PDA

View Full Version : What Do YOU Want From Alpha Flight?

Phil
08-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Without going into too much detail, what/who would you like to see in Alpha Flight (Vol.4) #9 onwards and why?

Canucklehead
08-28-2011, 02:35 PM
I'd love to see Snowbird fleshed out more. They are really playing up her shape shifting in the new series, which is awesome, but I'd like to see her (verbally) step out of the background more often. Being a Goddess, I always imaged her as the Thor of the team. I'd like to see the bad guys fear and respect her Narya form. She been around long enough, she shouldn't have to turn into the Wendigo and say BOO! for people to fear her. I'd also like her to visit her parents more. Like Thor, I'd like to see her go back and forth from the "God plain" and Earth. I want to see the team from a God's perspective. I'd also like them to do something with Anne McKenzie now that she's being used again. Does she have her own personality or is she just another shape? I find it funny she, a God, (along with Shaman) is the only one with a day job. I'd like to see her job be of use to the team like when she was an RCMP.

I love that they're giving Mac a personality. Along with Heather, as Leader, he is the only one who can take off the suit and be a normal person. I'd like to see that explored. And maybe for one storyline see what it would be like if the Northern God's (somehow) gave him the power of the suit. Since it's powered by the Earth, I figured they could (somehow) make HIM powered by the earth to officially become the North's Guardian. Since he's a reluctant hero to begin with, I thought it might be fun to explore how his daily life would change if given powers he never wanted. To go from a Iron Man/Cap type of hero to a "Superman-light" type. Not permanently, just for a storyline or two. Afterwards, when he turns back to normal, he'll appreciate the freedom he has and be able to relate to Northstar a little more, knowing he can't just turn off his mutant power.

DelBubs
08-28-2011, 02:35 PM
I haven't really thought about it, but some of the better oldies to put in an appearence. Maybe Dreamqueen, The Master (if he doesn't appear beforehand), and Talisman. Also, just a continuance of the excellent writing and art we've had so far.

Alphan East
08-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Two things: Keep it simple and keep it entertaining.
Bring in some more of the early Alphans (Madison Jeffries in particular). while staying away from the later ones (Please God... nothing from vol. 3). Maybe find a way to bring back Diamond Lil and Nemesis, two of my favourite secondary characters.
Continue to focus on the actual character dynamics and bring in interesting villains that can create an extended story arc... not just a "bad-guy of the month" that appears in one issue, gets the crap kicked out of them, and we never hear from them again. I've always thought that villains like the Master, Graviton, or even the Great Beasts are layered enough to provide a strong story arc. There's also plenty of cross-over potential with Wolverine, Wild Child, and Sabertooth. Even the Magik - Witchfire connection could turn into an Alpha Flight/New Mutants story.
My point is... there is so much material available that they do not need to bring in a bunch of new stuff just for the heck of it. My Dad always told me when I was younger... "if its not broken, don't fix it". :)

Ahab
08-28-2011, 03:12 PM
I agree with Del. I'd love to see Dreamqueen again, plus revisiting the Master, Talisman, Flashback, Nemesis, Bochs, Goblyn and Laura. I want Jeffries to return. I hope that the creative team puts their spin on a Beta Flight and a new Omega Flight. And I hope we get to see Marrina clock Namor. :D

Silvian_Bruno
08-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Well, regarding volume 3, I sent Van Lente a gushy nerd fan email awhile back that brought it up, and he replied that he hasn't even read it, so I consider that yet more good news, really. As for what I'd like to see? Jeffries. From what I've read of Pak, he's good with brilliant savant types, so that I'd like to see.

Alphan East
08-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Definitely bring back Talisman. In many ways, she is just as powerful as Shaman. Plus, she was so devastated in the Omega Flight series over her father's apparent death, she should be showing up soon.
Same with Wolverine. Mac and Heather were pretty much the only "family" he has ever had... hoping for an emotional reunion for the three of them once Heather gets her head on straight again. :)

cmdrkoenig67
08-28-2011, 03:55 PM
I also agree about the Dreamqueen....She's one of the few triumphs of the Mantlo's run (I also happen to have liked Pestilence...He was just sooooo darned evil).

I also mentioned in another thread about expanding the supporting cast (Walter's never before seen son, Heather's huge family, former team members who are now possibly de-powered, etc...)

@Canucklehead, I've never heard of Mac's suit being Earth-powered...Heather's second powersuit in Vol. 2 was Earth-powered (and possibly magic, that mystery was never cleared up), but Mac's suits have always been electro-magnetic energy generating.

I would like to see the North gods be shown as major manipulators, constantly meddling in mortal affairs (doing some nasty deeds here and there too to further their own ends)...maybe putting Snowbird and Alpha at odds on occasion.

Villains I'd like to see also (some have already been mentioned), The Master, the Great Beasts, Graviton, Caliber (don't laugh! LOL!), Nemesis (not necessarily as an enemy, just more of a vigilante thorn-in-Alpha's side and there's no reason why it has to be the same woman, as most of the times she's appeared it seems to have been various women, anyway)....I'd really love to see Delphine Courtney uploaded/rebooted/etc.. into a new body somehow (Jerry Jaxon alive would also be deliciously evil)...Wild Child too.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67
08-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Oh...I want a team pic cover by John Byrne too...:D

Dana

Sypes
08-28-2011, 07:08 PM
As I mentioned before, they can bring back whoever they want, as long as it's done with a meaningful purpose, smartly and it contains some kind of evolution in the development of the character.

Duane V
08-28-2011, 08:08 PM
As I mentioned before, they can bring back whoever they want, as long as it's done with a meaningful purpose, smartly and it contains some kind of evolution in the development of the character.

I Want JOHN BYRNE on COVERS, I Want a First Rate Marketing / Promo campaign by Marvel! I want BOWEN STATUS of Guardian, Vindicator, Northstar, Aurora, Snowbird, Shaman, Marrina, Talisman and SASQUATCH. I want a Hardcover collection of the Entire Byrne Collection.

Flightpath07
08-28-2011, 09:32 PM
I'd love to see Snowbird fleshed out more. They are really playing up her shape shifting in the new series, which is awesome, but I'd like to see her (verbally) step out of the background more often. Being a Goddess, I always imaged her as the Thor of the team. I'd like to see the bad guys fear and respect her Narya form. She been around long enough, she shouldn't have to turn into the Wendigo and say BOO! for people to fear her. I'd also like her to visit her parents more. Like Thor, I'd like to see her go back and forth from the "God plain" and Earth. I want to see the team from a God's perspective. I'd also like them to do something with Anne McKenzie now that she's being used again. Does she have her own personality or is she just another shape? I find it funny she, a God, (along with Shaman) is the only one with a day job. I'd like to see her job be of use to the team like when she was an RCMP.

