PDA

View Full Version : Bummed

Flightpath07
08-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Just got my order of comics in the mail, from mailordercomics.com, and Alpha Flight # 2 is not in amongst them. Unshipped this month, this means I have to wait a whole 'nother month before receiving it.

My 0.1 issue shipped a whole month late to me, as well. Is Marvel having some sort of trouble getting this comic to their major online retailers?

The delays I am experiencing (which are unprecedented), and sometimes having to wait two months betweeen issues, is making it very hard to be excited about the series. No fault of the creative team, so where does the fault lie? Is it Marvel's fault, or is mailordercomics.com just having some sort of difficulties they have never experienced before in the three or four years I have been using their service, and only with the Alpha Flight title?

Phil
08-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Absolutely nothing to do with Marvel.
They print & ship according to Diamond numbers & Diamond then distribute allotted issues to stores according to orders.
What's more likely is that the site you've ordered from under-ordered & sent your copy to someone who didn't originally order it but gets their comics more frequently that now wants a copy, hoping they could back order you a copy in time.

Flightpath07
08-16-2011, 05:26 PM
If so, it didn't work. And with me (especially lately, wanting to sample all the new DC series) ordering 30 comics a month lately, you'd think that I would have priority...

Alpha Rider
08-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Blame the post office. ;)

DelBubs
08-16-2011, 08:02 PM
The urge to quote South Park is over whelming.

Flightpath07
08-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Blame the post office.

Can't. All comics ordered are shipped once per month, at end of month. Everything was sent, BUT Alpha Flight.

Fired off an email, requesting clarification. Not very happy about 8 to 9 weeks wait between reading issue 1 and issue 2.

Alpha Rider
08-17-2011, 03:03 AM
Still, blame the post office. They probably have something to do with it.

Phil
08-17-2011, 05:36 AM
If so, it didn't work. And with me (especially lately, wanting to sample all the new DC series) ordering 30 comics a month lately, you'd think that I would have priority...
It tends to be people that have been using the service longer that get priority.
I can't say for sure though, never having used the site in question.
I may be completely wrong.

Flightpath07
08-17-2011, 06:34 AM
I may be completely wrong.

And I may be completely right. Doubtful, but mathematically possible.

Mokole
08-17-2011, 10:39 PM
I drove to the city (two + hours away) with the kids for the day, that's how I got my 0.1-#3.

Le Messor
08-18-2011, 06:40 AM
That's gotta be sooo frustrating. Sorry, man. :/

- LM
Willow: We had kind of a pajama party sleepover with weapons thing.
Xander: Oh. And I don't suppose either of you had the presence of mind to locate a camera to capture the moment.

Flightpath07
08-18-2011, 07:06 AM
Not as frustrating as when Bendis killed off Alpha Flight. or when Volume 3 ended on such a bad note. Or when Byrne killed off Guardian. or...

...you get the picture.

Mildly annoying, that's what this is.

Le Messor
08-18-2011, 07:18 AM
As mildly annoying as this?

Jason Eberly
08-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Don't worry...

I'm sure no one will spoil number three;s shockers like Puck actually being a disguised Howars the Duck since it is hunting season, and the mastermind behind Unityis Pink Pearl.

Nope, no one would do anything so foolish...

Le Messor
08-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Uh, Jason, you weren't supposed to say those things on this thread. We have spoiler threads for that!

Jason Eberly
08-18-2011, 07:50 AM
Don't worry, I would never spoil anything so important like Aurora now has a new personality, that of the volleyball "Wilson" from the movie Castaway.

Or that Mac and Heather's baby was adopted by Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie then immediately traded to Madonna for a 2nd round draft pick in 2016.

Or that Sasquatch makes extra money on the weekends as a member of the Ice Capades homage to Masters of the Universe (Yep, he plays Beast-Man...who knew Walt could skate so gracefully?).

How could anyone think of spoiling such big developments as those?

Le Messor
08-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Just as long as you don't spoil the part where it turns out Gary Cody was really Old Man Withers, who runs the haunted amusement arcade.

I feel sorry for anyone who gets that twist spoiled!

Jason Eberly
08-18-2011, 08:22 AM
And he would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for the meddling of that surprising new Alpha member, Dyna-Mutt!

But yeah...we wouldn't want to spoil that for anybody.

DelBubs
08-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Gentlemen please, I am a bit concerned that one of you might let slip (inadvertently) the existence of the panel where in front of the assembled team, Aurora states
"My name is Fritz'
These aren't real tits
and I work for the CIA"
and as of this moment we don't know for definate that the panel will ever be used.

Alphan East
08-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Fritz... from the CIA... man, did not see THAT one coming. :)

Flightpath07
08-18-2011, 02:02 PM
As mildly annoying as this?

My first wife had that image on a shirt, lol.

Flightpath07
08-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Okay, okay...you people are all comedians!

On another note (any-hoo...), I just heard back from mailordercomics.com, who kindly responded to my emailed inquiry. They tell me that the dsitributer who sends out the Alpha Flight comics to them, has been massively shorting them every month!

I'm thinking about this, and it makes me wonder if that means that more people are buying Alpha Flight than said distributor planned for...if so, there is at least a ray fo sunshine beneath my clouds somewhere!

(Mind you, that ray of sunshine is probably Puck's new power manifesting...every time he eats Skittles candies, he breaks out in a beaming smile and sings showtunes!)

Le Messor
08-18-2011, 04:09 PM
You have been reading spoilers!

Jason Eberly
08-18-2011, 07:18 PM
On another note (any-hoo...), I just heard back from mailordercomics.com, who kindly responded to my emailed inquiry. They tell me that the dsitributer who sends out the Alpha Flight comics to them, has been massively shorting them every month!

Did they offer you any sort of compensation for your misfortune? After all, you fulfilled your end of your contract with them by paying them in advance. Unless there is a clause somewhere that "items may not always be shipped on time" or somesuch, then I feel they should make it up to you somehow (extra discount, free shipping, credit, etc.).

(See, I can be serious! And please, call me Shirley.)

~Jason

Alpha Rider
08-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Did they offer you any sort of compensation for your misfortune? After all, you fulfilled your end of your contract with them by paying them in advance. Unless there is a clause somewhere that "items may not always be shipped on time" or somesuch, then I feel they should make it up to you somehow (extra discount, free shipping, credit, etc.).

~Jason

Hey. Do you work for the post office? "items may not always be shipped on time" That's the post office motto.

Flightpath07
08-18-2011, 08:25 PM

~Jason

No, no compensation offered. This isn't the first time that items I have ordered have taken an extra month to get to me, either. Not sure about the "not on time" clause, but I'll check around.

Yeah, customer service doesn't seem to mean much anymore, does it? best part is, they admit they now have all the Alpha Fligth # 2s they asked for...but they won't send me mine until my next order is due to be shipped, which is about two weeks from now.

So, basically, not only do they pass the savings on to me (I do get my comics at a discount below cover price), but when THEY get screwed over, they pass THAT on to me as well!

Ah well...I'm a Flight fan, I should be used to getting the shaft.

Mokole
08-19-2011, 01:52 AM
Ah yes, Shaft. not the greatest movie but some nice music for the ages.

Le Messor
08-19-2011, 07:38 AM
Ah yes, Shaft. not the greatest movie but some nice music for the ages.

If I said 'Shut your mouth' here, would it be misunderstood?