PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Ask John Byrne one question?

DelBubs
09-30-2011, 09:12 PM
What would it be?

I would ask a non Alpha related question. I would ask, what if anything he would change about Claremont's 'X-Men : God Loves, Man Kills'

varo
09-30-2011, 10:28 PM
i would ask him why he didn't love alpha flight as much as i did. states he couldn't find a good groove with the characters, can't imagine how much better this book could have been if he actually enjoyed writing these characters that i have been following for over 20 years.

Flightpath07
10-01-2011, 04:19 AM
I'd ask him if he could sign my copy of AF Vol 1 Issue 1!

Alphan East
10-01-2011, 02:53 PM
First, I'd ask him if it would be OK if I smacked him in the head for bailing on Alpha Flight and handing it over to Bill Mantlo and the ever increasingly non-talented hacks who followed.
Then, I'd ask him if he needed help getting back up.

On a separate topic, does anyone know where I can rent a movie called "Anger Management" ? :)

Legerd
10-01-2011, 04:48 PM
I did ask him one question (How strong was Sasquatch supposed to be as originally created?) and he gave me a Bravo Sierra (thank you G.I. Joe) answer. :mad:

Le Messor
10-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Unfortunately, I've seen somebody ask him my question - and get ignored. (It was on his forum, and added to an existing thread.)

What were your original plans for Nemesis?

- Me Lessor
"If [your] happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself."
~ Tao Te Ching, translated by Stephen Mitchell

Jason Eberly
10-03-2011, 08:16 AM
I would ask him why they dye some pistachio nuts red?

Legerd
10-07-2011, 10:34 AM
I would ask him why they dye some pistachio nuts red?
He'd probably reply: "Because they're commies!" :p

Garry/Al-Fan
10-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Would John Byrne consider doing something that Jack Kirby didn't do (another Fantastic Four story after his 100-issue run) and Steve Ditko hasn't done (another Spider-Man or Dr. Strange story):
return to a title that he has left a remarkable imprint on?

Flightpath07
10-15-2011, 12:39 PM

but Avengers West Coast isn't being printed anymore!!!

Oh, maybe you mean that OTHER title of his...Next Men. Or were you referring to Hellboy?

I think I'll change my question for John Byrne to; "How can you be such a beloved genius, and also such a complete a&&h(l* ?"

DelBubs
10-15-2011, 12:44 PM

Oh, maybe you mean that OTHER title of his...Next Men. Or were you referring to Hellboy?

I think I'll change my question for John Byrne to; "How can you be such a beloved genius, and also such a complete a&&h(l* ?"

Best question so far.

Le Messor
10-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Would John Byrne consider...

He returned to She-Hulk.

I've just got and read through a stack. It was great... but the stack was kind of random. (No runs, just issues here and there; sadly, only a little was Byrne. Happily, it was all good.)

Unfortunately, not all that rare. There's a phrase: 'insufferable genius'.
Maybe it's a sense of entitlement? Maybe the feeling he's better / smarter than everyone else?
It's possible when he was a child, he faced a horrible trauma that scarred him for life, making him unable to trust / interact with other people, damaging a fragile psyche?
Or maybe he's just mean?

- Le Messor
"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you."

DelBubs
10-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Quickly truncating the thread drift, I would ask him, given what he feels about Alpha, would he want to change anything about how he wrote them or would he want to?