Totally agree with Canucklehead on this. Great points!

he'll appreciate the freedom he has and be able to relate to Northstar a little more, knowing he can't just turn off his mutant power.

This is also a good point. Disagree with the rest about Mac's powers, however.

Bring in some more of the early Alphans (Madison Jeffries in particular). while staying away from the later ones (Please God... nothing from vol. 3). Maybe find a way to bring back Diamond Lil and Nemesis, two of my favourite secondary characters.

Alphan East, although i hated most of the stories in Volume 3, i think a lot of the characters there were really good, and would have no probloem seeing more of them (anyone who has read my rants in favour of Rob Liefeld knows that i REALLY appreciate the creation of good characters!). Outside of Yukon Jack (who i really think would make a better villain, and for sure a great foil for Snowbird, lol), I don't think i'd like any to actually join the team, tho.

There's also plenty of cross-over potential with Wolverine, Wild Child, and Sabertooth. Even the Magik - Witchfire connection could turn into an Alpha Flight/New Mutants story.

Yup, for sure.

I want Jeffries to return.

Um...no thanks! After how he was so reluctant as a hero when he originally showed up, and then later his convoluted relationship with Heather...i really don't think FVL and Pak will want to touch this guy. And nor should they, imho.

And I hope we get to see Marrina clock Namor.

Lol. That should be at the top fo the list. That's still gonan be an awesome sight. Hm...maybe we should add a few appearance by Mailman Mike, with the team standing in a line and everyone taking turns b*t%#-slapping him! lol.

Definitely bring back Talisman. In many ways, she is just as powerful as Shaman. Plus, she was so devastated in the Omega Flight series over her father's apparent death, she should be showing up soon.
Same with Wolverine. Mac and Heather were pretty much the only "family" he has ever had... hoping for an emotional reunion for the three of them once Heather gets her head on straight again.

Yes, yes, and yes! Although...colour me weird, but i do not see Heather being a 'good guy' in the near future. I could be wrong, but...

I also agree about the Dreamqueen....She's one of the few triumphs of the Mantlo's run (I also happen to have liked Pestilence...He was just sooooo darned evil).

I also mentioned in another thread about expanding the supporting cast (Walter's never before seen son, Heather's huge family, former team members who are now possibly de-powered, etc...)

Pestilence was great, and should be brought back...agreed! And, yes, continue the "Alpha is a family (disfunctional, tho)" line of thought, for sure!

I would like to see the North gods be shown as major manipulators, constantly meddling in mortal affairs (doing some nasty deeds here and there too to further their own ends)...maybe putting Snowbird and Alpha at odds on occasion.

Awesome idea!

Villains I'd like to see also (some have already been mentioned), The Master, the Great Beasts, Graviton, Caliber (don't laugh! LOL!), Nemesis (not necessarily as an enemy, just more of a vigilante thorn-in-Alpha's side and there's no reason why it has to be the same woman, as most of the times she's appeared it seems to have been various women, anyway)....I'd really love to see Delphine Courtney uploaded/rebooted/etc.. into a new body somehow (Jerry Jaxon alive would also be deliciously evil)...Wild Child too.

Agree with all of these.

Hm. Not much more to add, you have all really covoured most of the major stuff already! Hm...I would like to see the series be written just a bit like the West Coast Avengers run was at its beginning. That series was always more about character conflict within the team, more than the villains they fought. Everyone argued with everybody else, yet somehow they also still got along and did a great job; like family. Oh, and the way they dragged out the "who will be the sixth member" storyline was great; Alpha could easily eventually do something of that sort as well.

Nobody mentioned Earthmover yet. Even if he isn't 'used', per se, we should still get some sort of update on him that at least explains where he is and what he has been doing!

Looking forward to a great, long run of the The Flight! May those Canadian outlaws live forever!

Talisman
08-29-2011, 12:02 AM
I want the Dreamqueen to be brought back, a new Beta, Gamma and Omega Flights, Lil, Jeffries and Wildchild brought back. A new Box, preferably not Jeffries. More Master (I'm almost positive he's behind the stuff currently going down) a gigantic Great Beasts story. I'd love to see more Earthly avatars of the great beasts, ya know. Ghost Girl, Flex, Radius and Murmur to come back. Some awesome new villains. A crossover with the Hulk, or the X-Men. New characters who aren't going to be part of the team, just expand the group of Canadian supers. I'm sure I can think of more if I put my mind to it. And of course, Talisman is to be brought back immediately.

Legerd
08-29-2011, 03:28 AM
I want to see Snowbird get an arch-nemesis in Raven the trickster, or Loki. Someone who could mess with her on a godly level, and engage her in a kick butt shape shifting battle.

I like Talisman's idea of the Great Beasts having Earthly avatars, but I'd want them more like Juggernaut: humans embodying the gods' powers. They wouldn't be as powerful as the Beasts, but you'd have a nice little super villain group working to constantly bring the GB's back, or just using their powers to create mayhem.

AF needs more supporting characters like Kyle. Puck needs a girlfriend for starters. Walter should stop chasing after Aurora, it's obvious she ain't into him at this point, and find a new squeeze. Snowbird should find a new love interest too.

Bring back Colin Hume, either re-powered as Windshear, or put him in the Box armour if we can't have Jefferies. Colin is too good a character to waste. Maybe stick him in Beta Flight at first.

Mac and Walter should be putting their great intellects to better use, and supe up AF's existing tech. Why not use the Guardian tech in their Alpha jets so they can jaunt across the continent, or the ocean, albeit in a westerly direction only?

Build up a really good, really deep pool of villains. Make one of them Graviton. Put together a villain group to rival AF.

batman_von_gein
08-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Walter should stop chasing after Aurora, it's obvious she ain't into him at this point, and find a new squeeze.

i agree. Walter should go after some one more like him. here is my pick.
SQUIRREL GIRL

Le Messor
08-29-2011, 07:15 AM
I'd like to see the team having lives outside of superheroics, so we get to spend time with them as people.
I want them having good times to counteract the constant fighting.

I want to see heroes saving the world. I want so spend time on it, too; show them working out the villain's plot, and tension over just how they'll foil it.

I'd like to see a realistic colour scheme, rather than the washed-out drab one that's de rigeur these days. I want some green - and I don't just mean on thirty-year-old costumes.

