho

Alpha Rider
08-05-2011, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=Le Messor;81650]

Alpha Rider - pick me up a doughnut while you're there!

Do you want an Icecap as well?

Alpha Rider
08-05-2011, 05:59 PM
I've heard/read the that word a few times but it was written/pronounced wot, as in what. But it was used in East end London slang. I'm also a big fan of the NWOBHM. so I've read alot of books to do with that.

And I thought "Whoomp" was from Totally Spies show.

Le Messor
08-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Do you want an Icecap as well?

I don't know what that is, but I'll take it!

(Whoomp! There It Is is an early hip-hop song by Tag Team. I mostly know it from the Addams Family Values soundtrack, where it has Addams-related lyrics.)

- Le Messor
"The only thing that's going to bring me inner peace is a beard-seeking missile."
~ Bernard Black

Alpha Rider
08-06-2011, 06:30 PM
I don't know what that is, but I'll take it!

(Whoomp! There It Is is an early hip-hop song by Tag Team. I mostly know it from the Addams Family Values soundtrack, where it has Addams-related lyrics.)

- Le Messor
"The only thing that's going to bring me inner peace is a beard-seeking missile."
~ Bernard Black

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50511_54906882476_2280619_n.jpg
It's tall (if you get a large) cool, and addictive. It's basiclly cappuccino flavored ice mush, but taste great.

And I never listened to hip hop.

Le Messor
08-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Now I want it more...
and neither did I, much. I did listen to the radio at the time, though (and Addams s'track, as mentioned).

Flightpath07
08-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Just ten minutes ago, purchased two more (new-to-me) Alpha Flight appearances: X-Men Chronicles # 1 , and X-Men Unlimited # 45.

:)

Alpha Rider
08-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Unlimited X-men 45 is a decent stroy, should I tell you what happens?

Flightpath07
08-15-2011, 09:30 PM
should I tell you what happens?

But I will be reading it myself in under an hour!

Le Messor
08-16-2011, 05:39 AM
But I will be reading it myself in under an hour!

That's what you said 7 hours ago!
(At least according to the bit above your name.)

- Le Messor
"To err is human, to forgive is against company policy."

DelBubs
08-16-2011, 06:33 AM
I think most people can read a comic in under a hour. Not much of an opening gambit really FP. I raise with 'I can read a comic in under a half hour and scratch my head at the same time'.

Flightpath07
08-16-2011, 07:21 AM
Actually, I purchased a whole swack of used comics. That issue was in the pile, I had to work my way down to it (while also watching a couple of Thai action movies). Issue was good; I see where the confusion over whether Mac died in that issue comes from - seems to me, he did, once. Not the time where he got revived by Angels' blood, but before that. He was dead, not breathing, for quite a length of time, and his brain was only kept intact through Shaman's help.

Flightpath07
08-16-2011, 02:24 PM
On a good note (see my "Bummed" thread to know the bad note), I just received, via Canada Post, 4 more Alpha Flight appearances; Uncanny X-men issues 421 and 422, and Wolverine issues 179 and 180.

Yay!

Diggin' the way Matt Nixon writes both Wolverine and his interactions with Alpha; great sense of humour!

Phil
08-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I didn't mind Nixon's issues, or his Weapon X Wildchild oneshot.
In a way it was a shame more wasn't done with Moss, although with Talisman still alive he's kinda not needed.

Flightpath07
08-16-2011, 05:25 PM
In a way it was a shame more wasn't done with Moss, although with Talisman still alive he's kinda not needed.

To my knowledge (and I have only read 0.1 and 1 of Volume 4 so far), Talisman and Earthmover haven't even been mentioned by Shaman. Not sure if Freg is trying to distance himself from the two characters by ignoring them, but I think it is a real shame to not show them or show his (Mike's) concern for them. Canada is a big country - I question whether or not ONE magic-user would be enough for keeping the whole country safe.

Phil
08-17-2011, 05:33 AM
Yeah, I get that.
I wasn't on about in this Volume specifically though, just the whole idea of Shaman having another protegé seemed redundant with Talisman around.

Flightpath07
08-17-2011, 06:32 AM
the whole idea of Shaman having another protegé seemed redundant with Talisman around.

They did tend to have something of an on-again, off-again relationship, Shaman and Talisman. As the Binder Of Spirits, what can she really be taught by him (other than patience and compassion)?

Jason Eberly
08-17-2011, 06:45 PM
They did tend to have something of an on-again, off-again relationship, Shaman and Talisman. As the Binder Of Spirits, what can she really be taught by him (other than patience and compassion)?

I hear Shaman can bake a mean flan. I'm sure he could teach her some mad cooking skills!

Jason Eberly
08-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Oh, and I am now the proud(?) owner of the entire Volume 3 of Alpha Flight.

They are...interesting.

Yeah...I'll stick with 'interesting'.

Flightpath07
08-18-2011, 02:58 AM
Oh, and I am now the proud(?) owner of the entire Volume 3 of Alpha Flight.

They are...interesting.

Yeah...I'll stick with 'interesting'.

Volumne 3 filled me up with laughter, for a while. But by the time I was done reading them, they left me with a hollow feeling inside. I remember closing the last one up, and just staring at the floor blankly, numbly. Ugh.

That numbness never went away. The way they were treated as some sort of joke, just sucked the life out of me.

Jason Eberly
08-18-2011, 07:13 AM
The jokes and humor theme aren't what bothered me.

It was the sheer enormity of some of the plot holes.

Did I miss how Sasquatch got free/escaped/avoided the Plodex in the first arc?
Or the complete lack of common sense a (supposedly) brilliant person like Sasquatch would have in thinking, "Oh, if I change a pretty crucial point in history, everything will just turn out fine!" Heck, anyone who's seen Back to the Future knows better than that!
Or the blase attitude everyone had as Nemesis continued to kill their teammates?

But I'm sure this has all been discussed ad nauseum here before so I will stop now.