I'd like to see the team upholding ideals of heroism and nobility.

Y'know, the usual stuff I blubber about.

- Le Messor
How many Zen Buddists does it take to change a lightbulb?
Four, one to change it, one not to change it, and one to change and not to change it.

batman_von_gein
08-29-2011, 08:08 AM
i would love to see some of beta, gamma, and omega flight come back. my biggest hope is the return of gilded lily and pink pearl. loved those two as villians and pink pearls group of carnies was great. my main want tho is a great comic that last for a very long time.

DelBubs
08-29-2011, 12:11 PM
As we are likely to see appearences from second stringers in the 'Commonwealth of Heroes'. I think it would be a perfect opportunity to reawaken the 'ClanDestine'. Like the original 'New Warriors' they were the nearest to the way Alpha were portrayed.

Flightpath07
08-29-2011, 12:28 PM
How many Zen Buddists does it take to change a lightbulb?
Four, one to change it, one not to change it, and one to change and not to change it.

And one to miscount it.

rplass
08-29-2011, 01:07 PM
I'd like to see Canada. It's a big beautiful country and I would love to see more of it.

I also want the kids back, in Beta/Gamma Flights

Also, I want Zuzha Yu back, with her backstory as Puck's daugter properly explained.

And more appearances for Rocksie, who deserves an ongoing series as a spinoff.

Talisman
08-29-2011, 01:37 PM
I think seeing members of Weapon Prime show up would be fun. Maybe have Llan come back as well. A new Zodiac, maybe more mystical ties to them. Gilded Lily and Smart Alec's return.

Alphan East
08-29-2011, 01:51 PM
I'd like to see Canada. It's a big beautiful country and I would love to see more of it.

Absolutely !!!
I remember in the early Byrne issues, Alpha traveled all over Canada. Their were stories in B.C., Northwest Territories, Ontario, Quebec... they even showed scenes of Marrina's home in Newfoundland.
I think non-Canadians may become more interested in the Alpha Flight series if it showed them more of what Canada is. I have a great amount of respect for Toronto. Its the 5th largest metropolitan area in North America... but it is not the be all and end all of Canada. :)

Ahab
08-29-2011, 07:43 PM
I think seeing members of Weapon Prime show up would be fun. Maybe have Llan come back as well. A new Zodiac, maybe more mystical ties to them. Gilded Lily and Smart Alec's return.

I'd like to see Weapon Prime back too, if only to see Alpha Flight kick their behinds...

Alpha Rider
08-29-2011, 10:28 PM
I'd like to see Weaon Prime, and some of the old AFers who we hadn't seen for a while just to see what they've been up to.

Jason Eberly
08-30-2011, 05:45 AM
I just want Fred Van Lente and Greg Pak to continue doing a great job on this title like they've done up until now for many many years to come. I trust them and their ability to continue to tell great stories that build on the history of the characters, and not just tell their stories with characters that look but don't act like the ones we know like many other writers do these days (I'm looking at you, Grant Morrison and Brian Bendis!).

Readsreads
08-30-2011, 10:51 AM
I would like to see a complete resolution of Department H and K. There were hints during Omega Flight that Department K did exist in some form, hence Weapon Omega during Dark Reign. I think we really need to see just how these orginazations lasted all these years and just why they were more brought on testing their team with various threats and experiments instead of actually letting them be a team. Of course we get hints of that now in the curren book, but we really need to see a resolution instead of: "Well, we just do it because we feel like it."

Silvian_Bruno
08-30-2011, 11:46 AM
You know what? I kinda second wanting to see Zuzha Yu at some point. The rest of that later stuff might as well be skipped over, but it does feel like there's now a lot of extra canon with Puck that should at least be resolved. Unless we just pretend none of it was part of their story anyway. I guess that works too.

Banshee
08-30-2011, 03:56 PM
1.Corporal Anne McKenzie! Defo need to see more of snowbirds human alter ego
2.Elizabeth Twoyoungmen as Talisman
3.The Hudsons move into their old house on the hill from volume 1 Byrne issues (world recession etc etc) and not get divorced as per Johnny/Lyja, seperated as in Scott/Jean, parted as in Vision and Scarlett Witch
4.Tamarind Island!
5. Gilded Lily-Menacing, Mysterious, Macabre!

Sypes
08-30-2011, 03:59 PM
I'd totally love to see resolutions to storylines that never got finished such as Zuzha Yu and other dead AF members, but I would also love for death to mean something too. I understand that without resurrections (or help from Great Beasts) we wouldn't have Alpha Flight back again, but sometimes death should be permanent so you long for something that was good and want to see something as good come up eventually. Not a meaningless death, but a death that brings more to a story, executed well, can be quite gripping.

Silvian_Bruno
08-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Sypes I agree with everything you said, but I'm curious what you're referring to when you mention meaningful deaths, since the AF mass kill-off was about as anti-climatic as it gets.

I know that it's kind of a staple of big comic crossover events to kill off a lesser known character or two to show how serious the situation is (or how "badass" an author's new pet villain can be) but doing so with roughly twenty characters off-panel is particularly brazen.

Flightpath07
08-30-2011, 09:17 PM
You know what? I kinda second wanting to see Zuzha Yu at some point.

Yeah, i'd like to see this too, eh!

I'd like to see the team having lives outside of superheroics, so we get to spend time with them as people.
I want them having good times to counteract the constant fighting.

Totally agree. And the good times will come. Right now, they are in the fight of their lives!

I also want the kids back, in Beta/Gamma Flights

I'd actually vote 'no' on this one. These concepts have never worked that well.

A new Zodiac, maybe more mystical ties to them

That'd be good!

Smart Alec's return

Who says he HASNT returned?!?

I have a great amount of respect for Toronto. Its the 5th largest metropolitan area in North America... but it is not the be all and end all of Canada.

I partially disagree. To anyone outside of Toronto, it is definitely the 'end' of Canada...the back end.

some of the old AFers who we hadn't seen for a while just to see what they've been up to.

IMHO, a better idea than Gamma and Beta Fligths.

Sypes
08-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Sypes I agree with everything you said, but I'm curious what you're referring to when you mention meaningful deaths, since the AF mass kill-off was about as anti-climatic as it gets.

I know that it's kind of a staple of big comic crossover events to kill off a lesser known character or two to show how serious the situation is (or how "badass" an author's new pet villain can be) but doing so with roughly twenty characters off-panel is particularly brazen.

That's exactly my point. I hate when they kill someone just for sale or kill him/her/them in a cheap way. The death should either be a well planned surprise or a thrill ride to the end.

I thought Guardian's first "death" was exciting. I didn't see it coming, the serie had only started, it was unexpected and shocking (at least to me). And I feel the team grew from that point, Heather came in to herself and a leader, there were painful memories associated to their history, a background story. And Guardian became a symbol that the others could aim to become, establish deep team values and honor in memories...

if any of that make sense haha

musicgeek
08-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Heroes: Talisman!! Laura (to teleport the team). Re-designed and 3-dimensional Goblin. Radius as the new Box. Depowered Flex as communications/admin officer. whitman as the team doctor. Also, since they are everywhere…Wolverine and Spiderman. (Kidding)

Villains: Pestilence, Loki, the Master, Great Beasts, Dream Queen, Wyre (think he’d be good as villain), Pink Pearl as a kingpin leading a group of low level super-criminals. Run ins with the China Force/Winter Guard/Weapon Prime/Michael Pointer.

Plots lines: Some stand alone character driven stories focusing on one or two members. The complete explanation/resolution of Marrina’s leviathan mess so that it is washed away for good, never can be brought up/used again, and forgotten. The Smallwood’s reaction to the new Marrina. A visit from the Submariner (his wife is alive again…). (Yes, this is Marrina heavy, but I have always liked her and feel she is the most under-used & abused and has potential.)

batman_von_gein
08-31-2011, 05:41 AM
USA vs Canada would be sweet. alpha flight wants mailman mike to stand trial for his crimes in canada and the usa won't let him go. so all heroes from canada would band together against the american super heroes in an epic war. it would be interesting.

Phil
08-31-2011, 08:43 AM
I did write a long-ass post yesterday, but it was just as the site went down so I'll try and remember most of it;

I'm quite apprehensive. as an ongoing doesn't automatically guarantee us a set number of issues. The title may well just run to #12.
Volume's 2 & 3 were ongoing let's not forget.

Because of that I don't want the series to just become a Marvel Two-In-One and have guest appearances all the time in order to try and boost sales/'save' the series.
I want a chance to let these characters grow and shine and get the team some face time as a team.

Having The Avengers & Wolverine show up to check on Canada after the global carnage caused by Fear Itself makes sense so I don't mind, but I'd rather have a massive global terror take over the rest of the world and incapactitate The Avengers and AF have to go and save them and the world; the complete opposite of The Collective storyline. That kind of thing.
Having Wolverine just turn up and be Wolverine for no reason at all would just jarr with me.
Likewise, Captain Britain & MI:13 make sense because of the Commonwealth aspect, and is a nice throwback to the AF World Tour. If the UK is involved I'd quite like to see a cameo panel of Windshear, even if unnamed for the fans.

I'd like to see cameos/guest appearances of AF in other titles too. Editorial kept saying that lots of people had pitched AF series' but they weren't quite right untill Freg's. That must mean that there are Marvel writers who like AF. Let's see them put some in.
Let's see Mac & Walt used as geniuses in their relevant fields. Let's see Shaman being a shaman and a doctor.

I'd like to see a crossover with Herc. It makes sense with the writing team and it'd be nice to see Snowbird's affections now Herc is mortal. The fact that half the team is alive due to him is relevant too.

How 'Regenesis' affects Northstar & Jeffries positions on X-teams could lead to stories later on.
Similar sort of thing with Namor. I'd like to see a punk Marrina slap him.

Having Loki, Belasco & Witchfire show up as villains down the line would work, integrating more with the MU and giving real reasons for guest appearances from Thor/Avengers/Magik/X-Men/New Mutants.
I don't think bringing back too many old characters is a wise idea.
The team is already pretty big and adding past members will just confuse and put off new readers.
Seeing Talisman actually reconnect with her father would be a nice touch. She's still in recent memory from Omega Flight and the Unity computer simulation. But I wouldn't want her to join the team. She's too similar to her father for casual readers. A panel of her training an unnamed Earthmover possibly, or something.

Depending on how the Fear Itself storyline wraps up would affect the outcome of Persuasion/Purple Woman.
If Heather does leave AF due to her actions I'd like her to become more of a behind the scenes person ala how Byrne had her at the start.
I could see Persuasion filling her spot if it turns out she's been brainwashed all along. It's relevant and the rehabilitation angle works. It'll also cause tension with her & Northstar over Kyle etc.
If however she hasn't I could see a rogue Alpha Strike team operating as regular villains. Possibly becoming a new Weapon PRIME rather than Alpha Strike when no longer government sanctioned. I don't see the point in both teams existing as they're pretty much the same thing.

I think that was about it, but I've probably forgotten stuff.

EDIT: I did;

It would have been nice to see Puck's backstory with Zuzha and for Walt to y'know, actually tell them they're related, but now she's dead I don't think there'd be any point rehashing it out.
I do however think Walt's son should be introduced, possibly as a villain although that may be a tad cliché.
Some arguments with his ex-wife too perhaps.

Another EDIT:

I'd love, love, LOVE for Marvel to try and offer an olive branch to Byrne and get a variant cover for an issue, but I don't think it'll ever happen.

A crosshairs cover for #12 is on my wishlist too.

Flightpath07
08-31-2011, 12:28 PM
Dear Greg Pak and Fred van Lente,

Now that you have an ongoing Alpha Flight series (congratulations!), who are you going to kill off in issue 12? Better get cracking on that answer, it comes quick!

Also, don't forget to get Dale up to speed on what the cover for that issue will look like. ;)

Fligthpath07

Garry/Al-Fan
08-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Congratulations on Alpha Flight becoming an on-going. I agree with Jason that I hope Fred, Greg, and Dale can continue to express their vision of the team. At this point, I would like to see a self-contained story (a la 0.1) from time to time; the multi-issue arcs that get collected into hardcovers have become too common, IMO, just like the cross-hair #12. Time for something different.

bigbloo
08-31-2011, 09:37 PM
As much as I love all of the history AF has, I think developing the core team is the way to go, at least for the first two years. I don't want to scare new fans away, and a lot of AF's past is pretty scary. :p

Also, whoever said Sas + Squirrel Girl = genius. LOL

batman_von_gein
09-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Also, whoever said Sas + Squirrel Girl = genius. LOL

thank you. i think she is a way better fit for walter and she would be great for alpha flight if she would join the team (even tho she is american).

Le Messor
09-01-2011, 07:00 AM
I think it would be a perfect opportunity to reawaken the 'ClanDestine'. Like the original 'New Warriors' they were the nearest to the way Alpha were portrayed.

... Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!
ClanDestine returns in all their Alan Davis glory, and Alpha guest star!!!
I've just always wanted to see Alan Davis' take on the team.

And one to miscount it.

There. Were. FOUR LIGHTS!!!

3.The Hudsons move into their old house on the hill from volume 1 Byrne issues (world recession etc etc)

Last I checked, I thought they were back there. For no adequately explored reason.

5. Gilded Lily-Menacing, Mysterious, Macabre!

Creepy. Cooky. Mysterious. Spooky!
Nice cover quote!

- Le Messor
"I sat all the way through Thor, and they didn't play KISS's God Of Thunder? Nobody said 'Stop! Hammer time!' I don't care that I enjoyed it, I want my money back!"

Flightpath07
09-01-2011, 08:34 AM
There. Were. FOUR LIGHTS!!!

Okay, so, I'm not a Buddhist. Maybe i am misunderstanding something in the translation? Does one light bulb normally have four lights?

You DiD say that it took four Buddhists to change one light bulb...then only described what three were doing...?...

Once again, I'm lost... :(

SmurfInABlender
09-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Freg brought us some great stuff from Alpha Flight's History. They have kept the original team together with a twist. Now that they have succeeded and gained the trust of fans, I'd like to see them add more of their own flare. Maybe introduce a new character or two into a new Beta flight, perhaps create a new, strong, Alpha Flight-centric villain. I'd like to see them take liberties with flight now that they have worked with the foundation.

One thing Geoff Johns is so good at is taking a character back to his roots, building upon the foundation that made them great and then playing with that mythos going forward. If "Freg" have built the solid foundation on the original team, which they have, then now is the time to play around with the mythos and take liberties. Put their mark on them.

batman_von_gein
09-01-2011, 12:39 PM
now is the time to play around with the mythos and take liberties. Put their mark on them.

i agree. they should create a new villain and who knows maybe that is what they are doing now.

but i would also like them to do team ups with other marvel characters but not the big names. alpha flight for some odd reason as always been an outcast in the marvel universe. they should build on that and bring other outcast into the fold. i would love to see a crossover with the G.L.Xmen or what ever they are going by now, that would also open the door for my suggestion earlier with squirrel girl and sasquatch. or maybe bring generation x or the new mutants over. moon knight would be cool or even the punisher. why does it normally (not always) have to be the x-men or the avengers crossing over?

Sypes
09-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Maybe introduce a new character or two into a new Beta flight, perhaps create a new, strong, Alpha Flight-centric villain. I'd like to see them take liberties with flight now that they have worked with the foundation.

Didn't they sort of do that by making Heather a villain? I understand she might be under the influence of something/someone but I doubt there is any turning back at this point...

Sypes
09-01-2011, 01:10 PM
why does it normally (not always) have to be the x-men or the avengers crossing over?

Do the Avengers of X-men need a passport to "cross over" to Canada? Would we send planes to escort them over if they don't identify themselves? They probably have a Nexxus card right...

batman_von_gein
09-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Do the Avengers of X-men need a passport to "cross over" to Canada? Would we send planes to escort them over if they don't identify themselves? They probably have a Nexxus card right...

lol that's a good point. by law now they should need a passport.

and as for heather being a villain, i agree they gave us a new villain. but i think it would be nice to see their creative side and have a completely new character. alpha never really had a nemesis per-say. the x-men have magneto, the fantastic 4 have dr. doom, and the avengers have ultron. but alpha never had one. you could argue the master but i don't see it. they need an-anti canadian who hates everything they stand for and pops in and out of stories and sends other to kill them.

Flightpath07
09-01-2011, 01:34 PM
i would love to see a crossover with the G.L.Xmen or what ever they are going by now, that would also open the door for my suggestion earlier with squirrel girl and sasquatch.

She is no longer associated with the Great Lakes Avengers, sorry. Hanging with the Avengers now, as nanny for Luke Cage's kid.

Also, has acknowledged a past relationship with Wolverine, and has a huge crush on Speedball/Penance.

The more I know of her, the less i want her to have ANYTHING to do with Alpha Flight!

(and I think i read somewhere that she was a regular cast member of the X-men now, too)

As far as Beta Flight goes...ugh. Besides which, that B-team would be associated with Heather's government team, not Alpha Flight. We're not all expecting Alpha Flight back as the 'good guys' in the near future, are we? Cuz I think that'd be a mistake - this evil-government storyline, with AF as the guerilla heroes, I think is destined to go on for quite some time.

batman_von_gein
09-01-2011, 01:50 PM
She is no longer associated with the Great Lakes Avengers, sorry. Hanging with the Avengers now, as nanny for Luke Cage's kid.

Also, has acknowledged a past relationship with Wolverine, and has a huge crush on Speedball/Penance.

The more I know of her, the less i want her to have ANYTHING to do with Alpha Flight!

(and I think i read somewhere that she was a regular cast member of the X-men now, too)

damn the avengers and x-men always grab people. squirrel girl needs to gnaw luke cage's arm off and scurry across the border. lol

As far as Beta Flight goes...ugh. Besides which, that B-team would be associated with Heather's government team, not Alpha Flight. We're not all expecting Alpha Flight back as the 'good guys' in the near future, are we? Cuz I think that'd be a mistake - this evil-government storyline, with AF as the guerilla heroes, I think is destined to go on for quite some time.

i agree they are gonna be guerrilla heroes for awhile. hopefully the government is just taken over by mind control so they can go back to admired heroes soon. maybe major maple II will rescue them all (j/k).

varo
09-01-2011, 02:53 PM
i really want to see beta and gamma flight re-established as well as the return of jeffires, maybe a version of box, always prefered roger over madisons version. also the return of wildchild and talisman.

Flightpath07
09-01-2011, 05:27 PM
also the return of wildchild

Varo for Prime Minister!

Alphan East
09-01-2011, 07:28 PM
alpha never really had a nemesis per-say... you could argue the master but i don't see it.

Actually, I believe this creative team could take the Master and turn him into a real threat, similar to what Dr. Doom is to the FF.
He's a genius, he's practically immortal (at the very least, he's extremely hard to kill), he has alien technology at his disposal... there's a lot of potential there. He could be much more manipulative and menacing.

DelBubs
09-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Question : Any plans for Bedlam, The Derangers, Wyre, Goblyn, Nemesis, Dream Queen, Diamond Lil, Weapon PRIME, Witchfire or Stitch. Loving the new book btw and on board for Destroyers too. Lets make you the guy who makes minis ongoings.

Answer : Here (http://www.formspring.me/FVanLente/q/233728756978558660?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=shareanswer&_sg=&_sk=?1314919429760)

batman_von_gein
09-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Actually, I believe this creative team could take the Master and turn him into a real threat, similar to what Dr. Doom is to the FF.
He's a genius, he's practically immortal (at the very least, he's extremely hard to kill), he has alien technology at his disposal... there's a lot of potential there. He could be much more manipulative and menacing.

i agree. i finally got 0.1 and 3 yesterday and read them both. the team working on alpha flight now might be the best ever. the story is so gripping and they could do wonders with the master. i still would like to see what they could create to. and they should have tygerstryke come in somewhere. the whole p.r.i.m.e. team would be cool but at least tygerstryke

Legerd
09-02-2011, 12:12 AM

I've been waiting for a writer to do this for awhile. The Master, even more than Doom, should be a villain to fear. He has advanced, alien tech; immense patience; utterly ruthless and uncaring; is essentially immortal and combines aspects of Mr. Sinister (genetic science), Dr. Doom (technological science, and advanced armour) and Apocalypse (long lived, patient, planner). This is a guy who recreated a mutant's powers from a few bits of random genetic material he captured after said mutant was dead, and used it to reshape himself into a perfect human specimen by will alone. Heroes should be terrified to go up against this guy, not laugh at him.

Flightpath07
09-02-2011, 03:48 AM
Answer : Here

Oh. Oh...MY! Yeesh...

Goblyn?! As...no. NO! Bad Fred! Bad Fred! Bad idea, please delete from all memory banks immediately!

DelBubs
09-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Q : No plans for Diamond Lil? :( But then who will save her from the horrendous jobbing she got?)

A : :rolleyes: (http://www.formspring.me/FVanLente/q/233939109406580230?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=shareanswer&_sg=&_sk=)

Flightpath07
09-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Er...so, that Lil question was posed, and that was the response?

Is it just me, or is that answer a little ambiguous?

Or was that just Del having a little fun?

Phil
09-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Del's smiley face is a link to the actual question;

http://www.formspring.me/FVanLente/q/233939109406580230

DelBubs
09-02-2011, 01:02 PM

Too subtle, my bad :-) (not a link :-) (neither is this))

Le Messor
09-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Okay, so, I'm not a Buddhist. Maybe i am misunderstanding something in the translation? Does one light bulb normally have four lights?

Or a trekker, apparently. It was just a riddle, and not one I made up.

Now that they have succeeded and gained the trust of fans, I'd like to see them add more of their own flare.

I'd like to see them pull back a little, and try to figure out what about Byrne's run made this book so cool, and build more on that.

- Le Messor
"I'd love to, but I've got a Friends of Rutabaga meeting."

Flightpath07
09-02-2011, 11:38 PM

Ah, thanks Phil.

And, no, THAT answer by FVL was definitely NOT ambiguous! Actually, it was so honest, it hurts a little bit...

Flightpath07
09-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Or a trekker, apparently

I've seen 90% of the ST:TNG episodes...and all the movies. Most of the original series, in repeat. But do i memorize plots and dialogue, etcetera? No.

Legerd
09-03-2011, 12:22 AM
I've seen 90% of the ST:TNG episodes...and all the movies. Most of the original series, in repeat. But do i memorize plots and dialogue, etcetera? No.

There. Are. Four. Lights! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR_fkXB86kg&feature=related)

Flightpath07
09-03-2011, 12:52 AM
Huh. One of the few episodes i did NOT see.

Makes a much better captain of a starship than he does a mutant leader, IMO.

DelBubs
09-03-2011, 12:45 PM
When asked "What did you think of the various runs on Alpha Flight after Byrne left. Which of them stood out most to you? " FVL said this (http://www.formspring.me/FVanLente/q/234338416697810602?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=shareanswer&_sg=&_sk=)

Flightpath07
09-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Oh.

Look, I love Fred to pieces...hate to say ANYTHING negative, after he has so lovingly given us our Flight back...but, REALLY!?! Go down to the bargain bin, pick up the issues, and read them! If we all had to suffer through them (and some of them we loved, too), then so should the current creative team.

Le Messor
09-03-2011, 04:42 PM
I'd think he should read the later ones, if for nothing else than to research the team.

But what aboug Greg?
Has he read them?

- Le Messor
What do *I* want from Alpha Flight? One. Billion. Dollars.
Actually, I don't care who gives it to me. And I don't see Alpha Flight having it. I just want the money.

varo
09-03-2011, 05:52 PM
i love this team, but i got to be honest, i'm alot like fred, nothing past issues 28 really grabbed me. the team was pretty much coasting to me at that point. fabians run was pretty good, and the weapon omega stuff was pretty cool. but thats about it. but i still bought every issue :)

Ahab
09-03-2011, 06:03 PM
I'd think he should read the later ones, if for nothing else than to research the team.

Yes, there were some good nuggets there to work with. I hope eventually they will work off of some of the other storylines that came post-Byrne, but I can see why right now, they want to steer clear of continuity baggage.

DaVeO
09-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Talisman back obviously.
A new Box would be nice, maybe a squadron of them ala DC's Rocket Reds.
Capt. Britain and MI:13 will already be appearing so that's one wish granted.
Some international adventures, for some reason I'd like to see them visit Russia and work/fight with the Winter Guard. Canada's proximity with Russia via the Arctic has some story potential there I think.
Some brand new heroes would be cool as well and I wouldn't be opposed to some international or American heroes on the team...just not U.S.Agent. [-(
A supernatural adventure.
Gamma Flight. New crop of Canadian heroes with Alpha (or former members) as mentors/teachers? Yes please. It worked for the JSA and it's working for Avengers Academy.

That's about it, I leave the rest up to Fred 'n Greg 'n Dale.

Flightpath07
09-04-2011, 11:19 PM
New crop of Canadian heroes with Alpha (or former members) as mentors/teachers? Yes please. It worked for the JSA and it's working for Avengers Academy.

I'll take your word for it on JSA, but heartily agree on Avengers Academy which totally and completely ROCKS! \m/

But, to play devils advocate, didn't AF already do this, in the entirety of Volume 3? Puck II, Yukon Jack, Cenetennial, Nemesis, Major Maple Leaf II, Mar, all being lead by their mentor/teacher, Sasquatch. Yet, almost everybody here at this site hated it.

Not saying that it being new heroes was the only reason for that hatred. Just suggesting that perhaps most of us here wouldn't be willing to accept new heroes? After all, most of us are clamoring for the return of more of the old ones.

Just saying.

Readsreads
09-04-2011, 11:56 PM
Since the Avengers and Wolverine are set. I would like to see some actually closure between Logan and Alpha Flight. The whole: "Weapon X you really belong to us or we just have to fight you because" needs to be settled. I would actually enjoy Wolverine telling AF now they've been on the other end of the rope with the government hunting them. Time for them to all respect each other again. I also would love to see some more fall out from Omega Flight mini and the current team. Sasquatch was on both and Pointer after all "killed" them and was made into a hero and then later a weapon by their own government. Makes you think.

DaVeO
09-05-2011, 12:22 AM
I'll take your word for it on JSA, but heartily agree on Avengers Academy which totally and completely ROCKS! \m/

But, to play devils advocate, didn't AF already do this, in the entirety of Volume 3? Puck II, Yukon Jack, Cenetennial, Nemesis, Major Maple Leaf II, Mar, all being lead by their mentor/teacher, Sasquatch. Yet, almost everybody here at this site hated it.

Not saying that it being new heroes was the only reason for that hatred. Just suggesting that perhaps most of us here wouldn't be willing to accept new heroes? After all, most of us are clamoring for the return of more of the old ones.

Just saying.

The difference there is THAT Alpha team was the ONLY team. Also the fact it was poorly written hindered it. The X franchise does this a lot with student characters, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but either way it grows a supporting cast and sometimes new favorites emerge. I like the return of some vets too (although past Byrne's creations none really grew on me except perhaps Persuasion) but I certainly would never want to limit Fred 'n Greg's (I refuse to use the term Freg) creativity if they want to give us new members.

Alphan East
09-05-2011, 10:22 AM
The difference there is THAT Alpha team was the ONLY team. Also the fact it was poorly written hindered it. The X franchise does this a lot with student characters, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but either way it grows a supporting cast and sometimes new favorites emerge. I like the return of some vets too (although past Byrne's creations none really grew on me except perhaps Persuasion) but I certainly would never want to limit Fred 'n Greg's (I refuse to use the term Freg) creativity if they want to give us new members.

I agree. Right now, both the X-Men and the Avengers have enough members for multiple teams... they even take the time to help train newer members (ie. Avengers Academy).
They could recreate a Beta Flight team and have some of the Alpha team act as trainers and instructors... I think Northstar, Jeffries, and Shaman would be excellent in that type of role. That would allow room for Talisman to join back up.
Also, WAYYYY back around 1991, didn't they have so many X-Men that they divided it up into two teams (I think they were called "Cyclops' Blue team" and "Storm's Gold team"). In cases where there are multiple threats, we could have a "Red team" and a "White team".
That's the great thing about Alpha... so many ideas, so much potential.

Phil
09-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Yeah, but the Avengers & X books get away with it through mulitple books.
AF doesn't have the luxury of being able to/the readership needed to spin off a compainion book.

Having a Beta Flight cast adds yet more people to an already packed book and it'll just turn casual readers off.

Alphan East
09-05-2011, 10:59 AM
AF doesn't have the luxury of being able to/the readership needed to spin off a compainion book.

Having a Beta Flight cast adds yet more people to an already packed book and it'll just turn casual readers off.

You're correct. For right now, they should focus on the core team.
But hopefully, it could grow the fanbase needed for a larger footprint, once casual readers become loyal readers. Vol. 1 stuck around for 130 issues... if we can keep this series alive for that long, this type of setup could be brought in.
Hey... a fan can dream, can't he ? :)

Legerd
09-05-2011, 12:47 PM
If AF can build and hold enough of an audience then I think it would be possible (and a logical step) to reintroduce a Beta Flight team into the book -- not that they would be in every issue though. Phil is right that cramming too many characters into one title would hurt it, but they could be involved with subplots or individuals may be involved with the main story. If the characters prove popular enough then a spin off book of their own could happen.
Of course FVL and Pak have gone on the record as saying they don't like or don't do well writing a boatload of characters, so I think dealing with the team as it is will be enough for them.

Flightpath07
09-05-2011, 01:16 PM
I also would love to see some more fall out from Omega Flight mini and the current team. Sasquatch was on both and Pointer after all "killed" them and was made into a hero and then later a weapon by their own government. Makes you think.

I agree. i know they say that want to avoid-at-all-costs mentioning that AF was dead, so as not to confuse people...but ignoring Omega Flight and what happened therein SUCKS! I'd just like to see Puck scream at Walter for letting Pointer on the team, or Snowbird slap him upside the head. Its not that they shouldn't forgive him...its just that they shouldn't ignore it, either. That's wrong. Plus, I consider it a disservice to Oeming, whom i still have a lot of respect for (``hi, Mike!`` Just in case you are reading this...)

Agree with Phil. Be better to have people guest star in occasional issues, or get mentioned as Canadian heroes saving somebody or something. Like to know some of them are out there doing things, even if we don`t see it. At least that gives them something to go on, in case somebody else ever wants to use them...

cmdrkoenig67
09-05-2011, 06:26 PM

Just saying.

I hated the bad comedy aspect of the volume 3 series the most...The characters and mentor concept wasn't bad, though.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67
09-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Since the Avengers and Wolverine are set. I would like to see some actually closure between Logan and Alpha Flight. The whole: "Weapon X you really belong to us or we just have to fight you because" needs to be settled. I would actually enjoy Wolverine telling AF now they've been on the other end of the rope with the government hunting them. Time for them to all respect each other again. I also would love to see some more fall out from Omega Flight mini and the current team. Sasquatch was on both and Pointer after all "killed" them and was made into a hero and then later a weapon by their own government. Makes you think.

...And now Pointer is a villain of sorts by the name Weapon Omega...Perfect villain for Alpha Flight to beat up on...LOL! I'm glad he wasn't Guardian for long...He didn't deserve to wear that uniform.

Dana

Alphan East
09-05-2011, 07:37 PM
...And now Pointer is a villain of sorts by the name Weapon Omega...Perfect villain for Alpha Flight to beat up on...LOL! I'm glad he wasn't Guardian for long...He didn't deserve to wear that uniform.

100% agree with that last part. When I heard that there was going to be an Omega Flight mini, I was willing to give it a chance. But when they wheeled in Pointer wearing the Guardian suit, I was hoping that Talisman was gonna fry him right there.
And you're right, now that he's a villain, Alpha can really wail on him. :)

batman_von_gein
09-06-2011, 07:09 AM

i agree. alpha flight is just getting back on their feet with the marvel universe. they need to keep it sweet and simple for awhile to get new readers interested in them. i think after the fear itself story "say around 10 to 15 issues" they could introduce a new character maybe 2 but slowly. the fan basis needs to be bigger before the team can be. talisman and box definitely need to come back because they are classic to alpha flight and they rock. but wait for the newbies.

rplass
09-06-2011, 11:00 AM
i think after the fear itself story "say around 10 to 15 issues" they could introduce a new character maybe 2 but slowly.

Recall that the in the 1st series, we had .... two new characters introduced in issue #1 (Puck, Marrina), then Box and Madison Jeffries eased in slowly at issue #16 but didn't really join until in the 20s, and Talisman at #19... but Beta Flight didn't start up until Purple Girl showed up in issue #41. That's three and a half years into the run before Beta Flight started up (which was technically in issue #42)! That would correspond to October 2014 in this series.

Love,
rplass

batman_von_gein
09-06-2011, 11:21 AM
That would correspond to October 2014 in this series.

it would be a long wait but it get new comers a chance to know and love the original characters. hopefully they go buy or at least read the 1st 12 issues so they get the back ground stories of the characters. but maybe they could introduce new characters as being infected by the fear itself stuff and after they come out of it, the newbies could become the new beta flight. that would make for a good plot and it follows mailman mike, diamond lil, and wild child. kill or try to kill alpha flight and u can become a member. lol

Flightpath07
09-06-2011, 12:19 PM
kill or try to kill alpha flight and u can become a member

Quick! Somebody lend me a pair of leotards, and a hammer!

DaVeO
09-06-2011, 12:25 PM

You have a point. Still, I'll just add it to my wall of crazy that AF will get immensely popular and warrant a second book. Geoff Johns's JSA had a 20 odd character roster at one time and was still a top seller. It's a balancing act which some writers can handle and some can't.

Flightpath07
09-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Geoff Johns's JSA had a 20 odd character roster at one time and was still a top seller. It's a balancing act which some writers can handle and some can't.

Somewhere, at some artists' desk, Dale Eaglesham just looked up from his work, eyes bulging out of his head, choked out the words "more than...20??!!!!" , turned a nice shade of green, and vomited his lunch all over his lap.

I think that idea may kill him. Maybe we could try for just ONE extra character, work him up to it slowyl? lol.

Garry/Al-Fan
09-06-2011, 03:37 PM
When it comes to characters, I'd like to see Elizabeth/Talisman. It looks like the team is going to need her before this plot-line runs out.

Since Northstar deduced that Aurora/Jeanne-Marie was close to getting dissected in vol. 4 # 3, my money (if I had any) would be on The Master being one of the major adversaries. The Master seemed as if he was being developed into Alpha Flight's nemesis (no pun intended), and if he actually did reconstruct his own body after it had been dissected by the Plodex ship, he is indeed a villain to be respected.

I hope Greg, Fred, and Dale have enough room to give Michael and Narya the spotlight, because they seem more like "supporting characters" at this point.

DaVeO
09-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Somewhere, at some artists' desk, Dale Eaglesham just looked up from his work, eyes bulging out of his head, choked out the words "more than...20??!!!!" , turned a nice shade of green, and vomited his lunch all over his lap.

I think that idea may kill him. Maybe we could try for just ONE extra character, work him up to it slowyl? lol.

The irony of that statement is that Dale was drawing it at the time.

Flightpath07
09-06-2011, 11:09 PM
The irony of that statement is that Dale was drawing it at the time.

lol

Wildcard
09-07-2011, 01:16 AM
I hope they explore more of Snowbird, Shaman and Talisman's characters, theyre relationships and the magical aspect of them.

I hope we see Nemesis at some point. I have always loved her costume.

I would LOVE to see a single or double issue story arc/buddy story involving just Puck and Wolverine with a lot of "ehs", "bubs", beer and brawling.

I hope Heather is redeemed at some point. Marvel doesnt have a lot of strong, female characters in leadership roles and it was something I always liked about her

cmdrkoenig67
09-07-2011, 11:06 AM
I agree about Heather...She's too good of a character to remain a villain.

Dana

batman_von_gein
09-07-2011, 12:34 PM

i agree also. after mac's death she really became the heart and soul of alpha flight

Flightpath07
09-07-2011, 12:43 PM
after mac's death she really became the heart and soul of alpha flight

Her and Eugene.

batman_von_gein
09-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Her and Eugene.

true i forgot him lol

Flightpath07
09-07-2011, 02:07 PM
true i forgot him lol

he's short; he does tend to get overlooked.

DaVeO
09-08-2011, 12:37 AM

Dana

Also agreed. In this case I'm hoping for a happy ending for the Hudsons, they deserve it.

Garry/Al-Fan
09-10-2011, 01:20 PM
If Fred, Greg, Dale, and Mark try to make lightning strike twice, I hope they do 5-to-7 page back-up stories (like vol. 1, # 2, 3, 5 thru 11) for the many, many Alpha-characters that everyone is clamoring for. It would be great to have a focused story on NEMESIS, PURPLE WOMAN, "YUKON JACK" [with a name-change, preferably], and 5 others. I think it would be a nice homage.

Flightpath07
09-10-2011, 01:50 PM
If Fred, Greg, Dale, and Mark try to make lightning strike twice, I hope they do 5-to-7 page back-up stories (like vol. 1, # 2, 3, 5 thru 11) for the many, many Alpha-characters that everyone is clamoring for. It would be great to have a focused story on NEMESIS, PURPLE WOMAN, "YUKON JACK" [with a name-change, preferably], and 5 others. I think it would be a nice homage.

Hey! I agree with this (except about the name-change part)!

Plus, homage is a really cool word.

Phil
09-10-2011, 02:08 PM
I think for a double sized issue that'd be really cool.
In this market I'd hate to see 5 pages taken away from Dale & the current storyline each month though, but it'd definitely be nice to see some lesser characters, perhaps by other writers & artists.
Maybe a done-in-one issue every now and again, say #13 or #26 to give Dale a breather after a double sized issue or storyline.

Which reminds me of Vol.2 #13. I quite liked the whole day in the life of a Dept.H worker issue and it was a rare chance to see Ash Wood art in a superhero title.

Flightpath07
09-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Which reminds me of Vol.2 #13. I quite liked the whole day in the life of a Dept.H worker issue

That was the issue which made me truly fall in love with Volume 2.